ADVERTISEMENT

You came to Carmel as a girl ...

I have never spoken against Mt Carmel going co-ed. I think it's a great idea.

I know that some of you enjoy twisting my comments on various subjects, but this is an outright falsehood.

Clown, I had thought more highly of you than this.
Going Coed is fine but they will instantly become “less sophisticated” in football as the move down to 5A, it’s sad that they will never be able to include their future state titles under their list of accomplishments. Enjoy ripping on schools that win titles in smaller classes while you can since in a few years you will be just like them.

Going Coed is fine but they will instantly become “less sophisticated” in football as the move down to 5A, it’s sad that they will never be able to include their future state titles under their list of accomplishments. Enjoy ripping on schools that win titles in smaller classes while you can since in a few years you will be just like them.
Touche!

I’m against this, and I say the amount of gals we would get to attend won’t be worth the cost of construction and hiring needed. We don’t have the room Marist did. Or Laurence situation with Queen of Peace shutting down, or JC moving from their building to merge...let’s be honest, we’re in Woodlawn, up and coming or not, it’s not going to be a draw for females.... but I will say this, a lot of the alums complaining on social media are the same ones who claimed to write off MC when Lenti was replaced yet still show up to every game and event...and I’m betting many are the same ones who toss their donation letters in the trash.

I’m against this, and I say the amount of gals we would get to attend won’t be worth the cost of construction and hiring needed. We don’t have the room Marist did. Or Laurence situation with Queen of Peace shutting down, or JC moving from their building to merge...let’s be honest, we’re in Woodlawn, up and coming or not, it’s not going to be a draw for females.... but I will say this, a lot of the alums complaining on social media are the same ones who claimed to write off MC when Lenti was replaced yet still show up to every game and event...and I’m betting many are the same ones who toss their donation letters in the trash.
Are you against it solely because you don't think it will work? If it happens and it does work, would you still be against it? I respect your opinion, and your comments about the social media bashers are probably spot on.

I'm so far removed from the situation that I hesitate to chime in, but since you referenced donation letters, I will venture a guess that there are some pretty generous and/or potentially generous donors who have voiced their opinions in favor of coeducation to the right people at MC. If that isn't the case, then this is an extremely bold move on behalf of the school leadership.

Last edited:
Reactions: MC2023 and Gene K.
Are you against it solely because you don't think it will work? If it happens and it does work, would you still be against it? I respect your opinion, and your comments about the social media bashers are probably spot on.

I'm so far removed from the situation that I hesitate to chime in, but since you referenced donation letters, I will venture a guess that there are some pretty generous and/or potentially generous donors who have voiced their opinions in favor of coeducation. If that isn't the case, then this is an extremely bold move on behalf of the school leadership.
I’m going to wait to really dig into this until after I attend some of the alumni and open forums and hear them out, and then obviously August 10th should they announce they are actually going to do it. For now, I’m not going to give it much more thought then it’s always been a Brotherhood to myself and others. For purposes of this board, Will it change the football team? No, if we were reclassified I assume we would just petition up and with our history we would be granted that petition. JC, Marist, Loyola, Fenwick, Laurence, De La Salle and DePaul (formerly Gordon) all made the change, and for many I know it came with resistance, but I just don’t know if the juice will be worth the squeeze on Dante.

Reactions: Silver Rain
I’m going to wait to really dig into this until after I attend some of the alumni and open forums and hear them out, and then obviously August 10th should they announce they are actually going to do it. For now, I’m not going to give it much more thought then it’s always been a Brotherhood to myself and others. For purposes of this board, Will it change the football team? No, if we were reclassified I assume we would just petition up and with our history we would be granted that petition. JC, Marist, Loyola, Fenwick, Laurence, De La Salle and DePaul (formerly Gordon) all made the change, and for many I know it came with resistance, but I just don’t know if the juice will be worth the squeeze on Dante.
Fair enough. BTW, the brotherhood you refer to should not change for you and your fellow alumni. Of course it would change for future alumni, but MC becoming coed does not change what you had. It does not change your MC experience one iota.

Last edited:
I certainly doubt that.

I'm so far removed from the situation that I hesitate to chime in, but since you referenced donation letters, I will venture a guess that there are some pretty generous and/or potentially generous donors who have voiced their opinions in favor of coeducation to the right people at MC. If that isn't the case, then this is an extremely bold move on behalf of the school leadership.
You hesitate to chime in?

Reactions: MC2023
Wth are you talking about …. Mc will petition up and will be still playing ball in 7A or even 8A

I’m going to wait to really dig into this until after I attend some of the alumni and open forums and hear them out, and then obviously August 10th should they announce they are actually going to do it. For now, I’m not going to give it much more thought then it’s always been a Brotherhood to myself and others. For purposes of this board, Will it change the football team? No, if we were reclassified I assume we would just petition up and with our history we would be granted that petition. JC, Marist, Loyola, Fenwick, Laurence, De La Salle and DePaul (formerly Gordon) all made the

change, and for many I know it came with resistance, but I just don’t know if the juice will be worth the squeeze on Dante.
Yes, largest enrollment decline of the 3. From largest all-boys school in the country at 1 time to still feasible single sex option, that is not currently exploring attempting to lure girls to 64th & Dante. Your numbers are obviously cooked because every year you guys claim to test more than Rice yet you’ve never had more kids in the school. Sorry, but “Stand up & cheer Girls of Carmel….” Hopefully some of the girls can play football because we’ve kind of owned you guys of late, just sayin’.

Please dig into over the weekend MC CARAVAN and get back to us ASAP on what your decision may be. Dig deep and let us know if we can support this radical idea on wether boys and girls can attend school as one. Your approval of thisradical idea as we ponder the reversal of Roe/Wade means so much to all of us on the edgey board! Whatever you may decide has all of us on the edge of our seats.

Please bring us back to a day when Loyola and Ignatius and Marist and Gordon Tech decided to implement such radical ideas and change the purity of single gender education forever! I can’t wait to know if you support these radical ideas being brought forth from the leadership at MC. I’ll be on the edge of my seat waiting for your decision! Take a deep breath before your reveal. MC’s future depends on it.

The brilliance you display is astounding….. I hope the girls and future Alumnae can one day be as bright as the Clown. The countries future depends on it. Clown!

Yes, largest enrollment decline of the 3. From largest all-boys school in the country at 1 time to still feasible single sex option, that is not currently exploring attempting to lure girls to 64th & Dante. Your numbers are obviously cooked because every year you guys claim to test more than Rice yet you’ve never had more kids in the school. Sorry, but “Stand up & cheer Girls of Carmel….” Hopefully some of the girls can play football because we’ve kind of owned you guys of late, just sayin’.
Another pathetic comment from the envious little boy from BR. You own nothing as of late. MC owns the latest state championship. BR owns more envy of MC and that’s about all it owns. The assclowns at 99th and Pulaski couldn’t even win a title with the best 2 sport athlete in recent IHSA history. The only talking point is we beat MC. Pathetic.

Reactions: Silver Rain
Please dig into over the weekend MC CARAVAN and get back to us ASAP on what your decision may be. Dig deep and let us know if we can support this radical idea on wether boys and girls can attend school as one. Your approval of thisradical idea as we ponder the reversal of Roe/Wade means so much to all of us on the edgey board! Whatever you may decide has all of us on the edge of our seats.

Please bring us back to a day when Loyola and Ignatius and Marist and Gordon Tech decided to implement such radical ideas and change the purity of single gender education forever! I can’t wait to know if you support these radical ideas being brought forth from the leadership at MC. I’ll be on the edge of my seat waiting for your decision! Take a deep breath before your reveal. MC’s future depends on it.
Geez

Other schools were suffering drastic enrollment drops and the other schools were not specificly attributable to being boys only. MC prides itself on turning boys into men and Men of Carmel. Theirs is an identity unique to them now they stop that branding and identifying who they are. How do you walk back the single gender learning focus you promised? If in fact you believed it.

Marist became the first coed in that area and had no choice. They draw the suburban crowd and it succeeded. Laurence was losing students and their neighbor school closed so things aligned nicely. Saved both schools.
DLS similar to StL but not certain they are seeing the turn around and this may be the path MC ends on. The inner city is not the suburbs.

Iggy DePaul DLS Lab and other privates are moving up and are eating at the general area of MC. That has to be a concern.

The flip to co-ed obviously is to generate revenue. A school of 500 (estimated) is not small and shouldn't need the revenue shift but that is for them to analyze.

BR seems to have landed into a nice path. If new MM and BR administration work together that experience could be the most ideal......will they though?????

Rita is in a tough spot. They need to determine something.

Make no mistake. This move is decided upon by the religious order. If they view this as being the path it is done. As a professional business person I would guess this is done. Board, school Admin and Carmalites made their decision. Im sure big donors had a say. I don't think you put it out there as a maybe to decide upon.

Reactions: falconfish
Other schools were suffering drastic enrollment drops and the other schools were not specificly attributable to being boys only. MC prides itself on turning boys into men and Men of Carmel. Theirs is an identity unique to them now they stop that branding and identifying who they are. How do you walk back the single gender learning focus you promised? If in fact you believed it.

Marist became the first coed in that area and had no choice. They draw the suburban crowd and it succeeded. Laurence was losing students and their neighbor school closed so things aligned nicely. Saved both schools.
DLS similar to StL but not certain they are seeing the turn around and this may be the path MC ends on. The inner city is not the suburbs.

Iggy DePaul DLS Lab and other privates are moving up and are eating at the general area of MC. That has to be a concern.

The flip to co-ed obviously is to generate revenue. A school of 500 (estimated) is not small and shouldn't need the revenue shift but that is for them to analyze.

BR seems to have landed into a nice path. If new MM and BR administration work together that experience could be the most ideal......will they though?????

Rita is in a tough spot. They need to determine something.

Make no mistake. This move is decided upon by the religious order. If they view this as being the path it is done. As a professional business person I would guess this is done. Board, school Admin and Carmalites made their decision. Im sure big donors had a say. I don't think you put it out there as a maybe to decide upon.
Queen of Peace closing was a lay up for Laurence to turn co-Ed. MC had almost 600. I’ll be at the meetings to hear what they have to say.

Queen of Peace closing was a lay up for Laurence to turn co-Ed. MC had almost 600. I’ll be at the meetings to hear what they have to say.
If you can't survive with 600 your model is flawed. The competition for bodies is what is hurting these schools. Too many were built for Boomer.

If you can't survive with 600 your model is flawed. The competition for bodies is what is hurting these schools. Too many were built for Boomer.
That’s what I’m going to find out because I don’t understand it unless they are looking down the road so they can get ahead of what it may come down too. I don’t believe they are in any financial hardship as of now.

In the current gender climate, I am shocked a binary choice (boy or girl) on a HS application even remains in place. Without that, how would the IHSA or a member school keep any needed gender counts, by the way?

You bring our test numbers versus actual numbers at least 3 times a year, I’ve explained it to you a couple times now that we often get a drop off in numbers. Yes Rice currently has about 60 more students then MC, your also located in area of surrounded by at least 15 large Catholic Parishes/Public grade schools, some within 3 blocks, you should be busting at the seems, or at least at 850/900 with the schools in your general area. MC is located in Woodlawn and has only 60 less then you. So I wouldn’t be pounding my chest about your current situation because if you don’t think BR is in trouble, especially with any possibility of going Co-Ed off the table with MM as your neighbor, then think again. Everyone is struggling. People can’t afford gas right now, tuitions are going to be on the bottom of a lot of peoples list.

Last edited:
You bring our test numbers versus actual numbers at least 3 times a year, I’ve explained it to you a couple times now that we often get a drop off in numbers. Yes Rice currently has about 60 more students then MC, your also located in area of surrounded by at least 15 large Catholic Parishes/Public grade schools, some within 3 blocks, you should be busting at the seems, or at least at 850/900 with the schools in your general area. MC is located in Woodlawn and has only 60 less then you. So I wouldn’t be pounding my chest about your current situation because if you don’t think BR is in trouble, especially with any possibility of going Co-Ed off the table with MM as your neighbor, then think again. Everyone is struggling. People can’t afford gas right now, tuitions are going to be on the bottom of a lot of peoples list.
Quit worrying about Brother Rice. What you quoted was written 2 days ago & apparently it’s still rattling around in your brain. We aren’t the ones sending emails about having to go co-Ed.

Reactions: Topiary
If these schools can't properly run at 500+ students the administration of them is broken. Maybe they are uncutting themselves and the few that can weather the storm will remain. The fact MC us doing this raise eyebrows if they are at 590.

Quit worrying about Brother Rice. What you quoted was written 2 days ago & apparently it’s still rattling around in your brain. We aren’t the ones sending emails about having to go co-Ed.
Missed your post the first time around. You want to be the pot or the kettle? I’ll stop worrying about BR when I stop reading your NUMEROUS posts busting on MC.

If these schools can't properly run at 500+ students the administration of them is broken. Maybe they are uncutting themselves and the few that can weather the storm will remain. The fact MC us doing this raise eyebrows if they are at 590.
Some have to give out more free tuitions to lure kids to the other side of town. 590 students doesn’t mean 590 tuitions…..

• Haha
Reactions: McCaravan
Some have to give out more free tuitions to lure kids to the other side of town. 590 students doesn’t mean 590 tuitions…..
You just told me to stop worrying about BR then you post this? You don’t think money is flowing freely to athletes at BR? Baseball very much included? Such a hypocrite. Talk about luring like your student body is all from the area, my ass.

Last edited:
I’ve been told that even if they begin lopping them off, they’ll still be averaging 1.65 times above Naperville.

Last edited:
Several posters have used the expression, "De La Salle Lab."

I've never heard of that and I couldn't find anything through Google.

Is this some separate branch of good old DLS? and how does it differ?

Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT