ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 9!?!?!?!

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
So I can’t think of much that happened this week so I’ll keep this brief, ok maybe not.

1 - That more of the unexpected than expected happened this past week.
2 - That Lena-Winslow went from shoe-in in 1A to a mere contender.
3 - That we didn’t see the HF thing coming
4 - That Lake Forest is legit and will be an issue in 6A North.
5 -That unbeaten and first conf title since 1972 has a nice ring to it for wauconda.
6 - That football is so joyous to us all, but it can also be a needed distraction in difficult times. Hug your kids.
7 - That the CPS put a record amount of teams in the playoffs
8 - That the ain’t over until I say it is award goes to the QB from Naperville North.
9 - That all has no brakes proved itself more than simply worth on National stage.
10 - That it’s the playoffs. Playoffs? So nice to have my football back.

That’s a wrap until after the playoffs.

Reactions: RockSoup
Anybody hear anything about Kankakee (9-0) over Crete-Monee (6-3 now after 2 prior losses to LWE & JCA) from Friday night?

I feel badly for Warrensburg. They were the only 5-4 team not to make the playoffs.

Catalyst/Maria from the vaunted Chicago Public League also goes 5-4 and makes the playoffs ahead of Warrensburg.

Catalyst/Maria played just 6 games. They had had 3, count 'em, 3 games decided by forfeit. They won two by forfeit and actually forfeited a game themselves.

Warren will be there in the end in 8A. This has been brewing for a while. Two teams out North may may be the last standing. Warren enters playoffs with 2 losses in 2.5 seasons. The real season starts with Barrington next Friday. Home of six flags is alive and well.

I feel badly for Warrensburg. They were the only 5-4 team not to make the playoffs.

Catalyst/Maria from the vaunted Chicago Public League also goes 5-4 and makes the playoffs ahead of Warrensburg.

Catalyst/Maria played just 6 games. They had had 3, count 'em, 3 games decided by forfeit. They won two by forfeit and actually forfeited a game themselves.
That’s awful. How many of the record amount of CPS teams got in on Forfeit wins? Phillips may win a couple games in 4A until JCA ends their season, but the high majority of the rest will not make it out of round 1.

That’s awful. How many of the record amount of CPS teams got in on Forfeit wins? Phillips may win a couple games in 4A until JCA ends their season, but the high majority of the rest will not make it out of round 1.
Richmond Burton is likely to clobber Philips in the quarters. Winner of that game plays the JCA vs st Francis winner in the semis.

JC may be the favorite, but they are in for some real rough tests.

Warrensburg beat teams with 0 wins, 1 win, 5 wins, 0 wins and 1 win. One of the wins was by forfeit. Looking at their conference you should feel for Tuscola. 4 and 3 with wins against teams with 7 wins, 6, 5 and 5 but had 2 games canceled so only got 7 games in.

I did learn that MC QB Blainey Dowling is playoff ready. After a slow start he had great games versus BR and LA, especially LA. I know MC lost both but against two of the States best teams, he brought his A game and now has the confidence he needs. Tough South Side kid who hates losing! His family name is on the MC stadium.

Thanks Lou Holtz
I acknowledged that their body of work makes them the favorite.

I just think the comments about how JC will destroy 4A and how they will have a record point differential are way off base.

from the quarters on, I believe they will be less than two touchdown favorites against legitimate opponents. Yea, they can and perhaps should beat St Francis. But st Francis can beat JCA. So can Richmond burton. So can shg or Rochester.

doesn’t mean they will beat them. But I’m looking forward to watching a pretty solid 4A field.

Richmond Burton is likely to clobber Philips in the quarters. Winner of that game plays the JCA vs st Francis winner in the semis.

JC may be the favorite, but they are in for some real rough tests.
Especially if jca's key players stay dinged up!🧐🤷

I would disagree. Very off year for the North Suburban. If qualifiers are the metric for good then CPS has some killer conferences this year
Lake forest is legit. Libertyville is good enough to win a round maybe two.

But st Francis can beat JCA. So can Richmond burton. So can shg or Rochester.

doesn’t mean they will beat them. But I’m looking forward to watching a pretty solid 4A field.

St Francis is a easy win for JCA. Rochester this year has one good player and he is not playing his best position. JCA stomps Rochester. Rochester beat SHG.

Easy title for JCA this year.

Nuff said.

St Francis is a easy win for JCA. Rochester this year has one good player and he is not playing his best position. JCA stomps Rochester. Rochester beat SHG.

Easy title for JCA this year.

Nuff said.
I hope you’re right. With a healthy purchase I have no doubt in the defense’s ability to stifle any of these offenses. But without the biggest playmaker and one of the best players on that defense, there is definitely a crack there to be exploited.

That Fenwick is legitimately good and a threat in 5A. Thing is, in the quarterfinals, there's a good chance the Friars will meet a playoff-tested Nazareth team. Tim Racki's teams tend to save their best for the postseason.

That Fenwick is legitimately good and a threat in 5A. Thing is, in the quarterfinals, there's a good chance the Friars will meet a playoff-tested Nazareth team. Tim Racki's teams tend to save their best for the postseason.

That's when they had JJ and or Love or

Turner, Tranchatella or Schwabe.

After a slow start he had great games versus BR and LA, especially LA.
Yes, he went from average to impressive. Just in time for the playoffs. And Mr. Everything, Damarrion Arrington, is a tremendous target for Dowling to have. Now Lynch needs to look inside of himself and recognize that he called some terrible plays at the worst possible times.

Last edited:
If there is any weakness to No. 1 Loyola I’d say it’s their ability to stop the pass.

I’ve touted all year how great the Warren(Home of Six Flags) defense is. But I can tell you if you can’t pass your not getting by LA.
If LA cannot play defense... they cannot win either be balanced. Fyi, Warren has thrown the ball enough post MS. Anyway, like I said previously certain teams get passes no matter what thier deficiencies are. Great defense, a solid run gane and efficient pass game wins championship. Stay tuned ! Home of six flags 🎢💪🏾🏈

• Haha
Reactions: crusader_of_90
Warren has thrown the ball enough post MS
Warren has thrown the ball 45 times in the last 7 games. 29 of 45 for 683 yards. In the only close game 6 for 15 for 111 (Lake Forest, a 6A team). People on this board respect Warren, they just don't respect you blowing smoke up their butts. Warren can be a good team and still have issues.

Reactions: Wolffan64
Warren has thrown the ball 45 times in the last 7 games. 29 of 45 for 683 yards. In the only close game 6 for 15 for 111 (Lake Forest, a 6A team). People on this board respect Warren, they just don't respect you blowing smoke up their butts. Warren can be a good team and still have issues.
Pretty on point. I originally thought Micah was always doing a bit, just to get a rise. I now think it's not a bit...he truly thinks Warren is the best program in the state with no room for any other opinion. I've watched Warren online couple times this year. They have a good defense...very good

Not earth shattering or dominant, but a good team. Definitely, definitely challenged on offense.

With ZERO ill-will towards the kids, I don't think I've ever rooted more against a program more than Warren simply because of a poster. Yes, I know it's ridiculous and petty. But I don't care. Looking forward to Warren being out before the semis.

Reactions: USD24
If seeds hold they would matchup with Lockport in round 3. The Porters have a stout defense. That game could be 0-0 in regulation. We have seen that a great defense can take you so far but you have to be able to do something on offense. The Blue Devils did nothing in those 2 losses in the last 2.5 years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT