ADVERTISEMENT

WSS wk8

kitty_bintingot

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2017
GOW: HC @ GW: All indicators suggest GW. But don't forget that HC has a Big 10 quarterback with a good o-line and good WRs, who's 5ish TDs away from breaking the HC all time single season scoring record. I think it'll be a game, and I can't will myself to pick against my own house: HC 28 GW 27

DGN @ LT: Watch out for DGN in 7A: DGN 31 LT 14

OPRF @ York: Do or die. I say the Dukes: OPRF 20 York 24

Pwest @ Peast: Pirates going to the playoffs. Congrats to them: West 14 East 35

Reactions: Gene K.
OPRF 13 York 14 and the Dukes play a game in week 10.

DGN 28 LT 7 and DGN has a lot to smile about.

PE 28 PW 7

GW 38 HC 14. A reminder to HC: dont kick deep.

Reactions: Magnum Opus
YORK 14 OPRF 10. I think OPRF is caught off guard

DGN 21 LT 10

PE 21 PW 0

HC 21 GBW 20 (not real confident about that, but...)

Kitty- Big 10 QB??? ...let's not get too ahead of ourselves...he may be playing well but that's quite an assertion...

GW v HC -Given what we have seen thus far this year there in not much to make me believe that HC wins or keeps the game within 14 pts.. GW has a very strong OL unit and the running backs are good and break tackles/run hard, if HC can stop the run and force GW to pass then we could have a game. GW defense could be suspect to give up a big play or two would not be surprised to see some passing TDs by HC

PW v PE - Nice story to see PE make the playoffs and get a win here over rival PW (for the first time in years) Let's not get too excited as the WSC Gold is very weak, none the less congrats to PE

York v OPRF - This will be a game that doesn't mean as much for OPRF as they let playoff aspirations slip through their grasp in last weeks 14-7 loss to DGN. While OPRF is probably the better team, York lays it on the line and picks up the victory and make the playoffs.

DGN v LT - Playoff hopes hang in the balance for an LT team that needs to put a quality victory on the board this year. Consistency on O will help them make this a close game as the D has played tough and kept them in most game this year. DGN would like to take care of business and ensure a playoff spot and not rely on a week 9 crosstown rivalry game against DGS to seal their fate.

York 27 - OPRF 14 (3rd week in a row I've picked York...maybe I'm the issue?)

GBW 35 - Big10 QB 7 (LOL)

PE 26 - PW 6

DGN 21 - LT 7

HC @ GW - QB1 might not be a Big10 player yet, but he’s definitely on his way IMO. GW OL is big and fast, but I think HC Defense will handle it better than any other team this year. Recent history between these two suggests this won’t be a blowout either way. 28 - 24 HC.

DGN @ LT - Hartman has to get a win here to give LT a chance, because it’ll be much more difficult next week. 28 - 17 LT

OPRF @ York - OPRF could be relishing the spoiler role, but more likely the team is trying to hurry up and finish the season. 35 - 7 (Edit: York. Don't know why I put OPRF)

PE @ PW - PW wants this one more. Knowing they’ll likely be clocked next week, they will shoot their shot. PE is already in, and looking to stay healthy into the playoffs. 21-7 PW.

Last edited:
GW by 14.

Is the general consensus that WSG is having a down year? I'm wondering how GW and Willowbrook would match up this season. Strictly hypothetical of course as seems they will slot in 8A and 7A - I'm familiar with GW, not as much so with Wbrook. Could Wbrook hang with GW this season?

GAME OF THE WEEK: HC AT GW

GW 28, HC 21 - this will definitely be a classic game. HC can make some big plays in the passing game and the QB is a very good decision-maker. The Hitters are definitely going to be challenged defensively by the Red Devils. However, being that the game is at Duchon, it's hard to pick against GW. Usually in big games at Duchon, the Hitters come up with a magical play or two to knock off stout opponents, and I wouldn't expect anything different. Regardless, this will be a great playoff preparation game for both teams. Hitters in a close one

OPRF 21, YORK 14 - Obviously a very difficult loss to DGN last week doesn't help the Huskies' playoff chances, but knowing how John Hoerster is a master motivator, he'll have his guys ready to play in what should be a loud environment. The Dukes need this badly, and if the coach actually plays to his team's strength, they have a shot. But knowing his stubborn tendencies, he won't utilize that strength enough, and OPRF edges out York.

DGN 24, LT 21 - another game with huge playoff ramifications. Trojans all but clinch 7A berth with W, and you know they don't want to have to beat crosstown rival DGS in Week 9 to get to 5. LT still has a shot at the playoffs, and Hartman will have his guys fired up and ready to play. But I think Cassens' steady play will make the difference in another close game.

PE 42 PW 28 - The Pirates get their 6th win and clinch a playoff spot as their amazing story continues. But closer than expected as the Panthers are looking at this as their Super Bowl and will do all they can to knock off their district rival.

Last edited:
GAME OF THE WEEK: HC AT GW

GW 28, HC 21 - this will definitely be a classic game. HC can make some big plays in the passing game and the QB is a very good decision-maker. The Hitters are definitely going to be challenged defensively by the Red Devils. However, being that the game is at Duchon, it's hard to pick against GW. Usually in big games at Duchon, the Hitters come up with a magical play or two to knock off stout opponents, and I wouldn't expect anything different. Regardless, this will be a great playoff preparation game for both teams. Hitters in a close one

OPRF 21, YORK 14 - Obviously a very difficult loss to DGN last week doesn't help the Huskies' playoff chances, but knowing how John Hoerster is a master motivator, he'll have his guys ready to play in what should be a loud environment. The Dukes need this badly, and if the coach actually plays to his team's strength, they have a shot. But knowing his stubborn tendencies, he won't utilize that strength enough, and OPRF edges out York.

DGN 24, LT 21 - another game with huge playoff ramifications. Trojans all but clinch 7A berth with W, and you know they don't want to have to beat crosstown rival DGS in Week 9 to get to 5. LT still has a shot at the playoffs, and Hartman will have his guys fired up and ready to play. But I think Cassens' steady play will make the difference in another close game.

PE 42 PW 28 - The Pirates get their 6th win and clinch a playoff spot as their amazing story continues. But closer than expected as the Panthers are looking at this as their Super Bowl and will do all they can to knock their district rival.
This is a really good analysis...I just think GBW wins by a lot! The OPRF/YORK comments are spot on.

Watched 2nd Half this game on YouTube. Incredible half of football. York had their chance for sure, just couldn’t stop the OPRF run when it counted.

That #20 for York really stepped up once RB1 went out with an injury. Had several nice runs and caught a TD pass. Had a real nice game overall.

Reactions: Magnum Opus
I've said a lot about two of Yorks Coaches this year
..the Head Coach and D Coordinator.

The kids and assistant Coaches on that team are great. The Fans...AD...Band...Student Body...and the Community...AWESOME!

If these past two seasons resonate dont with the HC and DC enough to make them leave, then someone else at York needs to step and do something.

Still proud of the kids...players...et al. Last, I never wanted to be right about these coaches..I would have much preferred to be wrong.

That #20 for York really stepped up once RB1 went out with an injury. Had several nice runs and caught a TD pass. Had a real nice game overall.
I talked to Patrick after the game and there was no consoling him - after #4 (Nick) went down very early in 2H, I knew Patrick would rise to the challenge - he was outstanding - time and time again he picked up very valuable yardage and the TD pass reception was sweet. We just couldn't contain the Huskies speed and the 4th down and 1 TD run (although not the game winner) was a back-breaker. #20 is only a JR so I expect big things from him next year.

Reactions: SMC34
I talked to Patrick after the game and there was no consoling him - after #4 (Nick) went down very early in 2H, I knew Patrick would rise to the challenge - he was outstanding - time and time again he picked up very valuable yardage and the TD pass reception was sweet. We just couldn't contain the Huskies speed and the 4th down and 1 TD run (although not the game winner) was a back-breaker. #20 is only a JR so I expect big things from him next year.
He's a hell of a player and a great kid

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT