ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 7!?!?!

Micah forgot to mention 6 personal fouls in games first 15 minutes. That on field bullying BS will catch up to them when they play good teams. Gotta beat teams South of O'Hare some day!
They have beat teams south of Ohara ... probably a shrinking memory. BR Twice, NV, HC, Barrington, etc. Anyway not worth discussiing. See everyone in the playoffs, when the real work starts.
Fair enough. I will ignore your post until the playoffs. You can carry on about Warren I understand your enthusiasm and over the top biased need to tell everyone how great they are. Lets see if they can live up to your hype.
Totally agree. Football starts in the post season. At least we are not talking about everyone in the city or catholic league. If nothing else my post give some balance. I am a fan and probably biased (which I know). At least a few more folks know where Warren is located at now.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
They have beat teams south of Ohara ... probably a shrinking memory. BR Twice, NV, HC, Barrington, etc. Anyway not worth discussiing. See everyone in the playoffs, when the real work starts.

Totally agree. Football starts in the post season. At least we are not talking about everyone in the city or catholic league. If nothing else my post give some balance. I am a fan and probably biased (which I know). At least a few more folks know where Warren is located at now.
Twice against BR ?

Unfortunately based on Micah's return post they're not gonna know where Barrington is since micah thinks they're South of o'hare lol. Shrinking memory perhaps?

Reactions: krock the house
On a serious note Micah Jones I used to love watching your son play back in his high school days how is he doing at Illinois state?

In a way I see what @micahjones is saying. Warren posts a shut out and people like me talk about the offense. Meanwhile some other highly rated teams seem to have cheese cloth D and only a handful of people mention it while gushing over the offense. Those offensive lol teams need to play Warren. I need to see what happens.

In a way I see what @micahjones is saying. Warren posts a shut out and people like me talk about the offense. Meanwhile some other highly rated teams seem to have cheese cloth D and only a handful of people mention it while gushing over the offense. Those offensive lol teams need to play Warren. I need to see what happens.
The irresistible force meets the immovable object.

Micah is outnumbered here, that’s all. I look forward to the playoffs, always fun, good luck to all. PS: Hope Maldonado (sp?) gets to play, JCA needs to move up. 😀

Micah is outnumbered here, that’s all. I look forward to the playoffs, always fun, good luck to all. PS: Hope Maldonado (sp?) gets to play, JCA needs to move up. 😀
I know this sentiment has received a lot of play in the last few weeks. I think most JCA fans agree with it. I would love to see how JCA would do in the 7A playoffs this year and I enjoy debating the "what ifs" regarding the classes and who the best team is. My only issue is when people say a 4A championship would be an embarrassment and this team is a "paper tiger". To say that a 4A or any class championship is a "bogus" championship is an insult to the kids,from any school, who win said championship. This year, I may be a little too close to it, with a son on the team, but I do take personal offense to anyone who attacks this group of young men and anything they accomplish this year.

I know this sentiment has received a lot of play in the last few weeks. I think most JCA fans agree with it. I would love to see how JCA would do in the 7A playoffs this year and I enjoy debating the "what ifs" regarding the classes and who the best team is. My only issue is when people say a 4A championship would be an embarrassment and this team is a "paper tiger". To say that a 4A or any class championship is a "bogus" championship is an insult to the kids,from any school, who win said championship. This year, I may be a little too close to it, with a son on the team, but I do take personal offense to anyone who attacks this group of young men and anything they accomplish this year.
You keep evading the issue by calling such criticism an attack on the young men. For the tenth time,, it's criticism of the administration. The young men had no say in the decision (or failure to decide) of the people in the head offices. I'm sure those kids would love to play to the level of their potential, not to the resume needs of the "adults" in charge.

You keep evading the issue by calling such criticism an attack on the young men. For the tenth time,, it's criticism of the administration. The young men had no say in the decision (or failure to decide) of the people in the head offices. I'm sure those kids would love to play to the level of their potential, not to the resume needs of the "adults" in charge.
So you think JCA should petition up. Of course, you realize that's a 2-year commitment, right? Do you think next year's JCA team will be as good as this year's senior-dominated team? If so, what do you base that on? Your extensive knowledge of the JCA program? That has to be considered, since a team cannot petition up for only one year.

So you think JCA should petition up. Of course, you realize that's a 2-year commitment, right? Do you think next year's JCA team will be as good as this year's senior-dominated team? If so, what do you base that on? Your extensive knowledge of the JCA program? That has to be considered, since a team cannot petition up for only one year.
I'm not asking them to petition up just for this season ...but for he foreseeable future. They're a big time program - period They should play big time in the playoffs every year.

The question JCA needs to ask itself is do they believe they can compete with the bigger schools. Not just this year because we all believe they can this year. Can they compete the next 2, 4 or 5 years? If the answer is yes, then they should move up. I have absolutely no skin in the game weather do or don’t. I would love to see them play LA or Warren this year. It would be fun.

Reactions: USD24
I'm not asking them to petition up just for this season ...but for he foreseeable future. They're a big time program - period They should play big time in the playoffs every year.
The IHSA will move them up based upon their success too.

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
The question JCA needs to ask itself is do they believe they can compete with the bigger schools. Not just this year because we all believe they can this year. Can they compete the next 2, 4 or 5 years? If the answer is yes, then they should move up. I have absolutely no skin in the game weather do or don’t. I would love to see them play LA or Warren this year. It would be fun.
I am pretty optimistic on the immediate future of the football program. However, this is not 1976, 2000, or even 2010.

I believe this years team can play with absolutely anyone in the state or Midwest. And that is due in large part to the current senior class.

while I think the 2022 through 2025 editions of Hilltopper football will be competitive and could well contend for some 5A titles, I have no reason to believe they will have the depth and talent to take on the best 8A programs like this years version does.

it just doesn’t make sense to move up unless some more top flight underclassmen make themselves known real soon. Next year I expect us to be a real competitive mid size school, not the giant killer this years team has the potential to be.

Does MC have the potential to play 8a? Or are they not at that level?

Does MC have the potential to play 8a? Or are they not at that level?
Mt Carmel has won 13 state championships. Of these, two were at the highest level at that time; ten were one level down; and one was two levels down. We've lost five state championship games: two at the highest level at that time, and three at one level down. We lost in the semis in 1987 to East St Louis in the highest level.

In the seven years from 2006 to 2012, we competed in 8A playoffs.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
Nobody is saying anything about the kids, it’s the adults that put them in this situation in their quest to add to their crazy amount of state titles. Do you think Jordan Anderson believes he should be playing against Mascoutah or Loyola? And these questions about whether JCA “can compete for a state title in the higher classes for the next 4 years”. No one is supposed to be guaranteed the opportunity to be in the state title every year by beating smaller teams. I saw that roster. There are more than 60 kids on it. They were not what was dropped off by the school bus from the tiny town of Joliet. They are from all over that area. They should be in a higher class. That’s the last I’m talking about Joliet Catholic. They are a very good team & we will not see them tested again this year. Congrats on your Friday night of Thanksgiving weekend championship.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
Nobody is saying anything about the kids, it’s the adults that put them in this situation in their quest to add to their crazy amount of state titles. Do you think Jordan Anderson believes he should be playing against Mascoutah or Loyola? And these questions about whether JCA “can compete for a state title in the higher classes for the next 4 years”. No one is supposed to be guaranteed the opportunity to be in the state title every year by beating smaller teams. I saw that roster. There are more than 60 kids on it. They were not what was dropped off by the school bus from the tiny town of Joliet. They are from all over that area. They should be in a higher class. That’s the last I’m talking about Joliet Catholic. They are a very good team & we will not see them tested again this year. Congrats on your Friday night of Thanksgiving weekend championship.
Well, Mascoutah beat Jordan and JCA the last time the Hilltoppers were in the playoffs. It's so odd how obsessed you and MC63 are with this.

Last edited:
The thing I hate most about this discussion of programs being too overpowered for the class they're in is that it disrespects the other programs in the class. 4A isn't a weak class because no one will be able to avoid a running clock against JCA. Some of those are going to be very good 4A programs that are as good as they can be. You just can't expect public schools of a few hundred boys and girls to produce teams that can compete with a Bro Rice.

Mt Carmel has won 13 state championships. Of these, two were at the highest level at that time; ten were one level down; and one was two levels down. We've lost five state championship games: two at the highest level at that time, and three at one level down. We lost in the semis in 1987 to East St Louis in the highest level.

In the seven years from 2006 to 2012, we competed in 8A playoffs.
Then why hasn't the administration petitioned up . Must not be at the highest potential. Your words not mine.

I think a team with a great offense will beat the Warren defense. Stevenson moved the ball on Warren. Missed a couple FGs and had a couple drops on TD passes. Zero sacks and zero turnovers. Multiple trips to the red zone. 200+ yards of offense.

Don’t get me wrong, the Warren defense is very good as the lack of points scored against them this year suggests. As the weather gets colder a tough defense will usually beat a good offense.

Should have some awesome matchups in late October and November.

Then why hasn't the administration petitioned up . Must not be at the highest potential. Your words not mine.
Why must you guys be told over and over and over and over again? Mt Carmel plays a predominantly 7A schedule. We''re where we should be. Further, myself and most Carmel guys would welcome being 8A.

Perhaps you could write this down and share it with your buddies. Do a bit of explaining.

Last edited:
The thing I hate most about this discussion of programs being too overpowered for the class they're in is that it disrespects the other programs in the class. 4A isn't a weak class because no one will be able to avoid a running clock against JCA. Some of those are going to be very good 4A programs that are as good as they can be. You just can't expect public schools of a few hundred boys and girls to produce teams that can compete with a Bro Rice.
Try telling those guys.

I saw that roster. There are more than 60 kids on it. They were not what was dropped off by the school bus from the tiny town of Joliet.
Tiny town of Joliet?

Joliet is a city located in Will County Illinois. It is also the county seat of Will County. With a 2020 population of 146,572, it is the 4th largest city in Illinois (after Chicago, Aurora, and Naperville) and the 182nd largest city in the United States .

In the seven years from 2006 to 2012, we competed in 8A playoffs
You didn't answer his question. What about right now? THIS year (and next)?

We both can agree that moving up risks bowing out in the playoffs earlier than they would in their original class. You and I both know that MC can COMPETE in 8A THIS year and FOR SURE next if all the hype about this current young MC squad is to be believed. They would probably beat most of the 8A qualifiers - many of them handily. BUT, can they win the whole thing this year in 8A? It's not beyond the realm of possibility, but their chances of winning the whole thing in 7A are greater than 8A.

Same thing with JCA. You want to blame the JCA administration for what they aren't doing -- which is petitioning to move up (and accepting a much riskier path to a title). For me, I can't blame them for what they are doing, which is protecting their students' strong chances of winning a state title in the class to which they are assigned.

Last edited:
I think a team with a great offense will beat the Warren defense. Stevenson moved the ball on Warren. Missed a couple FGs and had a couple drops on TD passes. Zero sacks and zero turnovers. Multiple trips to the red zone. 200+ yards of offense.

Don’t get me wrong, the Warren defense is very good as the lack of points scored against them this year suggests. As the weather gets colder a tough defense will usually beat a good offense.

Should have some awesome matchups in late October and November.
I watched the Barrington and Maine South games and agree that they are giving up more yards than the 2019 version. But truthfully I expected MS to be able to score more, I consider their coaches the best when it comes to manufacturing needed points. These are good offenses in the discussion, but I'm not ready to concede that they'd put 40 up on everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT