ADVERTISEMENT

Any Idea on Non-Conference Games Next Year?

GW vs WWS goes back almost 100 years. Since the Hitters only get 1 non conference game a year that should be vs the Tigers. With the new 1-32 seeding and GW occasionally being an 8A school they get plenty of chances to face new blood.

And you were at that game in 2013 with all those kids screaming and pointing in your wife's face while exiting through that gauntlet?

There has been plenty of incidents between the two schools over the years. The series was stopped a few times due to off the field incidents. I remember one year the tiger paw was burnt into the center of duchon field. It all adds to the rivalry. Should that kind of stuff happen to women in the stands; definitely not. But what do you expect from modern day Wheaton now that it allows alcohol and dancing

This seems easier than it's made out here. Aren't all the openings posted somewhere? Pretty sure I've heard that before here.

Saint Francis
Week 1 @ Argo
Week 2 vs Aurora Central Catholic

Herd through the grapevine that St Francis Broke their contracts with St Viator and Geneva to get those two games......That is not a good sign for the integrity of the new coach!

Herd through the grapevine that St Francis Broke their contracts with St Viator and Geneva to get those two games......That is not a good sign for the integrity of the new coach!

BigGroff,

I haven't heard this but I do believe you. The SF program is headed for trouble. I keep hearing rumors that a new coach is joining the staff, but another guy may leave. If that is true than it will hurt the program that much more.

We will see if it will be a second consecutive fall for none of the 3 LW schools having to play any of the other two during the regular season.

The schedule that I saw has LWW playing LWC but not LWE

It also has LWW only playing one non-con game which is Proviso West. They need to get out of that contract as it will hurt them come playoff time once again.

The LWE schedule has them playing LWC. It also shows them with a non-con against Crete-Monee which should be a good game. LWE still has one opening for a non-con game.

Can't find a LWC schedule yet.

Still waiting for the shoe to drop on week 1 for GW.

'17 WSG cross over is the dreaded Proviso East. Add that to permanent WSG cross over AT and GW is desperate for real game before the LT-HC-OPRF gauntlet.

I would love to see more LA vs GBW in the future whether through non-con or playoff games.

Reactions: ignazio
I would love to see more LA vs GBW in the future whether through non-con or playoff games.

We might need a class with a little more beef up front to keep these competitive. Pretty sure beef is on the way the next few years with a large set of Frosh and Sophs coming up.

It also has LWW only playing one non-con game which is Proviso West. They need to get out of that contract as it will hurt them come playoff time once again.

The LWE schedule has them playing LWC. It also shows them with a non-con against Crete-Monee which should be a good game. LWE still has one opening for a non-con game.

Where were you able to see the schedule? Please and thank you.

Where were you able to see the schedule? Please and thank you.

If you go to www.athletics2000.com you can pick your school. Once you have the school, you select the Athletics tab and when the menu drop down shows, select Football. When the Football page comes up, select Schedule and Results. You will see the 2016-2017 page when it first pops up, but go the Season drop down and click to 2017-2018.

Rinse and repeat for any school.

LWE sched for next year is here:
http://il.8to18.com/lwe/schedule/football/b/v/2017-2018

Last edited:
If you go to www.athelitics200.com you can pick your school

Where were you able to see the
schedule? Please and thank you.

Cap,

I think your link is bad as you spelled athletics wrong. This will work (once spelled correctly) or you can type in the individual school you are looking for on the 8to18 website and go to the football site, click schedule and do the same thing. The Athletics 2000 site is easier if you have multiple schools to view. 8 to 18 fine if you are looking at an individual school.

If you go to www.athletics2000.com you can pick your school. Once you have the school, you select the Athletics tab and when the menu drop down shows, select Football. When the Football page comes up, select Schedule and Results. You will see the 2016-2017 page when it first pops up, but go the Season drop down and click to 2017-2018.

Rinse and repeat for any school.

LWE sched for next year is here:
http://il.8to18.com/lwe/schedule/football/b/v/2017-2018
Thank you sir!!

Reactions: capnbillhitters
Cap,

I think your link is bad as you spelled athletics wrong. This will work (once spelled correctly) or you can type in the individual school you are looking for on the 8to18 website and go to the football site, click schedule and do the same thing. The Athletics 2000 site is easier if you have multiple schools to view. 8 to 18 fine if you are looking at an individual school.

Yep...Thanks. Caught and fixed. Cheers!

I've said this many times on here. that won't be Naz schedule. See the asterisks next to weeks 1 and 2. Naz has reached out to Montini things have stalled, I heard MCHS wants to sign Morgan Park instead. I can also tell you Naz reached out to 3 other teams. 1 said no and 2 other no replies. From what I understand the coaching staff has taken it out of the AD's hands and trying to stop playing CPS schools.

One must wonder if these match-ups between the LW schools are elective non-conference match-ups or part of the "buckshot" scheduling in the SWSC.

One must wonder if these match-ups between the LW schools are elective non-conference match-ups or part of the "buckshot" scheduling in the SWSC.

Good question. You would think a conference with this many teams could schedule an even amount of Conference Games for each team. Last year LWW had 6 Conference games. Next year they have 8. Is it really fair at the end of the year that teams play a different amount of Conference games? Of course, is it fair that a team like Bolingbrook gets LWE, HF, Lockport, LWC and Bradley while LWW plays Stagg, Andrew, Thornridge and Sandburg last year coming of a State Playoff run? The SWSC needs to go back to two divisions or devise a fairer system because right now it does seem to take the "buckshot" approach.

Note: Would like to see LWE vs LWW. LWE probably wins big but could take the place of the great rivalry LWW had with LWN.

Nap C hosts Ohio St Ed week 6 on a Sat at 1

Year 2 of the Home and Away agreement!! I'm going to have to head over to downtown NaperTucky on that Saturday afternoon and watch this one! I think NC going to be pretty good next year and I hear a QB might be transferring in for next year.

BigGroff,

I haven't heard this but I do believe you. The SF program is headed for trouble. I keep hearing rumors that a new coach is joining the staff, but another guy may leave. If that is true than it will hurt the program that much more.

You are correct.....a new coach is joining the varsity and two well established long time lower level coaches are leaving

You are correct.....a new coach is joining the varsity and two well established long time lower level coaches are leaving

BigGroff,

Now I'm hearing it won't happen but not sure if the two will come back.

If the two don't come back it will be a BIG problem for the freshman team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT