ADVERTISEMENT

Yorkville Foxes

3OrangeWhips

Oct 29, 2010
Outside of just looking at their schedule and results…has anyone seen them play this season?

Quick research reveals a very good dual-threat QB and some good size in their front 7.

It will be the first time the Crusaders will be playing on grass all season…

Last edited:
Ive seen them a few times. The Jr class if their strength. Both DEs played varsity in the spring, Gio Zemam is a load in the backfield. Lewis and Sworn, both Oswego transfers are talented with speed. DB, Kirsteen, also a soph starter and son of the Oswego OC is also talented. Took them a bit to gel, but the are peaking at the right time.

Ive seen them a few times. The Jr class if their strength. Both DEs played varsity in the spring, Gio Zemam is a load in the backfield. Lewis and Sworn, both Oswego transfers are talented with speed. DB, Kirsteen, also a soph starter and son of the Oswego OC is also talented. Took them a bit to gel, but the are peaking at the right time.
Thank you for the breakdown. You’re a gentleman and a scholar.

Saw them way back in week one. Rb duo of Lewis and Gio carried the load that day as they routed Romeoville. Qb wasn’t asked to do much that day and didn’t look comfortable passing in few chances he was asked. Romeoville rb broke a few big runs that day but yorkville front 7 dominated. I do think secondary will struggle against rice. Immediate thoughts say rice wins comfortably.

Saw them way back in week one. Rb duo of Lewis and Gio carried the load that day as they routed Romeoville. Qb wasn’t asked to do much that day and didn’t look comfortable passing in few chances he was asked. Romeoville rb broke a few big runs that day but yorkville front 7 dominated. I do think secondary will struggle against rice. Immediate thoughts say rice wins comfortably.
Watched a lot of their last game against Plainfield Central. OL looks big. Their LT is big too but Rice has some guys that can get past him. Didn’t seem very quick. Their QB could be a problem though with his feet. Rice will need to be better. I’m nervous about them traveling that far to play on grass

Reactions: crusaderpride
Watched a lot of their last game against Plainfield Central. OL looks big. Their LT is big too but Rice has some guys that can get past him. Didn’t seem very quick. Their QB could be a problem though with his feet. Rice will need to be better. I’m nervous about them traveling that far to play on grass
Practicing all week on the baseball field will have em more than ready. Don’t mind travel as could be good prep for potential trip to Batavia

Edgy just did a article on their D1 DE who had a Nebraska visit, it’s on the home page. Apparently he’s a Junior but looks like a Junior in college! 😀.

I think BR got their warning shot last weekend, forecast calls for clear skies so the grass shouldn’t be an issue, and the bus ride should be no issue at all, it’s not that far! They aren’t going to ESL or anything.

Rice to Yorkville isnt really that bad of a road trip, especially on a Saturday afternoon. Its an hour drive.

Reactions: 3OrangeWhips
Edgy just did a article on their D1 DE who had a Nebraska visit, it’s on the home page. Apparently he’s a Junior but looks like a Junior in college! 😀.

I think BR got their warning shot last weekend, forecast calls for clear skies so the grass shouldn’t be an issue, and the bus ride should be no issue at all, it’s not that far! They aren’t going to ESL or anything.
What about the sprinklers that someone likely forgot to turn off.

Reactions: McCaravan

Laurich's good and he's playing some OL now as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if I'm overthinking - if that's what you guys are getting at.

The kid Laurich does look enormous.

I think Yorkville at home on grass can be a problem for BR. Especially considering what BR just put on tape.

I agree with the warning shot, Rice will come ready to take care of business

I am going with BR 45, Yorkville 14. Yorkville has done a really nice job the past 2 weeks against Oswego and Plainfield, but Rice is simply on another level. Enjoy the small town atmosphere in Yorkville on Saturday afternoon. Its a proud town that backs their football team.
Very much looking forward to spectating at Yorkville. I actually prefer road games during the state playoffs to take in an environment I wouldn’t otherwise experience.

Very much looking forward to spectating at Yorkville. I actually prefer road games during the state playoffs to take in an environment I wouldn’t otherwise experience.
Make time for Crusade Burger or Bristol Tap, enjoy the small town feel. Proud town, history of tough football teams. Some really good players have stepped foot on that field over the last 25 years at YHS. Go Foxes, but I think this is a big undertaking. Foxes will come ready to play, trust that!

Last edited:
Make time for Crusade Burger or Bristol Tap, enjoy the small town feel. Proud town, history of tough football teams. Some really good players have stepped foot in that field over the last 25 years at YHS. Go Foxes, but I think this is a big undertaking. Foxes will come ready to play, trust that!
How could I pass up on the Crusade Burger!?

Make time for Crusade Burger or Bristol Tap, enjoy the small town feel. Proud town, history of tough football teams. Some really good players have stepped foot on that field over the last 25 years at YHS. Go Foxes, but I think this is a big undertaking. Foxes will come ready to play, trust that!
Crusade is good, but I have to go with old school Rowdy's across the street for a burger or cheeseburger.
Can't go wrong with either place.
Since we are on food, another option is Southbank Original Barbecue on the Fox River.

Still too many question marks with Rice to hand this one to Rice. You just don't feel confident when Rice has a lead against a solid team...even with a minute left in a game. Hopefully they'll reduce the turnovers, penalties and some questionable calls this week and win on all facets of the game.

If you go to Crusade Burger, budget hours into your plan. The service is...methodical.

I agree with the warning shot, Rice will come ready to take care of business
The warning shot? Brother Rice has a history of early exits. If I were a fan I would have more confidence beating Loyola than Yorkville. The more common the opponent for BR the better off they appear to be. Saturday they looked nothing like how I had seen them earlier. Defense gave up two huge plays and offense continually made mistakes. If not for a roughing the passer late (great call BTW) and a dropped pass the Badke era is over.

Reactions: USD24
I may have to take a ride out to Yorkville Sat afternoon. Not a bad drive from my neck of the woods. Yorkville is a cool town and I would like to see Rice play again, especially when I can root for them.

All 10 games thus far for the Foxes have been vs Southwest Prairie teams. Anyone recall a team previously playing all 9 regular season games and their round 1 playoff game vs inter-conference opponents?

It appears weeks 1 and 2 were technically non-cons, 3 and 4 were crossovers and 5-9 were divisional games.

Pretty sure this will be Yorkville’s first ever game vs a “CCL” team. Pretty cool.

Only in America. I mean IHSA.

The warning shot? Brother Rice has a history of early exits. If I were a fan I would have more confidence beating Loyola than Yorkville. The more common the opponent for BR the better off they appear to be. Saturday they looked nothing like how I had seen them earlier. Defense gave up two huge plays and offense continually made mistakes. If not for a roughing the passer late (great call BTW) and a dropped pass the Badke era is over.
I understand your point with the 2016 Round 1 Fremd loss at home. That was the very definition of an early exit.

But...
2015 at Palatine was a quarterfinal loss
2014 at Naperville Central was round 1 vs higher seed/8A defending champ

Yes - all 3 losses were disappointing but were different scenarios.

Let's not forget the very recent 2018 runner up and 2019 semi finals runs...

I think it is fair to say that this version of BR's team is in a (fill in the blank) or bust for these playoffs.

Reactions: ckclassof2000
I understand your point with the 2016 Round 1 Fremd loss at home. That was the very definition of an early exit.

But...

I think it is fair to say that this version of BR's team is in a (fill in the blank) or bust for these playoffs.
My point was more that BR is no position to overlook an opponent and the staff should need no wake up calls. They are 4 years removed from a horrific season. In 2019 they had a favorable draw that got them to semifinals. They are going to have to work every game this go round to advance.

That Palatine lose was something.

My point was more that BR is no position to overlook an opponent and the staff should need no wake up calls. They are 4 years removed from a horrific season. In 2019 they had a favorable draw that got them to semifinals. They are going to have to work every game this go round to advance.

That Palatine lose was something.
Agree on all.

But...

2014 Marcus Jones went down with a knee injury that obviously destroyed their offensive game plan, if they had him they may have beaten NC. They had a great team in 2014, I had kin on that team! They beat MC, LA and nearly knocked off Providence with Myles Boykin who won State that year. What hurt them was they played BR Michigan and some top Indiana team so instead of finishing 8-1, they went 6-3 and they got a tough first round draw.
2019 was an average team that got a very generous draw in the 8A playoffs for going in as a 5-4 team. Not that it was their doing, they just got a lucky side of the bracket.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3OrangeWhips
2014 Marcus Jones went down with a knee injury that obviously destroyed their offensive game plan, if they had him they may have beaten NC. They had a great team in 2014, I had kin on that team! They beat MC, LA and nearly knocked off Providence with Myles Boykin who won State that year. What hurt them was they played BR Michigan and some top Indiana team so instead of finishing 8-1, they went 6-3 and they got a tough first round draw.
2019 was an average team that got a very generous draw in the 8A playoffs for going in as a 5-4 team. Not that it was their doing, they just got a lucky side of the bracket,
…BR got a good draw in 2019. It happens some times. Good for the kids accomplishing a semi-final appearance…

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K. and dweise
Smooth. Gotta hand it to you, smooth! Sort of like being fortunate to pocket an away game vs Thornwood so that the #1 seed has to travel to you. Could’ve left it at BR got a good draw in 2019 and people would’ve understood your point. But you never miss a chance. I’m just not built that way.
Oh stop, wasn’t a dig, just a fact, wasn’t their doing either, just a fortunate draw. No teams have control of the draw. Sensitive today?

This post has been edited to protect the innocent

Last edited:
Funny, Refref made the same point two posts before yours without even mentioning anyone. Gotta get ahead of it and devalue a school or program’s run before it happens. Not sensitive. Funny. And impressive. I just don’t think like that
Now you two boys (@RockSoup @McCaravan) behave and meet me at the Crusader Burger Bar on Saturday afternoon. First round on MC. Second round on SR.

PS - I’ll only have 2 before the game. If BR wins then the post-game drops will be on me.

Now you two boys (@RockSoup @McCaravan) behave and meet me at the Crusader Burger Bar on Saturday afternoon. First round on MC. Second round on SR.

PS - I’ll only have 2 before the game. If BR wins then the post-game drops will be on me.
enjoying learning about a new area …all Crusaders and Foxes talk up in here.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT