ADVERTISEMENT

What Happened to...

LTHSALUM76

Aug 27, 2014
Feeto's Upset Thread? Am I just not seeing it or did it disappear? I am looking for the one from last Friday.

• Wow
Reactions: Gene K.
I think it was flushed. I tried looking for it as well. A NV dad, well being a NV dad took a possible upset to seriously.

Reactions: CatholicHigh41
I think it was flushed. I tried looking for it as well. A NV dad, well being a NV dad took a possible upset to seriously.
I guess nothing is sacred if an upset thread can get to the level of being flushed. I'd like anyone to answer this question. Why do so many people take HS football so personally? I understand taking it seriously. But I have seen more than once where someone says something negative about a program or makes an outside observation and someone else, who follows that program, jumps down his throat. If guy A is getting personal to start, then I understand guy B getting aggravated.

But pointing something out in an objective way, even if negative, shouldn't be taken personally. I see it a lot here. I have seen negative stuff said here about Lockport in the past. If it's objective and true what am I going to say? I will probably agree. Oh well.... I liked that thread. Guess I missed the fireworks...again.

It’s a combination of a lot of stuff. Not saying I can cast the first stone, I’ve had my battles. But some people can’t handle the truth. They know your right and they get defensive because they are pissed. Not all, but most. When I had my sons playing over the past many years I took it more personally because I was closer to those teams on a personal level and if someone was making up BS or wrong (and sometimes right) about issues Papa Bear came out. I’ve made observations and comments that have got under people’s skin, but I try to be professional and explain my rationale but sometimes I get slammed for it. But I threw the first punch, I need to expect a punch back. And sometimes the person is drunk posting 😵! Very common after a loss

I guess nothing is sacred if an upset thread can get to the level of being flushed. I'd like anyone to answer this question. Why do so many people take HS football so personally? I understand taking it seriously. But I have seen more than once where someone says something negative about a program or makes an outside observation and someone else, who follows that program, jumps down his throat. If guy A is getting personal to start, then I understand guy B getting aggravated.

But pointing something out in an objective way, even if negative, shouldn't be taken personally. I see it a lot here. I have seen negative stuff said here about Lockport in the past. If it's objective and true what am I going to say? I will probably agree. Oh well.... I liked that thread. Guess I missed the fireworks...again.
Be true to your school bro! In all seriousness, we are a bunch of crazy a$$____ that live vicariously through these programs and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

It’s a combination of a lot of stuff. Not saying I can cast the first stone, I’ve had my battles. But some people can’t handle the truth. They know your right and they get defensive because they are pissed. Not all, but most. When I had my sons playing over the past many years I took it more personally because I was closer to those teams on a personal level and if someone was making up BS or wrong (and sometimes right) about issues Papa Bear came out. I’ve made observations and comments that have got under people’s skin, but I try to be professional and explain my rationale but sometimes I get slammed for it. But I threw the first punch, I need to expect a punch back. And sometimes the person is drunk posting 😵! Very common after a loss
All.... And at times a win. Thank God for the edit feature. Work it often early morning after the Friday night game. Ratsy

Objectivity in a most anonymous forum? I don't believe that truly exists on the internet. ;)

Seriously though, I get some people are going to defend their program - especially when their kid is involved - to the end. At times, everyone on this thread has found some humor in the way certain users defend programs like Warren, ESL... all of their Catholic schools. Taking a deep breath and re-reading before hitting the "Post Reply" button is something many of us could be better with. I'm guilty of firing off a comment I shouldn't have myself.

Everyone forgets, it's all about our feelings these days.. Being offended and crying about it is becoming the norm..

Btw, it's nice hearing crickets from Naz fans this year..
Now THERE'S a "what happened to?" ...Nazareth ! I know there's a good discusssion of Stevenson's fortunes in the What Did We Learn in Week 4, but that's a geographically limited program, all be it a large one, but still limited. It's surprising to see programs like ND and Naz downturn so quickly. Is it tuition in the time of a pandemic, or something else?

Now THERE'S a "what happened to?" ...Nazareth ! I know there's a good discusssion of Stevenson's fortunes in the What Did We Learn in Week 4, but that's a geographically limited program, all be it a large one, but still limited. It's surprising to see programs like ND and Naz downturn so quickly. Is it tuition in the time of a pandemic, or something else?
With Naz Its called losing one of the top 3 QB's in country.

With Naz Its called losing one of the top 3 QB's in country.
They were rolling years before McCarthy. If they had Tyler Morris healthy this year they would be 3-1, possibly 4-0 as he could have made up the difference in the Marist game. He was on the same level as Brown from SR. The last couple years we’ve been hearing about Naz average or non-existent JV and lower levels. Now they are on Varsity this year. They’ll be back...unless Racki leaves

Reactions: Gene K.
Well I’m “dad” of “kid” and I can honestly say if anyone saw my reply it wasn’t based on bias it was based on stats. I get it an upset is called an UPSET because the team with worse stats record etc wins. I was commenting about the reasons and I suppose I was wrong because that IN FACT would have been a “definition upset.” But PLEASE everyone and ANYONE who saw the posts understand that it “got ugly” when another user said “calm down pops” to me. Uncalled for, unprofessional/unfriendly, unproductive, ignorant, and inciteful. I might have “over-reacted?” But not sure why MY opinions (regardless of relation to a player) are “stupid,” yet everyone else’s opinions are “smart.” No biggie-if you all knew me in person it would just be different because I’m nice and friendly and fun. I joined in just to have fun with the amazing season NV Is having and it’s exciting and cool. So yea I’m biased but so far I’m not wrong? Just don’t tell me to “calm down pops” I think that is unnecessary,rude, and not what I expected. I apologize to anyone that I upset, sincerely.

Well I’m “dad” of “kid” and I can honestly say if anyone saw my reply it wasn’t based on bias it was based on stats. I get it an upset is called an UPSET because the team with worse stats record etc wins. I was commenting about the reasons and I suppose I was wrong because that IN FACT would have been a “definition upset.” But PLEASE everyone and ANYONE who saw the posts understand that it “got ugly” when another user said “calm down pops” to me. Uncalled for, unprofessional/unfriendly, unproductive, ignorant, and inciteful. I might have “over-reacted?” But not sure why MY opinions (regardless of relation to a player) are “stupid,” yet everyone else’s opinions are “smart.” No biggie-if you all knew me in person it would just be different because I’m nice and friendly and fun. I joined in just to have fun with the amazing season NV Is having and it’s exciting and cool. So yea I’m biased but so far I’m not wrong? Just don’t tell me to “calm down pops” I think that is unnecessary,rude, and not what I expected. I apologize to anyone that I upset, sincerely.

You have to have thick skin or don’t reply or participate. Their are plenty of times over the years when a certain posters attack or say something disrespectful. If and when it happens you have to know when to drop it and go silent. If that doesn’t work hit the ignore button.

Reactions: Bowie50 and ska549
I won’t get into details because I’ve agreed to never acknowledge or respond/react to this poster, but I’ve been called a LOT worse and it was on a much more personal level, like knife in the heart offensive. Lot of keyboard tough guys on this site, real easy to say offensive things from the comfort of your phone or computer. But the good posters on this board far outweigh the bad. So lighten up Francis!! 😀😀 (said in humor!)

I won’t get into details because I’ve agreed to never acknowledge or respond/react to this poster, but I’ve been called a LOT worse and it was on a much more personal level, like knife in the heart offensive. Lot of keyboard tough guys on this site, real easy to say offensive things from the comfort of your phone or computer. But the good posters on this board far outweigh the bad. So lighten up Francis!! 😀😀 (said in humor!)
I hear that loud and clear!!! Appreciate the humor and “support..” haha thanks bro

calm-it-down-pops-doc-shaw.gif

I think some of the words being in all CAPS set me off. All good pops, let’s call it a draw. 😉

Oh, your son is a beast. Enjoy watching the highlights.

You'll be fine @ska549 that thread was mild. There are actual awful people here who think theyre stars and out of the blue will cross a line and ruin a thread with their keyboard thuggery and have to be brought back to reality from time to time. the feeto thread wasnt like that.

They were rolling years before McCarthy. If they had Tyler Morris healthy this year they would be 3-1, possibly 4-0 as he could have made up the difference in the Marist game. He was on the same level as Brown from SR. The last couple years we’ve been hearing about Naz average or non-existent JV and lower levels. Now they are on Varsity this year. They’ll be back...unless Racki leaves
Naz is also starting 4 freshman on varsity which is pretty unheard of and speaks to the depth. They've taken their lumps and hopefully will turn it around. I think the first 4 weeks were definitly more difficult than the final 5.

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
LMAO
My wife thinks we are all crazy. Hahaha
And she's right. My wife and I don't even talk about this board. I am sure she has better things to talk about than things we discuss. So, I don't bother. I am sure if I did, I get that "look" that only a wife gives to her spouse at times when she thinks he's being silly or wasting time.

Reactions: corey90
But you did when there wasn't a good enough locker room. Maybe not you specifically, but someone in Red and yellow.
Seams like you're reaching GF, but keep holding on to your two home victories with a 5 star QB against rinky dink Batavia..

I will give you credit though, at least you're still out here representing your Roadrunners, unlike the rest of the posse..

Looks like this Thanksgiving you'll be out recruiting..

And she's right. My wife and I don't even talk about this board. I am sure she has better things to talk about than things we discuss. So, I don't bother. I am sure if I did, I get that "look" that only a wife gives to her spouse at times when she thinks he's being silly or wasting time.
I don’t talk to her about it she just knows if I am on my phone typing. She looks at me and says Edgy and shakes her head. 🤣 Hahaha

Excellent recovery ska!!
I’ve now taken you off of the list of, “Fan most likely to be seen in police video at high school football game”!
Just kidding…
If he saw the same officiating I saw Friday night at NN then you might wanna leave him on that list.

Reactions: ska549 and Bwm57
Excellent recovery ska!!
I’ve now taken you off of the list of, “Fan most likely to be seen in police video at high school football game”!
Just kidding…
Haha!!! Thanks-I am really nice and friendly and fun!!! I always say I prefer “in person” communication rather than the internet because a lot gets “lost” in translation!!!! (I still might get taken away by police but not because of that kid or anything…😉😉😉😉)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT