ADVERTISEMENT

What team do you miss the most?

Plans have stalled on opening another Lockport high school. Can't get the referendum to pass. The way that they are building subdivisions in Homer Glen, they will have to figure out something sooner or later to address the influx of students that is coming. Most likely it will be 2 campuses split by grade level with only 1 athletic program, how it currently is. Lockport "North" will just replace Lockport Central. Land is already bought for the new school if/when that ever happens.
They were talking about making Lockport 2 four year high schools since the late 70’s/Early 80’s on.

Reactions: Porter1997
Plans have stalled on opening another Lockport high school. Can't get the referendum to pass. The way that they are building subdivisions in Homer Glen, they will have to figure out something sooner or later to address the influx of students that is coming. Most likely it will be 2 campuses split by grade level with only 1 athletic program, how it currently is. Lockport "North" will just replace Lockport Central. Land is already bought for the new school if/when that ever happens.
Wow ... already 365 students larger than the next most populous school in the SWSC Blue and still growing. Maybe a blessing in disguise for Coach Czart not to get the LWC job back when LWN closed? LWC is now 3rd of 5 in enrollment in the Red Division along with being saddled with an unfavorable cross-over situation annually for 3 games. Oops, I said it again.

Reactions: Porter1997
Change the boundaries around & reopen LW North & send them there.About 15 minute drive same time for Central stickney kids to get to Reavis

Reactions: Bwm57
Change the boundaries around & reopen LW North & send them there.About 15 minute drive same time for Central stickney kids to get to Reavis
I heard the gated part Rosemont is zoned to Leyden. Is the "houses" part of Bedford Park part of Argo or part of Reavis?

I heard the gated part Rosemont is zoned to Leyden. Is the "houses" part of Bedford Park part of Argo or part of Reavis?
Argo.Years ago CPS was going to buy a vacant factory & turn it into a charter school.They were going to take kids from Central Stickney & Nottingham Park that were going to Reavis & Bedford Park kids who were going to Argo.Reavis & Argo went in together & purchased the property.They sold it for big profits.

Luther North!
Really though? I watched LN football during the 90’s and 2000’s and we’re always just horrendous. Same w Luther South (I do miss them though) and St Greg’s. I don’t miss watching LN play.

I know they still have a team but basically don’t have one so I’ll say it. I MISS THE WALTHER LUTHERAN PROGRAM FROM THE 90’s and 2000’s!!! Man those dudes were good. Wish that program could find its way back.

Reactions: forlouann
Really though? I watched LN football during the 90’s and 2000’s and we’re always just horrendous. Same w Luther South (I do miss them though) and St Greg’s. I don’t miss watching LN play.

I know they still have a team but basically don’t have one so I’ll say it. I MISS THE WALTHER LUTHERAN PROGRAM FROM THE 90’s and 2000’s!!! Man those dudes were good. Wish that program could find its way back.
Alma mater.

Reactions: colin2229

Some good teams and players back then. The Robinson boys, the Doyles, Bo Flowers etc

They were talking about making Lockport 2 four year high schools since the late 70’s/Early 80’s on.
They'll never get 2 four year schools passed at this point. No way to draw up the lines in a "fair" way. Plenty of people still scared about Homer Glen "stealing" the new school just like Romeoville "did." Will have to wait for all those old people to die out then only hope is two have 2 schools split by grade level.

Wow ... already 365 students larger than the next most populous school in the SWSC Blue and still growing. Maybe a blessing in disguise for Coach Czart not to get the LWC job back when LWN closed? LWC is now 3rd of 5 in enrollment in the Red Division along with being saddled with an unfavorable cross-over situation annually for 3 games. Oops, I said it again.
Said it at the the time and I'll say it again, LW made a huge mistake not putting Czart at LWC or LWW. Was stoked when he came back to LP and the excitement was clearly worth it.

Said it at the the time and I'll say it again, LW made a huge mistake not putting Czart at LWC or LWW. Was stoked when he came back to LP and the excitement was clearly worth it.
I never thought Czart to LWW was really an option at the time. Coach Ernst had the Warriors rolling quite well when LWN closed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT