ADVERTISEMENT

Any Idea on Non-Conference Games Next Year?

It's now confirmed that MS is playing GBW week one so who has Montini scheduled?

As I have previously told you that I am just a fan. I have no input on who Montini plays or doesn't play and it would be presumptuous of me to think that I would or should have any influence of who Montini schedules. That is different than saying that I don't have an opinion. I do, and I would like to see Montini play Naz.

Having said that Montini has done a pretty good job of scheduling non-conf games.

Bronco,

It is NOT Montini's fault at all that Naz's schedule was less than it should have been. However, it wasn't the coaching staffs fault either. There was one occasion the Montini game was proposed and didn't happen, I don't know the reason. There were attempts to upgrade the 2015 schedule with A prominent team in the CPS that demanded the game at Gately and a payout of Thousands of dollars in addition so the games with Dunbar and Leo were scheduled. As for this year When Montini finally responded they refused the game while posting on the board that they needed a week one game. It's now confirmed that MS is playing GBW week one so who has Montini scheduled?
done deal game 1 naz vs. dunbar (under contract) game 2 delasalle....just play ball

Reactions: bronco man
Bones
You are going to have to refresh my memory. It was my belief, and it is entirely possible that I am wrong, that the first time Montini played JCA was in the 2010 title game (at least subsequent to 1994). Montini played the 2011 opener at JCA where Montini lost in a non-conf game, and played later that year in the title game.

Like most everyone I would like to see Montini play Naz, at the same time I don't know if getting a play by play as to who is not answering the phone, and the statement that Montini wants to play Morgan Park rather than Naz is the way to go about it. (Once again I am speculating and could be wrong but I don't think Morgan Park is on Montini's radar for a non-conf game.)

I thought I had answered this, but apparently not.

After the 2009 game there was a youtube video in celebration that quoted this board which was apparently used for motivation for the Broncos. Also in 2010 a Simeon player quoted someone on this board after they beat MC in Soldier Field.

As I have previously told you that I am just a fan. I have no input on who Montini plays or doesn't play and it would be presumptuous of me to think that I would or should have any influence of who Montini schedules. That is different than saying that I don't have an opinion. I do, and I would like to see Montini play Naz.

Having said that Montini has done a pretty good job of scheduling non-conf games.

All.... Yes indeed. I miss dearly that week one game and every other year a road trip to Lombard when the Broncos and Cyclones went at it. Great fans and you folks had grilling down to a fine art. There ought to be a law against closed conferences. Sigh.... Ratsy

There's no negotiation going on here. IMO this game is about 5-6 years overdue and quite honestly has lost most of its luster.

I'm in total agreement with godfather and frankly don't care about glass houses.
If Naz is looking to play bronco, i'm all for naz goading bronco. bronco has no shame, however, in turning down the game, they schedule as good as anyone. but alas, bones is right, naz bronco is the elephant on on the board.

We will see if it will be a second consecutive fall for none of the 3 LW schools having to play any of the other two during the regular season.

The schedule that I saw has LWW playing LWC but not LWE

It also has LWW only playing one non-con game which is Proviso West. They need to get out of that contract as it will hurt them come playoff time once again.

The LWE schedule has them playing LWC. It also shows them with a non-con against Crete-Monee which should be a good game. LWE still has one opening for a non-con game.

Can't find a LWC schedule yet.
LWE vs Maine South at MS WK 2

Heard recently that Montini is having a problem scheduling non conference games and may have to go out of state. Hope this rumor is not factual.

Even going out of state does not guarantee a nice two year home and away non conference game agreement. Looks like Hamilton Southeastern doesn't want to make the trip up to Illinois to play Waubonsie. Am hearing Dub V going to play Lincoln Way Central instead of Hamilton for the last non con game of the 9 team DVC before the following years conference break up.

Reactions: Gene K.
Heard recently that Montini is having a problem scheduling non conference games and may have to go out of state. Hope this rumor is not factual.
Then why didn't they take the offer that was presented.

Then why didn't they take the offer that was presented.
Just a fan and not privy to who offered a game to Montini. If it was Naz you are talking about I would certainly have liked to seen them play. I definitely would prefer them playing someone local rather than going out of state.

Props to Geneva for scheduling jca. Geneva won't know what they are getting, but said f it.

A win for Geneva could kick start theit season.

I also look forward to wn week 2. Jca is up 2-1 in the series.

2014: Jca 41-13
2015: Jca 34-14
2016: Wn 37-7

Morris would only do one year at Morris and just varsity game. Geneva agreed to home and home at all 3 levels
lol stupid stipulations by Morris, that'd be a fun game.

Geneva should be a solid game too. Did the brothers Soph/Frosh transfer out. The Soph started at S for varsity and frosh was on sophomore team. Can't think of their names but heard they may have transferred?

JCA opens at Geneva and then home vs Wheaton North week 2

Wow. Two big schools. You have to be hoping to at least split those two games if you're looking for 5 wins. Could be a tall order but not sure what either one has coming back. Would have liked to see a cupcake week one but I know those can be hard to find.

Will really be curious to see how the offense looks. If we go with three backs in the backfield, I will be curious to see if Butler plays wingback and Hailey fullback or vice versa. If we go with only two backs, I will be curious to see which of the backs ends up playing defense or receiver instead. Butler certainly looks the part of a DL/LB.

Wow. Two big schools. You have to be hoping to at least split those two games if you're looking for 5 wins. Could be a tall order but not sure what either one has coming back. Would have liked to see a cupcake week one but I know those can be hard to find.

Will really be curious to see how the offense looks. If we go with three backs in the backfield, I will be curious to see if Butler plays wingback and Hailey fullback or vice versa. If we go with only two backs, I will be curious to see which of the backs ends up playing defense or receiver instead. Butler certainly looks the part of a DL/LB.

My way early prediction is 6-3. I think JC wins both the non-conference games and then goes 4-3 in conference.

Reactions: penlight
My way early prediction is 6-3. I think JC wins both the non-conference games and then goes 4-3 in conference.
That would be a huge turn around. What did you see in the lower levels? The records didn't look good.

Geneva should be a solid game too. Did the brothers Soph/Frosh transfer out. The Soph started at S for varsity and frosh was on sophomore team. Can't think of their names but heard they may have transferred?

From what I am hearing, they transferred to JT Central.

Morris plays Coal City in week 1 2018, thus the one year contract needed

Have also heard Ottawa at Wilmington week 1 this year

Robeson pulls out of its game vs.
De La Salle, St Joe's refuses to play De La Salle, which was the original crossover. De La Salle now traveling to Benton Harbor, MI week 3.
Week 1 Niles North
Week 2 Nazareth
Week 3 Benton Harbor

Robeson pulls out of its game vs.
De La Salle, St Joe's refuses to play De La Salle, which was the original crossover. De La Salle now traveling to Benton Harbor, MI week 3.
Week 1 Niles North
Week 2 Nazareth
Week 3 Benton Harbor
Why would Joes refuse to play them??? Out of all the potential crossovers DLS is one of the better ones for Joes.

Just a fan and not privy to who offered a game to Montini. If it was Naz you are talking about I would certainly have liked to seen them play. I definitely would prefer them playing someone local rather than going out of state.
Was told by a friend at mchs they they are out of options right now and looking to goto Texas or florida. Maybe we can still make this game happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
Was told by a friend at mchs they they are out of options right now and looking to goto Texas or florida. Maybe we can still make this game happen.
Wow!!!! Definitely a shocker! I would have thought going out of state would have meant Michigan, Wisconsin, or somewhere else in the Midwest. Sure hope they reconsider this.

Wow!!!! Definitely a shocker! I would have thought going out of state would have meant Michigan, Wisconsin, or somewhere else in the Midwest. Sure hope they reconsider this.
So what happened to mchs' non con schedule that there is now an opening? No main south coming to Lombard?

So what happened to mchs' non con schedule that there is now an opening? No main south coming to Lombard?
Maine South is playing Glenbard West week 1. Wonder what the reasoning was behind that move. Would have loved to see how Montini would have fared versus the 2016 8A champs in 2017 considering how they got the lunch money taken from them last year. LOL

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT