ADVERTISEMENT

Your teams Summer Schedule

colin2229

Jul 23, 2005
How does your team handle the summer?

Ive seen teams practice 2/3x weekly all
Summer and some lift all summer and do a two week camp in the summer.

I think I like the go hard for two weeks in the summer w football activities and the rest of the summer to enjoy. Lifting 3/4x a week and open field time w no coaches as well.

Reactions: Anomalyout28
We have done Monday through Thursday - 3 weeks in June, 2 weeks in July - for years. Always mornings. Lift, then film, then practice. We probably do more than others during the summer, which I used to think was an advantage. Over time, I'm coming around more to the approach above - emphasize lifting and running, less field work. More of a "college approach" to the summer.

Downside to doing so much over the summer (especially intense practices in July) is that the back half of the season can start feel like weeks 10-13 instead of 6-9, especially if things start going south.

Reactions: colin2229
3 days a week for 3 weeks in June (M-W) with "voluntary" lifting on Thursdays. 4 days a week for 3 weeks in July (M-Th). Only one Saturday all summer. Done by 10:30 am everyday with the exception of 1 afternoon 7v7.

Never been part of a program that did not use all or most of the 25 in some form or fashion. Most of the coaches who claim they do not conveniently leave out the lifting only days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT