ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 9!?!?!?!

I hope you’re right. With a healthy purchase I have no doubt in the defense’s ability to stifle any of these offenses. But without the biggest playmaker and one of the best players on that defense, there is definitely a crack there to be exploited.
Purchase injury definately hurts. Rouse took his spot and I think (Wilhelm)? took Rouse's spot. The new guy is no. 6 Weston who is learning on the fly. The good news is that he is showing steady improvement. He is fast and athletic with great lower body strength. He'll be just fine in a few weeks.

Well it’s decided then…
I happen to think St. Francis can give JCA a lot of trouble. They have the athletes to present numerous challenges to the JCA defense. But, I have to ask. What happened to the Spartans against Bishop Mac? How did they manage to lose by 3 TD's?

I happen to think St. Francis can give JCA a lot of trouble. They have the athletes to present numerous challenges to the JCA defense. But, I have to ask. What happened to the Spartans against Bishop Mac? How did they manage to lose by 3 TD's?
IIRC it was BMac’s legendary coach’s final home game as their coach. Tough emotions to overcome for most teams.

Reactions: iamgroot
Warren has thrown the ball 45 times in the last 7 games. 29 of 45 for 683 yards. In the only close game 6 for 15 for 111 (Lake Forest, a 6A team). People on this board respect Warren, they just don't respect you blowing smoke up their butts. Warren can be a good team and still have issues.
Show the stats on the teams giving up a bunch of points. How many stops do they have or yards given up ? I like folks talking about Warren .... we do not have to talk about the Catholic schools or LA, LWE,or teams south & west, etc. Playoffs are here the talking & post slow down has teams fall off. Home of six flags 🎢

I think the entirety of 255 other qualifiers will be cheering for whomever plays JCA. Merely because of this fraudulent 4A run & their fans attempts at justifying this.
I would imagine they won’t get much sympathy when they run into a close call or a loss, nor should they. Who is trying to justify anything? They are where they are and I’m not convinced they’re going to sweep to a title with no resistance like so many here are.

If the results are as inevitable as some indicate, it won’t matter who those 255 other fans root for because the 4A champ has already been crowned.

If JC does win five straight games by 30 plus points I will admit that 4A didn’t put up much resistance to a very good JC team. But if things go the way I think they will go and JC finds themselves in multiple pickles, then those fans rooting against them will be in quite the dilemma. They will have to reconcile their feelings for being happy to see JC struggle or lose with admitting that JC wasn’t as good as they made them up to be in their mind or 4A wasn’t quite the overwhelmed field they assumed it to be.

we can compare notes in 3 to 5 weeks.

Last edited:
Lou Holtz Jr
Is this a class at JCA?

I think the entirety of 255 other qualifiers will be cheering for whomever plays JCA. Merely because of this fraudulent 4A run & their fans attempts at justifying this.
Your Crusaders just had a big win over Marist. The defense, which has been the source of a lot angst on this board by Crusader fans, played much better. Rice is poised to make a strong run for a 7A title. How about doing yourself a favor and concentrating on Rice's playoff run? The constant posts about JCA are tiresome. Move on.

Reactions: Gene K.
JCA Question
In all seriousness
Why do you think the decision makers at JCA deemed 3a was too small but, 4a was "just right" for it's football program ?
Why not play in 3a?

JCA Question
In all seriousness
Why do you think the decision makers at JCA deemed 3a was too small but, 4a was "just right" for it's football program ?
Why not play in 3a?
No idea. Perhaps because there likely wouldn’t be a single competitive game in 3A outside of maybe IC? SHG, Rochester, st Francis, Richmond Burton, and Cahokia would seem to be peer teams at 4A. Outside of IC, there aren’t many at 3A. Just trying to spitball a sincere answer for you. Please don’t think I speak for anyone but myself.

maybe I’m giving 4A too much credit, but I truly believe it is better at the top 5 contenders compared to 5A. When Rochester dropped it became even more so.

in all seriousness, why do some believe that a team that beat IC and a 7A playoff qualifier won’t give JC trouble in the quarters, if that matchup were to happen? St Francis would appear to match up well.

Reactions: rjjtwest
I don't think so and my comments have absolutely nothing to do with St Francis.
Fair enough. Well, they are a part of the 4A field. And there are at least 5 to 8 teams in 4A I am intrigued about matching up with. In 3A, that number is one, and it lost quite a bit of luster when SF handled IC last week.

I don’t know what the ideal class is for JC. This year they could easily compete in 8A. That won’t be true next year or for the short term future. So I certainly understand the hesitation to play up a lot with one real good senior class.

JCA Question
In all seriousness
Why not play in 3a?
I see you didn't answer the question.

My response to your question about petitioning to 4A is I have no idea. If it were me making the decision, I would take into account next year as well, since petitioning up is a 2-year commitment. And, IMO, they won't be as good next year, so I would not petition up solely on the strength of this year's team.

I'm always intrigued by people, such as you, who seemingly have no connection to the JCA program, yet have a tremendous amount of interest in JCA. It never ceases to amaze me. I follow other programs, but at the end of the day, I mainly care about the one to which I have an association, JCA. You, Crispy and GoRice should become honorary alums of the Hilltoppers, since you seemingly have such an intense interest in them based on your postings.

Warrensburg beat teams with 0 wins, 1 win, 5 wins, 0 wins and 1 win. One of the wins was by forfeit. Looking at their conference you should feel for Tuscola. 4 and 3 with wins against teams with 7 wins, 6, 5 and 5 but had 2 games canceled so only got 7 games in.
AND Tuscola elected to play a game against a good team from Indiana which Tuscola lost rather than take a forfeit win. It came back to bite them because a two week COVID pause resulted in two mandatory forfeits.

Reactions: Formicidae13
Your Crusaders just had a big win over Marist. The defense, which has been the source of a lot angst on this board by Crusader fans, played much better. Rice is poised to make a strong run for a 7A title. How about doing yourself a favor and concentrating on Rice's playoff run? The constant posts about JCA are tiresome. Move on.
Although the BR defense did look improved Friday night, especially after the first quarter, it looked like Marist had no idea what it was doing on offense. Marist had a 14-0 lead after the first quarter, one of the dads remarked to me- "Here's when we get outcoached." They just seemed to get away from what worked in the first quarter for them.

Reactions: MC2023
I think the entirety of 255 other qualifiers will be cheering for whomever plays JCA. Merely because of this fraudulent 4A run & their fans attempts at justifying thi

Amen 👍

No idea. Perhaps because there likely wouldn’t be a single competitive game in 3A outside of maybe IC? SHG, Rochester, st Francis, Richmond Burton, and Cahokia would seem to be peer teams at 4A. Outside of IC, there aren’t many at 3A. Just trying to spitball a sincere answer for you. Please don’t think I speak for anyone but myself.

maybe I’m giving 4A too much credit, but I truly believe it is better at the top 5 contenders compared to 5A. When Rochester dropped it became even more so.

in all seriousness, why do some believe that a team that beat IC and a 7A playoff qualifier won’t give JC trouble in the quarters, if that matchup were to happen? St Francis would appear to match up well.

Reactions: cigaros
I see you didn't answer the question.

My response to your question about petitioning to 4A is I have no idea. If it were me making the decision, I would take into account next year as well, since petitioning up is a 2-year commitment. And, IMO, they won't be as good next year, so I would not petition up solely on the strength of this year's team.

I'm always intrigued by people, such as you, who seemingly have no connection to the JCA program, yet have a tremendous amount of interest in JCA. It never ceases to amaze me. I follow other programs, but at the end of the day, I mainly care about the one to which I have an association, JCA. You, Crispy and GoRice should become honorary alums of the Hilltoppers, since you seemingly have such an intense interest in them based on your postings.
Toxic "interest"

The 4A run is not their fault. They did not get the 3 playoff wins in 2 years as required by the IHSA rules on the multiplier. In 2019, Mascoutah beat them in the quarterfinals as Rochester beat SHG in the same round. Thus SHG and JCA only had 2 playoff wins and thereby eliminating the multiplier with the elimination the 2020 season due to COVID. They are merely playing the bracket they are assigned to play. If there is blame to be placed, it is on the rules. Remember, St. Rita had a poor showing in 2017 & 18, thereby placing them in 5A in 2019. This was after over a decade of being 7A.

* Rochester probably wishes they petitioned up to 5A.
The only team that could beat Rochester in 5A is Fenwick in the final. After that, the only challenges would be Kankakee, Naz, Mahomet, and Morris. Much better challenges in 4A

The only team that could beat Rochester in 5A is Fenwick in the final. After that, the only challenges would be Kankakee, Naz, Mahomet, and Morris. Much better challenges in 4A
Naz can beat Rochester. I’m not saying it’s a sure thing or anything like that because it’d be a tossup but I’ve seen both and Naz absolutely can beat them.

Fenwick beats them by a few scores.

Honestly no idea how that happened.
I think JCA will/would beat SF and most likely by a few scores.
JCA is going to find themselves in a game somewhere along the way, SF is a team that could give them that game.

Can I just say to the JCA posters that if all the back and forth banter the Morris/JCA fans have had over the years was this annoying and ridiculous,I apologize.

Warren has thrown the ball 45 times in the last 7 games. 29 of 45 for 683 yards. In the only close game 6 for 15 for 111 (Lake Forest, a 6A team). People on this board respect Warren, they just don't respect you blowing smoke up their butts. Warren can be a good team and still have issues.
I have been saying it all year having seen Warren in person 3 times. Defense big, strong, extremely fast with loads of talent. Offense is all Big Mo Edwards regardless of what @micahjones preaches. If QB Lucero had stayed at Carmel of Mundelein guess what? Both schools would have finished with same records they had. His best attribute is managing what play is called and giving ball to Maurice. Not even best QB in his own conference so hope game doesn't come down to him having to make a big pass late. Mediocre numbers against the two best defenses he saw this year. Stop Mo Edwards and force Warren to pass and you have a good shot to beat them. Warren's easy draw should get them 3 rounds deep so we shall see what unfolds.

Reactions: Quags57
Whatever broke in Glenbard West's offense after week 5, remains broken going into the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT