ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 8!?!?

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
This was a rather interesting week. To quite the great Ricky Bobby, “I’m too drunk to taste this chicken.”

1 - That the NSC is drunk, and I’m the bartender.
2 - That Lyons is dancing like it’s 1956 - the last time the Lions went 9-0.
3 - That a search party has been assembled in the hopes of finding Sandburg.
4 - That ESL looked human for one week (yes they had injuries) - or Edwardsville is pretty good.
5 - That 9 TD’s in a game is better than 4td’s in a game - Jacob Bell take a bow.
6 - That while we are trying to soft through all the zip codes in Grant Township, the Bulldogs pulled off a stunner by taking out The Och.
7 - That Dixon and Byron was a classic in the BNC - both will be tough outs in the playoffs.
8 - That many familiar faces will be on the sidelines come playoff time - New Trier, GBW Carmel to name a few.
9 - That Bishop Mac closed out its stadium in less than a fitting tribute (was there the Friday after 9-11).
10 - That Sycamore did bad things to Morris.

Those are my thoughts for this week. Week 9 will not be paired with a lovely Cab.

That there is a team that should be 7-1 but is fighting for their playoff lives Friday at 4-4 & this should not be. That as much as many of you hate the Prep Bowl that the Catholic league is gonna have some pretty good teams in the prep bowl playoffs. Andy finally that political talk isn’t allowed nor should it be but I’ll risk a banishment & say Edgy for President!!!! Feeto for Vice?! :)

Reactions: LakeCtyNewt
CCHS and GBW are technically still alive.

Both are at the top-end of qualifying at 4-5 with around (50) playoff points.

Although CCHS has a tough one still.

Last edited:
That Eville better than I gave them credit for and IOSE is not the only stud on their Dline. That is not a smoke screen - they were better than 8-1 Imotep Academy.
Will be interesting what class they end up in. If they are in 7 they could be a real contender.

Reactions: McEvergreen
Eville always play ESL tough. Which I do not understand why they do not put that type of effort in when playoff comes. If you get up to play the Flyers you should put that type of effort into every one.
11.1) The Flyers chrome domes are growing on me.
11.2) Tons of dropped interceptions for each time - lots of nervous energy.
11.3) I THINK the only PF was on the Tigers - late hit on the Tigers. Flyers SHOULD have gotten the evener for a late hit on the Tiger sideline and Pickering went ape poop.
11.4) There is one observation I can't state publicly, but it impacted the Flyer.
11.5) The Flyers have two very solid RBs - not sure who Thunder is and who Lightning is. Both bring the Storm.
11.6) At 6:50 of the GSV video, Iose got his ass sat down on a clean hit on a kick - both dudes were heads up. Flyers' #4 can POP!
11.7) Tigers BLANKETED Benett and they had the dudes to cover the group of Flyers receivers.
11.8) Tigers' Lakatos, a safety, was the fastest guy on the field.
11.9) Both will be a tough out in the upcoming state series.

• Love
Reactions: McEvergreen
11.1) The Flyers chrome domes are growing on me.
11.2) Tons of dropped interceptions for each time - lots of nervous energy.
11.3) I THINK the only PF was on the Tigers - late hit on the Tigers. Flyers SHOULD have gotten the evener for a late hit on the Tiger sideline and Pickering went ape poop.
11.4) There is one observation I can't state publicly, but it impacted the Flyer.
11.5) The Flyers have two very solid RBs - not sure who Thunder is and who Lightning is. Both bring the Storm.
11.6) At 6:50 of the GSV video, Iose got his ass sat down on a clean hit on a kick - both dudes were heads up. Flyers' #4 can POP!
11.7) Tigers BLANKETED Benett and they had the dudes to cover the group of Flyers receivers.
11.8) Tigers' Lakatos, a safety, was the fastest guy on the field.
11.9) Both will be a tough out in the upcoming state series.
11.10 Will the IMG game be streamed?

Crusader,
Good game plan by Eville defensive coordinator but the flyers receives were not blanketed With injuries to the O-line the fill ins didn’t do a very good job. So no time to pass. As far as IMG game if o-linemen are back and they block well and defense tackle well again a lot of missed tackles against Eville. The Flyers have a chance against IMG. Otherwise IMG will win.

Crusader,
Good game plan by Eville defensive coordinator but the flyers receives were not blanketed With injuries to the O-line the fill ins didn’t do a very good job. So no time to pass. As far as IMG game if o-linemen are back and they block well and defense tackle well again a lot of missed tackles against Eville. The Flyers have a chance against IMG. Otherwise IMG will win.
You can't tell me what I saw - Flyers were covered. Granted, very little time, but they were not getting open like I have seen. It is OK to give credit to other locals.

That is a STEEP hill, but I am rooting for them!

Eville always play ESL tough. Which I do not understand why they do not put that type of effort in when playoff comes. If you get up to play the Flyers you should put that type of effort into every one.
Eville absolutely puts in the same effort in the playoffs, if not more. A conference championship is always a goal for the Tigers, but a state championship is obviously far more important. The effort from Eville is there, but they have just come up short in the playoffs against better opponents. 8A playoffs are no joke.

Reactions: Alexander32
That there is a team that should be 7-1 but is fighting for their playoff lives Friday at 4-4 & this should not be. That as much as many of you hate the Prep Bowl that the Catholic league is gonna have some pretty good teams in the prep bowl playoffs. Andy finally that political talk isn’t allowed nor should it be but I’ll risk a banishment & say Edgy for President!!!! Feeto for Vice?! :)

THROUGH 8 WEEKS

24 CHICAGO CATHOLIC/ESCC TEAMS IN LEAGUE

Already Playoff Eligible With 5 or more wins
1) Loyola
2) Mt. Carmel
3) Brother Rice
4) Nazareth Academy
5) St. Rita
6) St. Francis of Wheaton
7) Joliet Catholic
8) Marist
9) DePaul
10) Benet
11) Fenwick
12) St. Laurence
13) Montini

4-4 teams needing Week 9 win to get to 5:
1) Immaculate Conception plays at St. Rita (6-2)
2) Providence hosts Joliet Catholic (5-3)
3) Marmion plays at Leo (1-7)

3-5 teams needing Week 9 win to get to 4 and pray for a bid:
1) St. Ignatius hosts Brother Rice (5-3)
2) St. Viator hosts St. Patrick (2-6)
3) Carmel plays at Fenwick (6-2)
4) Notre Dame plays at Marist (7-1)

NO IHSA PLAYOFF CHANCE
1) DeLaSalle
2) Leo
3) Marian Catholic
4) St. Patrick

In 2023, 14 league teams qualified for the playoffs. Three won championships and two finished second.
In 2022, with 22 teams in the league rather than 24, 13 teams qualified for the playoffs. Three won titles and one finished second. (Note: state champ Immaculate Conception was not in the CCL in 2022).

MY GUESSES:
1) Marmion will beat Leo to finish 5-4 and quality.
2) Providence will lose to Joliet Catholic to finish 4-5.
3) Immaculate Conception will lose to St. Rita to finish 4-5.
4) St. Ignatius will lose to Brother Rice to finish 3-6.
5) St. Viator will beat St. Patrick to finish 4-5.
6) Carmel will lose to Fenwick and finish 3-6.
7) Notre Dame will lose to Marist and finish 3-6.

CONCLUSION:
1) If all the above happens, 14 of the 24 CCL/ESCC teams will make the playoffs.
2) the CCL/ESCC contingent of 4-5 teams will include Providence, Immaculate Conception and St. Viator. None of the three will be at the front of the 4-5 line should any of the 4-win teams in the state get a playoff invite.

Reactions: Alexander32
You can't tell me what I saw - Flyers were covered. Granted, very little time, but they were not getting open like I have seen. It is OK to give credit to other locals.

That is a STEEP hill, but I am rooting for them!
Please reread post I did give props to Edwardsville defense. Especially the d coordinator. You going by film I am going by what I saw in person receivers were open. Edwardsville front four just kept pressure and the qb didn’t have time. Again good game plan by the defensive coordinator. Oh and I always root for the 618 when playoff time start can be collinsville or whomever.

🎢 is back in playoffs. Interesting game against LV next week to end regular season. Could be a 3 or 4 way tie for NSC Championship.

If LF beats Mundelein, LZ beats Stevenson and Warren beats Libertyville... it's a 5-way tie.
Wow ... that's crazy
.... I have never seen that. We'll I am hoping for a Warren win. Warren has been hit hard with injuries at key positions this year but Mac makes no excuses - next man up ! 🎢

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT