ADVERTISEMENT

Any Idea on Non-Conference Games Next Year?

Bones
You are going to have to refresh my memory. It was my belief, and it is entirely possible that I am wrong, that the first time Montini played JCA was in the 2010 title game (at least subsequent to 1994). Montini played the 2011 opener at JCA where Montini lost in a non-conf game, and played later that year in the title game.

Like most everyone I would like to see Montini play Naz, at the same time I don't know if getting a play by play as to who is not answering the phone, and the statement that Montini wants to play Morgan Park rather than Naz is the way to go about it. (Once again I am speculating and could be wrong but I don't think Morgan Park is on Montini's radar for a non-conf game.)
That came directly from a MCHS staff member although my guess is that was a chance at a Soldier Field Game. Looks like they may stay with MS now.

Last edited:
Should be an interesting match up!!! And I think the CCL Green team approached Naz.

Should be an interesting match up!!! And I think the CCL Green team approached Naz.
I think so, I also think they're going to be a surprise team next year. If Naz is already penciling in a win they're gonna be sadly mistaken.

I think so, I also think they're going to be a surprise team next year. If Naz is already penciling in a win they're gonna be sadly mistaken.
Yep. Now to figure out if we are open or not week 1. There's conflicting reports.

I agree, a lot returning for that certain Green Team. They need more playoff points on that schedule.

I agree, a lot returning for that certain Green Team. They need more playoff points on that schedule.
Naz should improve that. Still playing the same week 1 team? I think that team will be better too which would help. I'm very intrigued by this game.

Bones
You are going to have to refresh my memory. It was my belief, and it is entirely possible that I am wrong, that the first time Montini played JCA was in the 2010 title game (at least subsequent to 1994). Montini played the 2011 opener at JCA where Montini lost in a non-conf game, and played later that year in the title game.

Like most everyone I would like to see Montini play Naz, at the same time I don't know if getting a play by play as to who is not answering the phone, and the statement that Montini wants to play Morgan Park rather than Naz is the way to go about it. (Once again I am speculating and could be wrong but I don't think Morgan Park is on Montini's radar for a non-conf game.)

First few times Montini played JC were in '09 5A title game, in the 2010 opener (Montini went on to win 5A final but not vs JC who got beat on fake punt in Q's) - In 2011 Montini beat them 70-45 in 5A final.

First few times Montini played JC were in '09 5A title game, in the 2010 opener (Montini went on to win 5A final but not vs JC who got beat on fake punt in Q's) - In 2011 Montini beat them 70-45 in 5A final.

They had a few other big playoff matchups if my memory serves correct. A quarter finals and a semi sprinkled somewhere in that Montini run from '09-15.

Godfthr,

The Montini silence today is almost surreal after the Maine South/GBW announcement a bit ago. So now that Montini has no Maine South Conflict will Morgan Park play out or will they take the Naz game?
I'm so confused about Naz's week 1 as well as the motives of the Naz guys here.

TPF,

I think that the DLS game is week 2. I also believe that week1 is in limbo because both Naz and Dunbar are willing to end the deal if better options exist.

As I was a Naz guy, I will say what my personal motive is/was. I thought that the team could play better opponents when we were there, I am also aware that there were several attempts to schedule better opponents and those were either denied or had rediculous demands placed on them like "we will play, but you will play us at Gately and also pay us several Thousand dollars". The point is Naz came out after a not so stellar year and are trying to schedule good opponents among those Montini, whose fan base has been highly critical of Naz over the past several years for intentionally scheduling "cream puffs". Balls back in their court with MS cancelling their week one match up.

I'm so confused about Naz's week 1 as well as the motives of the Naz guys here.

Godfthr,

The Montini silence today is almost surreal after the Maine South/GBW announcement a bit ago. So now that Montini has no Maine South Conflict will Morgan Park play out or will they take the Naz game?

There's a press conference scheduled for 4 pm ct

Reactions: mchsalumni
There's a press conference scheduled for 4 pm ct
tumblr_inline_mj7wifEnQL1r82dpg.gif

The point is Naz came out after a not so stellar year and are trying to schedule good opponents among those Montini, whose fan base has been highly critical of Naz over the past several years for intentionally scheduling "cream puffs". Balls back in their court with MS cancelling their week one match up.

So you're saying that Montini is now acting like Naz has for the last 50 years because they are non-responsive? I want the game too, but not sure of the motive to not accept/respond. If they are looking at MoPo, maybe it's a shot to play at SF on a showcase weekend?

MCHS,

Considering Naz has only been playing Football for about 30years you might be exaggerating a bit. Didn't say Montini was nonresponsive they said Thanks, no Thanks we'll play MS or Morgan Park. Naz has proposed this game more than just this season as well.

So you're saying that Montini is now acting like Naz has for the last 50 years because they are non-responsive? I want the game too, but not sure of the motive to not accept/respond. If they are looking at MoPo, maybe it's a shot to play at SF on a showcase weekend?

And how is all of this MB lobbying even relevant? We've been told, in the past, that even Naz' multiple-state-winning coach has no input in the football schedule. It's all the Naz AD. Has this all-powerful AD now farmed out the scheduling function to godfthr53?

PJJP,

I will forgive your ignorance because it's all you have. Facts are the AD was the one scheduling in the past but he is taking input now. Godfthr is presenting facts and has a direct line of contact.

And how is all of this MB lobbying even relevant? We've been told, in the past, that even Naz' multiple-state-winning coach has no input in the football schedule. It's all the Naz AD. Has this all-powerful AD now farmed out the scheduling function to godfthr53?

Naz has proposed this game more than just this season as well.

Now this is news!!!! For the last several years we have been told by GF that the Naz AD has scheduled non-conf games with CPL teams in a misguided attempt to help Naz. We now find out, for the first time ever, that Naz, prior to this year, has wanted to upgrade its schedule by playing Montini, to no avail.

After hearing Jwar's breaking news, It is apparent that it is solely Montini's fault that Naz has had a weak Non-Con schedule.

Reactions: mchsalumni and pjjp
After hearing Jwar's breaking news, It is apparent that it is solely Montini's fault that Naz has had a weak Non-Con schedule.
I'd call it revisionist history, but since it's coming from Jwar, it's more of a Jwarian reality (aka...delusional).

Reactions: TPF523
PJJP,

I will forgive your ignorance because it's all you have. Facts are the AD was the one scheduling in the past but he is taking input now. Godfthr is presenting facts and has a direct line of contact.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but would be interested to hear what facts can be presented around this?

Message board fodder or something empirical?

PJJP,

Nothing delusional or revisionist about it, Naz on a singular occasion proposed a game, it didn't happen then. Regarding this year Bu flat out refused the game in favor of playing MS, or if they cancelled likely Morgan Park.

I'd call it revisionist history, but since it's coming from Jwar, it's more of a Jwarian reality (aka...delusional).

Bronco,

It is NOT Montini's fault at all that Naz's schedule was less than it should have been. However, it wasn't the coaching staffs fault either. There was one occasion the Montini game was proposed and didn't happen, I don't know the reason. There were attempts to upgrade the 2015 schedule with A prominent team in the CPS that demanded the game at Gately and a payout of Thousands of dollars in addition so the games with Dunbar and Leo were scheduled. As for this year When Montini finally responded they refused the game while posting on the board that they needed a week one game. It's now confirmed that MS is playing GBW week one so who has Montini scheduled?

Now this is news!!!! For the last several years we have been told by GF that the Naz AD has scheduled non-conf games with CPL teams in a misguided attempt to help Naz. We now find out, for the first time ever, that Naz, prior to this year, has wanted to upgrade its schedule by playing Montini, to no avail.

Was Brother Rice and Mount Carmel on the MCHS schedule this year due to luck of the CCL draw or was one of those technically a "non-con" game?

That's what I said last week. Must be part of the soldier field games.

I have no dog in this fight but I think Bronco has proven with it's noncon schedule over the years they don't duck anyone ....just saying.

Agreed 100%! Even if they chose not to play Naz for whatever reason they absolutely deserve the benefit of the doubt. Naz not so much but props to them for taking matters into their own hands and beefing up schedule.

Agreed 100%! Even if they chose not to play Naz for whatever reason they absolutely deserve the benefit of the doubt. Naz not so much but props to them for taking matters into their own hands and beefing up schedule.
I agree. Even if its true that the Dunbar game was always under a 2 year contract. I would bet that come 2018 schedule no CPS schools will be present.

Reactions: bronco man
Morgan Park told us they were not settling on Non Con Games until they hired a head coach. But that was two weeks ago so...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT