ADVERTISEMENT

Your Must See Game for 2023?

You know, Riverside-Brookfield rolling into Kankakee, Crete-Monee, Thornwood and Rich Township for their AWAY games in the Southland Conference for this season only might be worth the price of admission.

PC vs JC week 2. Always a big affair when these two clash and it always feels bigger when it’s early in the season.

Huge game for the Hilltoppers as it is early in their gauntlet of a schedule. Close to a must win.

Game still means a lot to the Celtics as a rivalry game, but they have a much lighter schedule the rest of the way, so it is not at all a must win for them.

Going to be fun and telling for both squads. We should know if either or both will be 5A/6A contenders after week 2.

Reactions: stl705
Reactions: JCHillmen and pjjp
“Gauntlet “, really?
You don’t think their first two thirds of the season is a tough schedule?

I know nothing about Iowa city but for argument let’s give the Hilltoppers the benefit of the doubt and say they’re clearly favored in that one (again, no real idea). That leaves a total of 1 out of their first 6 where they are a clear favorite.

Maybe if ND is down they are slightly favored there.

But then SF, PC, Rita, and Marist are all toss ups at best and I would assume the Hilltoppers will be underdogs in at least 2 or 3 of those games.

I believe the 2023 Hilltoppers will be good and up to the challenge as there is lots of talent. But everything from 1-5 to 4-2 seems on the table to start the season with maybe some rose colored glasses helping me see 5-1. I believe 5 slobberknockers in a row would qualify as a gauntlet regardless of who enters as the favorite.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silver Rain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT