ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 8!?!?!

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
Yah the temp dropped and it felt like football season. Playoffs coming……meh sorry didn’t mean to break into Micah speak…….

1 - That the unidentified premature demise of Lincoln Way East will not be predicted.
2 - That Sandburg is a nice story.
3 - That they will really decide the NSC on the field this fall.
4 - That we still don’t know how good Neuqua is, but they’re 8-0 is they’re good.
5 - That Naz is just fine
6 - That ditto for Lake Zurich
7 - That swag is into spotting CSL teams points
8 - That the Chicago Christian Military camo unis are sweet - hope they can wear them this week.
9 - That we as a board openly profess to know very little about South Elgin, except they have a Dragon as a coach.
10 - That prospect and Hersey will be tough outs in 7A.

Week 9 should be fun.

If Neuqua can’t cut out the turnovers and stupid penalties they will be an upset victim in week 1 or 2 of the playoffs. I don’t know how they can still be so penalized in week 8.

We haven't had an issue in the 2 years we've used it.

Did you get a flawless piece of equipment or does Naz have some good tech people on staff?

The schools is cut so small it's not worth the aggrevation.
Why do some schools switch to YouTube while others are still stuck with NFHS? For example, St. Viator, as we learned Friday to our disgust, is still with the network. Others were complaining too. It seemed like the whole system was down.

Last edited:
Did you get a flawless piece of equipment or does Naz have some good tech people on staff?

Why do some schools switch to YouTube while others are still stuck with NFHS? For example, St. Viator, as we learned Friday to our disgust, is still with the network. Others were complaining too. It seemed like the whole system was down.
It was down completely. I couldn't find an encore yesterday, either. A few years ago they gave me a full refund when I called to complain

The equipment is really good IMO.

Reed Custer, long a doormat in the I8/ICE, has officially broken out...after torching six of their first 7 opponents but being shut down by Wilmington, the Comets flew over Coal City resoundingly. The Comets dropped 33 points on a Coaler defense that had only given up 14 in its worst defensive game prior to Friday. This is only the fifth time in school history they have won 7 games in a season, and 9-2 is the best record in school history - which they should at worst tie, likely beat.

Didn’t he have limited success against Batavia and PN though?
He got his bell rung on a kick off in the PN game and didn't return (not many offenses are doing much against PN). Batavia was before they settled on him being the full-time featured back.

He got his bell rung on a kick off in the PN game and didn't return (not many offenses are doing much against PN). Batavia was before they settled on him being the full-time featured back.
Got it. I didn’t remember him from the PN game and I didn’t watch the Batavia game.

That a team that is too under the radar for me is the Bolingbrook Raiders. 2 quality, one-score losses to two very good teams and a strong schedule that softened at the right time for a deep playoff run.

Pro-tip: with supply-chain issues and @Cross Bones purchase orders, buy your sand and bags now before the stores run out of them come playoff time😂

That a team that is too under the radar for me is the Bolingbrook Raiders. 2 quality, one-score losses to two very good teams and a strong schedule that softened at the right time for a deep playoff run.

Pro-tip: with supply-chain issues and @Cross Bones purchase orders, buy your sand and bags now before the stores run out of them come playoff time😂
No sandbags here. I wouldnt call The Brook a favorite or even dark horse, but they may be able to knock a favorite or a dark horse off. I would say Loyola is the favorite and then theres everyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT