ADVERTISEMENT

WWS 28. St Charles North 7

ClownBaby

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2006
Tigers end the North Stars season... Tigers had multiple big plays snd a TD called back. StN has no offense until they scored a late TD when down 28.

Tigers end the North Stars season... Tigers had multiple big plays snd a TD called back. StN has no offense until they scored a late TD when down 28.
Watched on Comcast, congrats to WWS. Strong program, looks to have rebounded and just like GBN I would not want to see WWS in first round. Despite being a SCE fan, it's disappointing to see SCN trail off after starting 4-1. I really thought this would be a closer game.

Nice job DuKane Conf: Batavia, SCE, GBN and WWS all playoff teams.

Last edited:
Watched on Comcast, congrats to WWS. Strong program, looks to have rebounded and just like GBN I would not want to see WWS in first round. Despite being a SCE fan, it's disappointing to see SCN trail off after starting 4-1. I really thought this would be a closer game.

Nice job DuKane Conf: SCE, GBN and WWS all playoff teams.
And Batavia

He got caught flat footed and took and shot to the knee from a falling running back, it didn't look good.
Saw it on HSL, and it looked awful. Feel bad for him, and I hope he’s ok. Just thought those at the game might know more.

Watched this one on TV. SCN is just not a disciplined football team. To go 4-5 with that level of talent is inexcusable.

One interesting thing and I’m assuming foreshadowing for the playoffs is WWS cut their line up down and played a lot of kids both ways, more then I can ever remember seeing.

Watched this one on TV. SCN is just not a disciplined football team. To go 4-5 with that level of talent is inexcusable.

What talent? They really don't have a game breaker on offense. # 1 is a nice player and # 8 is a good player. They have no speed on offense or defense. The QB play has been bad all year,

The teams that beat them are better football teams.

I agree they are not a disciplined football team, but they were over rated. Not much talent in my opinion compared to the league they play in.

Last edited:
What talent? They really don't have a game breaker on offense. # 1 is a nice player and # 8 is a good player. They have no speed on offense or defense. The QB play has been bad all year,

The teams that beat them are better football teams.

I agree they are not a disciplined football team, but they were over rated. Not much talent in my opinion compared to the league they play in.

Well we all heard in the off season they returned like 15 starters from a state runner up team so there should have been some talent. I think people under estimated how good Tyler Nubin was last year, without him they probably wouldn’t have made it out of the second round.

Reactions: McCaravan
Well we all heard in the off season they returned like 15 starters from a state runner up team so there should have been some talent. I think people under estimated how good Tyler Nubin was last year, without him they probably wouldn’t have made it out of the second round.

I think they returned 5 starters on offense and 4 on defense. So 15 would be high. I agree with you on Nubun, he was a great player.

The fact is the 5 teams that beat them were all better. The QB play has been bad all year and if you don't have a QB it is hard to win.

Reactions: Gene K.
No Nubin=No Bueno for SCN this year. A lot of hype for this program over the past few years, I thought they were potentially going to turn a corner and become a main stay in making deep playoff runs. We'll see how things develop next year as 2 straight playoff misses would probably ruin the thunder they got after last year. DuKane conference is no Upstate 8 that's for sure.

Congrats to Bat, GN, SCE, WWS. We'll see how the DuKane does post season in year 2.

NUBIN!!!!!! Sorry, MC fans still wake up in a cold sweat cursing his name!

Reactions: mchsalumni
Last years SCN team was more than just Nubin, he was a big part don't get me wrong but, they were more of complete team on both sides of the ball than what they're getting credit for..

I think they returned 5 starters on offense and 4 on defense. So 15 would be high. I agree with you on Nubun, he was a great player.

The fact is the 5 teams that beat them were all better. The QB play has been bad all year and if you don't have a QB it is hard to win.

The 5 teams that beat them were better teams, but werent more talents. Watched SCE/SCN and North was probably more talented and athletic at 17 or 16 of the starting 22 positions. Difference was discipline and execution. Not to the same extent, but watching the WWS game on TV, SCN still had more players.

QB play is clearly important and Brown took a step back, but they should have done better

Agreed they shouldn't have been preseason top 10, but they were probably the 2nd most talented team in DuKane and there is really no excuse for not making playoffs.

Last years SCN team was more than just Nubin, he was a big part don't get me wrong but, they were more of complete team on both sides of the ball than what they're getting credit for..

I've watched enough HS football to know that Nubin was a HUGE part of that team last year. It was a challenge to this year's coaching staff to see if they could duplicate the success without having one of the most athletic kids the Fox Valley has seen in a long time on their team. I applaud SCN for how well they did last year because it's not easy making it to the state championship game. All of this year's preseason hype, it looks like it was unwarranted.

I've watched enough HS football to know that Nubin was a HUGE part of that team last year. It was a challenge to this year's coaching staff to see if they could duplicate the success without having one of the most athletic kids the Fox Valley has seen in a long time on their team. I applaud SCN for how well they did last year because it's not easy making it to the state championship game. All of this year's preseason hype, it looks like it was unwarranted.
Doesn't Big mean the same as Huge? You've watched enough high school football so you know teams are over hyped every season.. The main thing I respect about SCN and fans as I didn't hear a lot of excuse making for their season, unlike some on these boards who talk up there teams then make excuses albeit youth, turnovers and or the refs ect...

Metea Valley 1-8 Win
Lockport 4-5 Win
Geneva 0-9 Win
SCE 7-2 Loss
Bat 7-2 Loss
WN 4-5 Win
LP 3-6 Win
GBN 6-3 Loss
SCN 4-5 Win
Harlem 7-2 ? Closed conference (Rockton Hononegah)

So looking at the 7A brackets, I can't help but think that of the Dukane teams, WWS actually has the best path to the semi-final game. Am I nuts?

So looking at the 7A brackets, I can't help but think that of the Dukane teams, WWS actually has the best path to the semi-final game. Am I nuts?

You are not nuts they got a really good draw but with this team they have the ability to not show up at any time. If they use the cut down line up with two way players like they did against StN they are going to be a really tough out.

You are not nuts they got a really good draw but with this team they have the ability to not show up at any time. If they use the cut down line up with two way players like they did against StN they are going to be a really tough out.

Any reason to think they won't?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT