ADVERTISEMENT

WWS (0 for the season)

North Sider

Sep 28, 2016
Has WWS ever gone winless in a full season? They could be in a world of hurt for the next 3 years as their FR class has maybe 3 impact players including a D1 kicker. We've seen this coming, you could tell watching the Wheaton Rams youth program which side of town the talent went to. WN has strong teams at all levels this season.

Has WWS ever gone winless in a full season? They could be in a world of hurt for the next 3 years as their FR class has maybe 3 impact players including a D1 kicker. We've seen this coming, you could tell watching the Wheaton Rams youth program which side of town the talent went to. WN has strong teams at all levels this season.

I'm not sure I would label my son a D1 kicker as a frosh in high school.

Welcome North Sider!

Not sure if WWS has ever gone winless... One of the WWS posters would have to answer that. But I will say there are 4 games left so it is pretty early to start the prognosistating on if they go "0 for".

They were competitive against NC and came storming back and lost in double overtime - and this tells me they have the ability to pick up a win or two over the next 4 weeks. I just hope it is not this week and they do it in week 7 or 8 or 9!!!!

Not sure if WWS has ever gone winless...

Never gone winless.

1992-93 5A Q 1 14 0 John Thorne
1993-94 5A Q 11 1 John Thorne
1994-95 6A Q 9 2 John Thorne
1995-96 6A Q 1 12 2 John Thorne
1996-97 6A Q 1 13 1 John Thorne
1997-98 6A Q 6 4 John Thorne
1998-99 6A Q 1 14 0 John Thorne
1999-00 6A Q 8 3 John Thorne
2000-01 6A Q 6 4 John Thorne
2001-02 8A Q 8 3 John Thorne
Coach Total 181 65 22 yr .736
2002-03 4 5 Ron Muhitch
2003-04 8A Q 8 4 Ron Muhitch
2004-05 8A Q 10 3 Ron Muhitch
2005-06 8A Q 12 1 Ron Muhitch
2006-07 8A Q 1 14 0 Ron Muhitch
2007-08 7A Q 2 13 1 Ron Muhitch
2008-09 7A Q 8 2 Ron Muhitch
2009-10 7A Q 1 13 1 Ron Muhitch
2010-11 7A Q 1 14 0 Ron Muhitch
2011-12 7A Q 2 10 4 Ron Muhitch
2012-13 4 5 Ron Muhitch
2013-14 7A Q 8 3 Ron Muhitch

But hey, they won the Red Grange Classic...
Doing well in 7 on 7's over the summer does mean something... your skill positions are looking good. Obviously there are other aspects in determining a good football team, notably line play. But in this era of spread offenses, a nice summer performance still is encouraging. Just know it is only one variable. BTW... the Tigers were 0-7 in 1934, that was their only winless season. MC63 was just a teenager back then.

Last edited:
Doing well in 7 on 7's over the summer does mean something... your skill positions are looking good. Obviously there are other aspects in determining a good football team, notably line play. But in this era of spread offenses, a nice summer performance still is encouraging. Just know it is only one variable. BTW... the Tigers were 0-7 in 1934, that was their only winless season. MC63 was just a teenager back then.

Wouldn't that be when they were Wheaton Central and before they split to WN and WWS?

Wouldn't that be when they were Wheaton Central and before they split to WN and WWS?

It was actually just Wheaton in 1934.

I am also one of those people who don't consider it the same school. Just because you use the same mascot and name the field after someone doesn't make it the same school. FYI, since you are new, this was argued incessantly about 8-10 years ago and has been ruled ineligible as a topic.

In 1934, there was only Wheaton Community High School.

The school district was split and Wheaton North opened in 1964 and became a member of the Tri-County Conference. At that time, Wheaton Community became Wheaton Central and continued to compete in the original Upstate 8 Conference. When the DuPage Valley was formed in 1975 both of these schools were charter members.

A THIRD high school, Wheaton Warrenville was opened in 1973 and the Wolverines competed in the Tri-County at that time. They also were charter members of the DuPage Valley. They were replaced by Glenbard East when Wheaton Warrenville closed as a high school in 1983. The high school building became a junior high until Wheaton Central was moved there and its name was changed to Wheaton Warrenville South in 1992.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
It was actually just Wheaton in 1934.

I am also one of those people who don't consider it the same school. Just because you use the same mascot and name the field after someone doesn't make it the same school. FYI, since you are new, this was argued incessantly about 8-10 years ago and has been ruled ineligible as a topic.

Geez - sorry! Dont want to open a can of worms.

Can we say Wheaton Warrenville South at their current school location and stadium has never gone winless since the opening of their current facility and related stadium in 1992?

The school district was split and Wheaton North opened in 1964 and became a member of the Tri-County Conference. At that time, Wheaton Community became Wheaton Central and continued to compete in the original Upstate 8 Conference. When the DuPage Valley was formed in 1975 both of these schools were charter members.

A THIRD high school, Wheaton Warrenville was opened in 1973 and the Wolverines competed in the Tri-County at that time. They also were charter members of the DuPage Valley. They were replaced by Glenbard East when Wheaton Warrenville closed as a high school in 1983. The high school building became a junior high until Wheaton Central was moved there and its name was changed to Wheaton Warrenville South in 1992.

Thanks LP coach!

I can now see why there was so much debate on the topic back in the day. Cases can be made for both sides of the topic.

I'm not sure I would label my son a D1 kicker as a frosh in high school.

The kicker certainly has a D1 leg, is he still injured from that freak accident in week 1. While I never saw it live, heard he was hitting 50-52 yarders FGs last season for the Wheaton Rams.

... and today the Wheaton Central building is a grocery store. Some folks swear that they have heard the ghost of Red Grange deciding from "paper" or "plastic" at the checkout. I went to NN in the 1970's and remember having the distinct honor of getting humiliated by all three schools... Wheaton North (76-0), Wheaton Central (35-0), and Wheaton Warrenville (40-0) in 1975.

... and today the Wheaton Central building is a grocery store. Some folks swear that they have heard the ghost of Red Grange deciding from "paper" or "plastic" at the checkout. I went to NN in the 1970's and remember having the distinct honor of getting humiliated by all three schools... Wheaton North (76-0), Wheaton Central (35-0), and Wheaton Warrenville (40-0) in 1975.

Ouch, that's quite a year for the Huskies!

Last week was a heartbreaker for WWS. But I believe they will find a way to win a game. I heard guys went both ways in 2nd half and that seemed to spark them.

I am a die hard Falcon. And yes the Falcons have strong teams on all (or most) levels but that hasn't / doesn't always translate to the varsity level.

Maybe more of the "better" youth kids are going to North, but that is demographics. Wheaton Rams team success is overrated. If Rams records were true indicators of future success, WN & WWS should be competing for DVC titles the past three years. Truth is we don't have quantity and quality of players (particularly linemen) of other DVC programs. I like the talent and future of WN football over the next three years, but we will have to work harder than the others to have success at the varsity level.

That original Wheaton Comm HS was a beautiful school....I'm from the NW burbs and don't get down there much, but when I went to a lax tournament at St Francis I thought I saw it was a Mariano's now?

I do think WWS will get a W somehow. Not sure on what that team from MN has but maybe WV/Metea?

Geez - sorry! Dont want to open a can of worms.

Can we say Wheaton Warrenville South at their current school location and stadium has never gone winless since the opening of their current facility and related stadium in 1992?

Yes we can, and should!

No need to be sorry, all good.

That original Wheaton Comm HS was a beautiful school....I'm from the NW burbs and don't get down there much, but when I went to a lax tournament at St Francis I thought I saw it was a Mariano's now?

Correct. Try the sushi.

Yes, it is a Mariano's

When the new Hubble Middle school opened near (in?) Warrenville, District 200 decided to sell the property. The school was demolished and Mariano's was constructed. The Wheaton Park District owns a part of the old building (field house?) and runs programs there.

My wife is a Central grad. She is amused that the field at WWS is called Red Grange Field since parts of the original field are now used as Park District playing fields. Part of the south end of the field may even be under the Mariano's parking lot.

The kicker certainly has a D1 leg, is he still injured from that freak accident in week 1. While I never saw it live, heard he was hitting 50-52 yarders FGs last season for the Wheaton Rams.

Confirmed on the 50 yarders in 8th grade.

WWS gets the monkey off their back and beats WV 39-32.

The Tigers play no defense what so ever but they can sure score on offense.

See the WWS handled WV tonight for their 1st victory. I guess there is still a chance of them going 1-8. At least, WWS wont make a playoff run this season and WN beat them already so we hold bragging rights.

Last edited:
See the WWS handled WV tonight for their 1st victory. I guess there is still a chance of them going 1-8. I'm a true north sider so I hate everything about WWS. WN should be better but when divorce/custody issues takes a really good player from WN to WWS it hurt. Given that the WN QB has absolutely zero time to throw it might not make a difference if the WWS playmaker stayed at WN. At least, WWS wont make a playoff run this season and WN beat them already so we hold bragging rights.

Please only be 16 years old

Did i hear correctly that WWS used their FR kicker tonight. if so, was it just for EXPs or did he attempt some FGs. Will be interesting to watch him develop into a great HS kicker.

See the WWS handled WV tonight for their 1st victory. I guess there is still a chance of them going 1-8. I'm a true north sider so I hate everything about WWS. WN should be better but when divorce/custody issues takes a really good player from WN to WWS it hurt. Given that the WN QB has absolutely zero time to throw it might not make a difference if the WWS playmaker stayed at WN. At least, WWS wont make a playoff run this season and WN beat them already so we hold bragging rights.

Try not to sound so bitter next time! I love how everyone at WN is so caught up in what goes at WWS instead of taking a hard look at their chronically underachieving program. I guess you guys can enjoy your bragging rights and moral victory while you sit at home during the playoffs just like the Tigers.

WV had their customary 2+ turnovers a game and once again couldn't stop the run and got run over and made the opposing team RB's look like NFL players.

Yes the WWS kicker had a strong leg. Not sure if he a Frosh or not. He hit two field goals. Good win for WWS

I can tell you this much - if WV doesn't bite the bullet, swallow some pride, and dump the two platoon mentality - they won't win another game this year. Right now there is only one guy playing both ways 100percent offense and maybe 50-60percent defense. If they don't do that with a couple more guys they are in for a long 3 games that remain on the season

Try not to sound so bitter next time! I love how everyone at WN is so caught up in what goes at WWS instead of taking a hard look at their chronically underachieving program. I guess you guys can enjoy your bragging rights and moral victory while you sit at home during the playoffs just like the Tigers.

Clown - Not everyone at WN is "so caught up in what goes on at WWS" or bitter.

Your point on WN underachieving at the varsity level .... Hard to argue against it. And if I gave reasons it would sound like excuses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT