ADVERTISEMENT

Your Best Three Sport School

A few years ago this might have been easier because you had significantly more 3-sport guys. Now, its a rarity.

Lincoln Way East
Stevenson
Naperville Central
Mt Carmel
St Rita
Edwardsville
St. Charles North
Cary Grove
Huntley

Those are the ones I think of when you talk about the programs who of late have been most consistent in 3 sports. Each have their up and down years but in the past say 5 years those are the ones that deserve the praise as they have been consistent in a majority of sports.
In know it's not the 3 sports we've been discussing, but LWE cheerleading just might be the most dominant program at that school. If you're going back 5 years, I'd put Plainfield North in with that group and as mentioned previously Neuqua Valley.

MC has been very good at football and baseball (and wrestling) but the run in basketball has been rough. I always wondered if basketball players felt overshadowed by the success of other sports at the school.
From what I remember in watching MC in basketball was, they played the game much like they play football. Which could be said about a lot of the privates.

In know it's not the 3 sports we've been discussing, but LWE cheerleading just might be the most dominant program at that school. If you're going back 5 years, I'd put Plainfield North in with that group and as mentioned previously Neuqua Valley.

I'm pretty sure the cheerleaders could beat the basketball team most years at LWE.

Should we consider st Charles North? Went to state in football last year basketball is always competitive and baseball won state - and has won back to back swimming state titles
No, and they didn't win state last year in baseball, their diving team did..

in the 1990's and early 2000/s Providence was all football and wrestling.
Huge drop off in both. Whatever they were doing then was a winning formula.

Hmmm...
Coal City...Football Semis. Wrestling 2nd. Hoops Regional title. Baseball dropped to 2A after a 3A Regional final last year...

Lena-Winslow...Football champs...Hoops Regional title...Wrestling regional 2nd to champ Dakota...Baseball?

Mowequa Central...Football 2nd, Hoops Regional title...Baseball? No wrestling...

Sterling Newman...Football title, Regional Hoops title, Baseball? Regional champs last year

Coalers and Lena lost first sectional hoops game.

Mowequa marches to 1A sectional hoops final...

How about 2A football & hoops?

Decatur St. Theresa, 1 seed in hoops half sectional, upset in regional final...lost football semis to Nashville.

Nashville, 2A football runner up, in 2A sectional hoops final...also beat Bismark-Henning in football playoffs, B-H in 2A sectional hoops final...

Murphysboro, 4A football runner-up, won tonight to take on Nashville Friday in sectional hoops final...

Oh, and Sterling Newman rematches with Minonk Fieldcrest in the 2A hoops sectional final after meeting in the 2A football semis...

Aurora Christian

Super Sectional Basketball Program

Baseball won state in 2018 and third place 2019

Football has been a state title champion. Has taken a step back as of late

wrestling may be most impressive. Started 5 years ago and is a 1A title to show. Bumped up to 2A now and lost to Lemont in the semi’s. Not bad for a school w 130 boys.

Girls hoops also finished top 4 this year

Baseball and basketball are non contact sports so let's remove those.

If you go with contact sports like football, wrestling and basketball is a girls sport since contact is a foul.

With those 3 sports Montini has 26 state championships.

Baseball and basketball are non contact sports so let's remove those.

If you go with contact sports like football, wrestling and basketball is a girls sport since contact is a foul.

With those 3 sports Montini has 26 state championships.
If you really think basketball is non-contact, you never played the game. No, contact is not always a foul. I am wondering if you have ever watched a game. And no, we are not removing them. Follow directions and rules, or just start your own thread.

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
If you really think basketball is non-contact, you never played the game. No, contact is not always a foul. I am wondering if you have ever watched a game. And no, we are not removing them. Follow directions and rules, or just start your own thread.

Give me a break. You can't even hand check anymore. The three point line made the game even more finesse than it already was before that. I played in Jr high and the sport is not physical at all. However I will agree they are the best athletes in sports.

The only physical NBA team I saw from the mid 80s on was the Bill Lambeer Detroit Pistons.

I have to tell you it's a girls sport. Real men in the winter are wrestling!

Physical sports are football, wrestling and hockey.

Last edited:
Reactions: ignazio
Give me a break. You can't even hand check anymore. The three point line made the game even more finesse than it already was before that. I played in Jr high and the sport is not physical at all. However I will agree they are the best athletes in sports.

The only physical NBA team I saw from the mid 80s on was the Bill Lambeer Detroit Pistons.

Real men!? Good one

I guess you slept through the 90’s when the Bulls played the Knicks. Let’s be honest nobody cares about wrestling that’s why it’s a fringe sport.

Reactions: Coach Percy
I guess you slept through the 90’s when the Bulls played the Knicks.

Yes the Ewing, Oakley and I think Mahorn Knicks were physical too.

Today's game is about if you don't have a uncontested layup throw it out and swing it around for and open 3 and shooting uncontested free throws. The game is terrible and no physicality what so ever.

Yes the Ewing, Oakley and I think Mahorn Knicks were physical too.

Today's game is about if you don't have a uncontested layup throw it out and swing it around for and open 3 and shooting uncontested free throws. The game is terrible and no physicality what so ever.

Lol
Spoken by a true basketball fan.
Go Lakers!!! Nice to see them put one on the Bucks then follow it up with the Clippers. Heck that little LeBron the 265 pound softie. LMAO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT