ADVERTISEMENT

Any Idea on Non-Conference Games Next Year?

Orchard Lake St. Mary (MI) @ WWS week 8

St. Mary's just won their 4th consecutive state title last weekend.

LZ plays at Fremd week 1 and hosts Montini week 2.

Who will be on the sidelines for LZ right now is anyone's guess

Hell we don't know what our conference looks like next year.

Reactions: mc140
I'm hearing JCA may open up with Morris. Week 2 home vs Wheaton North.

I hear the invitation to Montini for week one has been extend from Naz. If it can't work for 2017 heard they also proposed starting the home and home in 2018.

Would be good for both schools. Let's see if Montini is willing to give up the series with Maine South.

Only one Non Conference game in the DVC next year (the year after in Fall 2018 there could be 5 of them;)).

I'm hearing WV will host Hamilton Southeastern (Fishers) Indiana in week 7. Not sure if that is officially locked down yet.

I'm hearing JCA may open up with Morris. Week 2 home vs Wheaton North.
Not sure Morris is a good move. Seems like the Redskins are back. Would have preferred a more favorable opponent. At least it doesn't involve much travel.

Still waiting for the shoe to drop on week 1 for GW.

'17 WSG cross over is the dreaded Proviso East. Add that to permanent WSG cross over AT and GW is desperate for real game before the LT-HC-OPRF gauntlet.

'17 WSG cross over is the dreaded Proviso East. Add that to permanent WSG cross over AT and GW is desperate for real game before the LT-HC-OPRF gauntlet.

There's a little school in Lombard.

Reactions: Gene K.
Hell we don't know what our conference looks like next year.
We will see if it will be a second consecutive fall for none of the 3 LW schools having to play any of the other two during the regular season.

I would be willing to bet that in the next few years GBW will have their tradional week 1 opponent back on the schedule and locked up in a long term contract.

Reactions: SilverHelmets
Small ball.... I haven't heard who Wilmington is playing week 1 next year.
Originally supposed to play the road half of a home/home vs SJO, but I've heard with SJO entering a new conference, that the contract has been nullified.

This would be great. Week 1 is not quite the same

Not sure I like the idea of going back there after the 2013 debacle I've described here a few times. Was fairly happy to see some new blood, but I get the fact that folks like the rivalry.

I wonder if they are talking. Tough task for new coach to kick off the career against Hetlet but I guess that is how MCHS rolls eh?

cap,

The assistant AD at West is Pete Mastendrea and he and Andriano are really good friends. I would say this game is possible if those guys place a phone call.

Mastendrea's kid played for Andriano in the late 90s.

Saint Francis
Week 1 @ Argo
Week 2 vs Aurora Central Catholic

SIU,

I don't know much about Argo but ACC had a decent year. If what I hear about all the trouble at SF is true than I don't know if these games will be as good as they could have been if the program was in good shape.

cap,

The assistant AD at West is Pete Mastendrea and he and Andriano are really good friends. I would say this game is possible if those guys place a phone call.

Mastendrea's kid played for Andriano in the late 90s.

I will check to see which way they are leaning...old rival or cross town bragging rights. I would love to see these guys hook up.

I will check to see which way they are leaning...old rival or cross town bragging rights. I would love to see these guys hook up.
GW vs WWS goes back almost 100 years. Since the Hitters only get 1 non conference game a year that should be vs the Tigers. With the new 1-32 seeding and GW occasionally being an 8A school they get plenty of chances to face new blood.

Reactions: ClownBaby
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT