ADVERTISEMENT

WSC Wk 6 Prediction Thread

RD_Watcher

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2019
Week 6 in the West Suburban Conference is all over the place. From a matchup of the undefeated on the grass of Duchon Field, to the "total toss up between bad teams" game of Leydan at Proviso East. And while there has been a lot of discussion about the lack of competitive balance between the Silver on Gold divisions, and the debacle that is currently AT football, I failed to realize Proviso West of the Silver Division has yet to score a point this season. I'm not sure that changes this week.

Of course, the GOTW is York @ GW since they are both 5-0. York struggled against both LT and DGN, yet made adjustments and won both. GW has yet to face a team with a winning record. GW is ranked in the top 10 of all polls; York is an after thought. Let's hope Saturday afternoon will bring more answers than questions.

The playoff hopes of either Downers Grove South or Hinsdale South will likely be dashed for the loser of this matchup. HS still has to face Willowbrook, Proviso East, and AT; while DGS will play AT, Morton, and Leyden.

Downers Grove North (4-1) @ Hinsdale Central (4-1)
York (5-0) @ Glenbard West (5-0)
Proviso West (0-5) @ Lyons Township (2-3)
Oak Park River Forest (1-4) @ Morton (2-3)
Addison Trail (0-5) @ Willowbrook (3-2)
Hinsdale South (2-3) @ Downers Grove South (1-4)
Leyden (1-4) @ Proviso East (1-4)

Hinsdale Central (4-1)
Glenbard West (5-0)
Lyons Township (2-3)
Oak Park River Forest (1-4)
Willowbrook (3-2)
Downers Grove South (1-4)
Leyden (1-4)

Reactions: RD_Watcher
Hinsdale Central (4-1)
Glenbard West (5-0)
Lyons Township (2-3)
Oak Park River Forest (1-4)
Willowbrook (3-2)
Downers Grove South (1-4)
Leyden (1-4)

Hinsdale Central
Glenbard West
Lyons Township
Oak Park River Forest
Willowbrook
Hinsdale South
Proviso East

DGN came to play tonight. I don't like to talk about officiating, but man... definitely some flags that shouldn't have been thrown either way.

How does a side judge 40 yards behind the play call PI, and not the back judge?

Reactions: WBWarriorWatcher
The other contenders in 8A had better pay attention to York. They are, and have been all season, a very fine football team, and they just pushed GW off their pedestal (as much as I hate to say that as a GW loyalist). But the scary thing about York is, they are getting better every week. They are the real deal. Maybe not in line for the final 4 in 8A, but it they continue on their current trajectory, they could play in the final game.

Reactions: corey90
If anyone thinks York isn’t for real, wait and see what happens this weekend.

these kids have no idea what they are doing right now. Each week is a bit of a panic because historically, they have gotten a beat down. This is a team that seems to only look 6 days ahead… not six weeks.

next up…HC….this could be the Dukes best game yet. I’m willing to bet most of these kids don’t know who they play after HC…..and that’s my point.

these kids have no idea what they are doing right now. Each week is a bit of a panic because historically, they have gotten a beat down. This is a team that seems to only look 6 days ahead… not six weeks.

next up…HC….this could be the Dukes best game yet. I’m willing to bet most of these kids don’t know who they play after HC…..and that’s my point.
The schedule is readily available.

• Haha
Reactions: RockSoup
What a weekend in the WSC. York pulled off an upset that, with the 20/20 of hindsight, we should have seen coming; HC handled a better than expected DGN; DGS gave themselves a path to a playoff birth after starting 0-4; and Proviso West and AT continue the battle for "worse team in the state", with PW moving ahead to that claim by again failing to score a point this week.

Downers North (20)@ Hinsdale Central (30)
York (12) @ Glenbard West (10)
Proviso West (0) @ Lyons Township (54)
Oak Park River Forest (41) @ Morton (7)
Addison Trail (7) @ Willowbrook (47)
Hinsdale South (7) @ Downers South (14)
Leyden (40) @ Proviso East (14)

No perfect scores this week, as the board picked GW. However, there were two 6-1 cards - @Grepos and @brucealmighy. There was also some movement in the overall standings.

1 - @Grepos 37 -5
T2 - @brucealmighy 35-7
T2 - @Panthers1211 35-7
T2 - @RD_Watcher 35-7
5 - @Dual-triple_threat 34-8
T6 - @Solid Snake Pliskin 32-10
T6 - @Little Kin 32-10
8 - @USD24 31-11
9 - @Cross Bones 26-9 (Missed Wk1)
10 - @MS4EVER 25-10 (Missed Wk6)
11 - @WBWarriorWatcher 21-7 (Missed Wk1 and Wk3)
12 - @Duhawk44 28-8 (missed Wk1 and Wk 2)
13 - @chuck998 19-2 (missed Wk1, Wk2, and Wk3)

3 others have gone 3 consecutive weeks without participating, and have been dropped.

The other contenders in 8A had better pay attention to York. They are, and have been all season, a very fine football team, and they just pushed GW off their pedestal (as much as I hate to say that as a GW loyalist). But the scary thing about York is, they are getting better every week. They are the real deal. Maybe not in line for the final 4 in 8A, but it they continue on their current trajectory, they could play in the final game.
Was GW not pushed off their pedestal when they were beat in dominate fashion by HC last spring?

I would bet money this is the case for most High School kids, and especially in the conference. In the Silver, there is only one team you might be able to get away with looking beyond. Everyone else has the athletes to beat you (I am using "you" in the empirical sense, not speaking specifically about York).

I have to admit I was way off on GBW running past York. What happened at the end of the Proviso/LT game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT