ADVERTISEMENT

You can call all three players POY

capnbillhitters

Gold Member
May 18, 2015
After watching film all week of Lees, I had a bad feeling. Such a play maker and just seemed unstoppable. Lord knows we couldn't really stop him as he put more points on our first team than anyone all year.

I didn't get a chance to see JLove but his 10 minute highlight reel is jaw dropping.

As for Brods, the kid just willed GW to victory, again and again. I said in an earlier thread that if I had the ball with 5 minutes protecting a 7 point lead, I would take Brods as my man. So tonight with 6:33 and protecting a 6 point lead, he did it again. Three first downs to put it on ice.

The numbers for the year are staggering. 47 TDs good for 6th all time. 1,900 yards rushing when he was the focus of every team. Great kid from an amazing family. His brother was the heart and soul of the 2012 champs. For anyone that remembers the GW LZ semis in 2012, Jake Brods was the olineman that chased down the LZ guy after he took a fumble 85 yards. GW held LZ to a FG. Jake willed that 2012 victory and is now at Duke. Sam heads to Vandy and we all hope success.

Great year for all the kids. Glad I got to meet the Lees family to know that Riley comes from top shelf stock. Cheers to Libertyville. Cheers to the Love family. Great season boys.

Last edited:
Reactions: cowboyswag
Brodner gets my vote. In the mud against MC....in the snow against CG.....and now on a fast track at NIU....he couldn't be stopped. I'm not sure you could say that about any other player. All the false start penalties didn't seem to matter tonight. Libertyville couldn't stop him, when it mattered most. Led his team to an undefeated state championship. None of the other candidates can say that. POY = Sam Brodner.

it was a season long resume, if you look at each game, each player had the type of season they needed in order for their teams to reach their highest potential. So I viewed it's basically neck and neck slight adv. going to love/brodner. So my deciding factor was going to be who was the best at state? what better way to evaluate players side by than seeing them perform in the most criticial moments of their teams careers? The thing was, all 3 played great enough to give their team a chance to win. Love with like an 85 walter payton super bowl presence, in which LWW would not let Love beat them and then that opens it up for Ivory. Then Lees was terrific, if Lville stops GW just once down the field I think we have a different state champ.

But my vote goes to Brodner. It's pretty BA when they hand the ball off to you on consistent 3 and 10s. And you get the first downstep consistently.

Reactions: capnbillhitters
My Vote still is With Lees. Without Lees, I'm not sure Libertyville Makes the playoffs. GW would have been 10-3 without Brodner and Naz with IKM (that 96 yard TD run,...) might still have won 5A.

I waited until the Lib GW game to make up my mind. I've made up my mind: Brod the Bod.

He was the difference in the biggest game of his career. Hats off to the kid.

My Vote still is With Lees. Without Lees, I'm not sure Libertyville Makes the playoffs. GW would have been 10-3 without Brodner and Naz with IKM (that 96 yard TD run,...) might still have won 5A.

Don't disagree, but I still can't give it to Brodner game came to that 4/3rd down play and everyone knew he was getting the ball, he got it and won the game. But I think Lees work with less than everyone, minus Lees, LVILLE personal on both sides isn't as good as Montini, naz. Seamed kinda of average, besides at the QB and systematic coaching.

Hands down sam brodner! Kept up with him during the season this year and he was part of the reason I attended the games this saturday. I think no question you have to give it to Brodner he was just as good and even better on saturday. Lees is a great player and will do well at the next level but when it comes down to it Brodner is one of best most fun high school players to watch

I will say this much: Libertyville doesn't always have a lot of talent. When they have had talent they won state and finished 2nd in state with those programs. I think their coaching staff deserves credit for that.

Brodner, Love, Skanes, & Lees are the top four candidates for P.O.Y and should be unanimous on everyones All-State team too!!!!! Their teams would not have went to state without them (maybe Naz would've).

Brodner, Love, Skanes, & Lees are the top four candidates for P.O.Y and should be unanimous on everyones All-State team too!!!!! Their teams would not have went to state without them (maybe Naz would've).
Don't think Nazareth wins state without Love. They probably still beat LWW, but probably don't get past JCA. Even with Love that's a toss up matchup.

Reactions: dtlove3434
Marilyn Monroe, Cindy Crawford, Tyra Banks.
Who was hottest?

Above a certain level, there is no right answer...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT