ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the best Illinois team you've seen this season?

Is this an affirmation question? Since I’ve only been able to make CG v PR, I have to say CG.

Last edited:
In person Maine S
Others of note seen on NFHS
Loyola
Batavia
ESL

In person, offensively Br. Rice, defensively....I think every MC fan will answer this way too, St. Ignatius!

At full strength Loyola.
JCA a close second.
On defense, Loyola possesses more size and speed.
I'd pick JCA by a field goal if they played each other without Maldonado.

Reactions: Bowie50
Loyola is the best team I’ve seen. Jordan Anderson the most unstoppable player.

I haven’t gotten a chance to check out other games this year so my view is quite narrow. That being said…

Neuqua has talent across the board but they have really bad turnovers and the penalties are a major concern. If they cut both down and play a complete game (which they haven’t yet) then they can beat anyone in the state. NV needs to show out in October. Period.

Oswego and Naper North are both really good. Oswego lost to Neuqua by 10 and Batavia by 8. They can play with anyone. North? If Gray is on then they can do a lot of damage. Not sure on their D.

I haven’t gotten a chance to check out other games this year so my view is quite narrow. That being said…

Neuqua has talent across the board but they have really bad turnovers and the penalties are a major concern. If they cut both down and play a complete game (which they haven’t yet) then they can beat anyone in the state. NV needs to show out in October. Period.

Oswego and Naper North are both really good. Oswego lost to Neuqua by 10 and Batavia by 8. They can play with anyone. North? If Gray is on then they can do a lot of damage. Not sure on their D.
pretty bold statement. We shall see.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck

Ironically, NN and Oswego is Soucie's first round matchup. Even to take it a step further, Oswego was only down 3 at NV with about 3 minutes left with NV facing a 3rd and 9 at about their own 25-30 when "Pops" kid scrambled for 65 yards to basically win the game.

Ironically, NN and Oswego is Soucie's first round matchup. Even to take it a step further, Oswego was only down 3 at NV with about 3 minutes left with NV facing a 3rd and 9 at about their own 25-30 when "Pops" kid scrambled for 65 yards to basically win the game.
Yep. I left that game with 8 minutes left with NV up 26-7 or something like that. It was a crazy game that showed the grit of that Oswego team. They never gave up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT