ADVERTISEMENT

WSC Prediction Thread Wk 8

RD_Watcher

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2019
It's somewhat hard to believe we are already at Week 8!

Three teams from the West Suburban Conference- York, Glenbard West and Hinsdale Central - have already clinched playoff births by way of 6 wins. Willowbrook has clinched sole possession of the Gold Division, so they are in as well, even though the IHSA website hasn't designated them as qualifiers yet.

Week 8 is important for several other schools still hoping to be playing come Halloween weekend. DGN needs to win this week and next to hit 6 wins. Yet, according to people with a much better understanding than me say it may only take 5 wins, and in some cases 4 wins, to get in this year. LT may also get in, but needs to win at least one, if not both, of their final two games. DGS and Morton still have a shot of making the playoffs, but both need a win this weekend in order to keep hope alive. As DGS and Morton square off against each other this week, that game is the easy pick for WSC GOTW.

It will also be interesting to see how York responds to the heart-breaking loss to HC last week, as they face Willowbrook; and is GW really deserving of the high rankings, as the only winning team they have beaten this season is DGN, and that was much closer than what should be expected by a top 10 ranked 8A team. If you want to make a move in the overall prediction standings, this may be the week to take a shot with a Willowbrook, LT or Addison Trail.

This week's games -

Downers Grove North (1-3, 4-3) @ Oak Park Rive Forest (1-3, 3-4)
York (4-1, 6-1) @ Willowbrook (5-0, 5-2)
Glenbard West (3-1, 6-1) @ Lyons Township (3-2, 4-3)
Proviso West (0-5, 0-7) @ Hinsdale Central (4-0, 6-1)
Leyden (1-4, 2-5) @ Addison Trail (0-4, 0-7)
Morton (3-1, 3-4) @ Downers Grove South (3-1, 3-4)
Hinsdale South (2-2, 2-5) @ Proviso East (1-4, 1-6)

Downers Grove North (1-3, 4-3)
Willowbrook (5-0, 5-2)
Glenbard West (3-1, 6-1)
Hinsdale Central (4-0, 6-1)
Leyden (1-4, 2-5)
Downers Grove South (3-1, 3-4)
Hinsdale South (2-2, 2-5)

Reactions: RD_Watcher
RD, are you going to keep this going through the playoffs? I need the post season to make my move!

Miracle win against DGN, west is sliding the wrong way. This is a prime upset pick.
I agree - especially with LT coming off two consecutive weeks of running clocks vs. Proviso West and Leyden. To think they haven't been doing some game planning for GW. I will not be overly surprised to see an upset here.

I agree - especially with LT coming off two consecutive weeks of running clocks vs. Proviso West and Leyden. To think they haven't been doing some game planning for GW. I will not be overly surprised to see an upset here.
That will be my Feeto. Only hesitant is GW owns LT at Bennett Field (Duchon East) I think both of the Lions wins in the last decade plus have been at Duchon.

Downers Grove North (1-3, 4-3)
Willowbrook (5-0, 5-2)
Lyons Township (3-2, 4-3)
Hinsdale Central (4-0, 6-1)
Leyden (1-4, 2-5)
Downers Grove South (3-1, 3-4)
Hinsdale South (2-2, 2-5

It's somewhat hard to believe we are already at Week 8!

Three teams from the West Suburban Conference- York, Glenbard West and Hinsdale Central - have already clinched playoff births by way of 6 wins. Willowbrook has clinched sole possession of the Gold Division, so they are in as well, even though the IHSA website hasn't designated them as qualifiers yet.

Week 8 is important for several other schools still hoping to be playing come Halloween weekend. DGN needs to win this week and next to hit 6 wins. Yet, according to people with a much better understanding than me say it may only take 5 wins, and in some cases 4 wins, to get in this year. LT may also get in, but needs to win at least one, if not both, of their final two games. DGS and Morton still have a shot of making the playoffs, but both need a win this weekend in order to keep hope alive. As DGS and Morton square off against each other this week, that game is the easy pick for WSC GOTW.

It will also be interesting to see how York responds to the heart-breaking loss to HC last week, as they face Willowbrook; and is GW really deserving of the high rankings, as the only winning team they have beaten this season is DGN, and that was much closer than what should be expected by a top 10 ranked 8A team. If you want to make a move in the overall prediction standings, this may be the week to take a shot with a Willowbrook, LT or Addison Trail.

This week's games -

Downers Grove North (1-3, 4-3) @ Oak Park Rive Forest (1-3, 3-4)
York (4-1, 6-1) @ Willowbrook (5-0, 5-2)
Glenbard West (3-1, 6-1) @ Lyons Township (3-2, 4-3)
Proviso West (0-5, 0-7) @ Hinsdale Central (4-0, 6-1)
Leyden (1-4, 2-5) @ Addison Trail (0-4, 0-7)
Morton (3-1, 3-4) @ Downers Grove South (3-1, 3-4)
Hinsdale South (2-2, 2-5) @ Proviso East (1-4, 1-6)

Oak Park River Forest
York
Glenbard West
Hinsdale Central
Addison Trail
Downers Grove South
Hinsdale South

Downers Grove North - playoff bound
Willowbrook - LETS GO!!!
Glenbard West - But pulling for LT
Hinsdale Central - clocking
Leyden - Maybe AT gets lucky…
Morton - ‘Stangs in a nail biter
Hinsdale South - Hornets swarm

HC 58 PW 0
York 14 WB 10
GW 35 LT 3
DGS 17 Morton 7
Leyden 28 AT 7
HS 55 PE 12
OPRF 30 DGN 28

Some big games in week 9. GW/HC for the crown or 3 way tie. OPRF/York for playoffs or potential 3 way tie. LT/DGN win and get in.

No, no envy. Just not a fan. I think that would be a very fun game. Hopefully by then the puzzling situation at QB would be solved and we could see these two programs hash it out.

We're gonna need you guys up in 8A
I don't see GW making the 8A cut this year, especially with the 5 win teams projected to get in. GW was only 20 kids above the cut line on IHSA projection last week. I think there will be 5 teams in 7A with a higher population than GW.

According to all accounts, we had some pretty competitive games Friday night - DGN/OPRF, York/Willowbrook, and the first half of GW/LT. Conversely, there were some games that were not competitive, as both Hinsdale schools clocked the Provisos. DGS put themselves in position to qualify for the 8A playoffs after starting 0-4. Week 9 will certainly be intriguing.

@Cross Bones is the only player to correctly select all 7 winners this week, so I wonder what told him OPRF over DGN.

Current Standing are as follows:
T1 @Grepos 48-8
T1 @brucealmighy 48-8
T1 @Panthers1211 48-8
T1 @RD_Watcher 48-8
5 @Dual-triple_threat 47-9
6 @USD24 44-12
7 @Little Kin 43-13
8 @Solid Snake Pliskin 42-14
9 @Cross Bones 40-9 (missed Wk 1)
T10 @WBWarriorWatcher 32-10 (missed Wk 1 & 3)
T10 @Duhawk44 32-10 (missed Wk 1 & 2)
12 @chuck998 31-4 (missed Wk 1, 2 & 3)

This will be a fun week!

Downers North (28) @ Oak Park River Forest (30)
York (14) @ Willowbrook (10)
Glenbard West (35) @ Lyons Township (3)
Proviso West (0) @ Hinsdale Central (58)
Leyden (28) @ Addison Trail (7)
Morton (7) @ Downers South (17)
Hinsdale South (55) @ Proviso East (12)

According to all accounts, we had some pretty competitive games Friday night - DGN/OPRF, York/Willowbrook, and the first half of GW/LT. Conversely, there were some games that were not competitive, as both Hinsdale schools clocked the Provisos. DGS put themselves in position to qualify for the 8A playoffs after starting 0-4. Week 9 will certainly be intriguing.

@Cross Bones is the only player to correctly select all 7 winners this week, so I wonder what told him OPRF over DGN.

Current Standing are as follows:
T1 @Grepos 48-8
T1 @brucealmighy 48-8
T1 @Panthers1211 48-8
T1 @RD_Watcher 48-8
5 @Dual-triple_threat 47-9
6 @USD24 44-12
7 @Little Kin 43-13
8 @Solid Snake Pliskin 42-14
9 @Cross Bones 40-9 (missed Wk 1)
T10 @WBWarriorWatcher 32-10 (missed Wk 1 & 3)
T10 @Duhawk44 32-10 (missed Wk 1 & 2)
12 @chuck998 31-4 (missed Wk 1, 2 & 3)

This will be a fun week!

Downers North (28) @ Oak Park River Forest (30)
York (14) @ Willowbrook (10)
Glenbard West (35) @ Lyons Township (3)
Proviso West (0) @ Hinsdale Central (58)
Leyden (28) @ Addison Trail (7)
Morton (7) @ Downers South (17)
Hinsdale South (55) @ Proviso East (12)
Figured the matchup was pretty even, but OPRF would be playing for their playoff lives. When I was a young skeleton head, my old man would take me to OPRF games after my pop warner game. So I'd be up in the bleachers with my jersey and game pants on. This is when OPRF didn't have lights and played on Saturdays. And people would ask me if I played for DGN. Anyways I probably have an OPRF bias.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT