ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 7!?!?!

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
Into the final stretch of the regular season. Two weeks before it gets real.

1 - That I want my football back. Don’t know what my football is, but I want it.
2 - That I think Rice and JCA just scored again.
3 - That the ain’t over til it’s over award is shred this week by Hinsdale Ctrl and Lockport.
4 - That winning 5 games when your program has only won that many the last 4 years is impressive Hampshire.
5 - That I have no idea what’s happened to Huntley.
6 - That the same could be said about Barrington and LZ.
7 - That Fulton’s first run through the NWIC leads to a playoff spot in one of the states best small school conferences.
8 - That we deserve great late season matchups and week 8 doesn’t disappoint.
9 - That st Francis is week to week, aren’t we all?
10 - That Neuqua Valley is still unbeaten and still good and we still don’t know what we don’t know.

Week 8 up next.

Last edited:
Warren plays thier schedule wins & play shut down "D" every week .... really good teams do not have 30 pt bad weeks ... you play your schedule. I am sure in 27 games (25-2) they have played some good & bad teams .... enough said. We will see the haters & detractors in playoffs. Not sure how many local HS programs are asking to play Warren. The flag will play in good or bad weather. Home of six flags 🎢

Warren plays thier schedule wins & play shut down "D" every week .... really good teams do not have 30 pt bad weeks ... you play your schedule. I am sure in 27 games (25-2) they have played some good & bad teams .... enough said. We will see the haters & detractors in playoffs. Not sure how many local HS programs are asking to play Warren. The flag will play in good or bad weather. Home of six flags 🎢
And what will you say when they lose again in the playoffs? Micah you need to look at their strength of schedule. Playing weak competition every week then gloating about their big win and stats won’t help them come playoff time. Let’s see what happens. I agree with you about their defense. Warren is still suspect on offense. The offense is wracking up points against weak competition. We will see what they do against teams that also play defense.

Reactions: sivada2001
I don’t think you can say Warren plays weak competition. Look at their schedule.
Barrington- Typically a top 25 team
Maine South- Top 10 team even in their worst years.
Zion Benton- Not good historically
Lake Zurich- on a dip but had been one of the top 5 7A teams for a decade
Stevenson- on a dip but was a top 8A team for years.
Waukegan/Mundelein- Bad
Libertyville/Lake Forest- Solid programs.

Reactions: Bwm57
I agree. I do not care about regular season. You have supposedly top teams giving up a ton of points but that is okay - really. Warren played a tough team in game 2 after a covid spring & lost by 8 pts. I was referring to playoff teams not regular season (playoff teams played were good/solid teams) over the last couple years. They lost to LWE in state title giving up 1 td & field goal..

I don’t think you can say Warren plays weak competition. Look at their schedule.
Waukegan/Mundelein- Bad
Seriously? C’mon

• Haha
Reactions: BIGR79 and Gene K.
I dunno I base it on playoff points. For a one loss 8A they are right there. They’re conference is traditionally strong but this is a bad year.

Waukegan/Mundelein- Bad
This year yes! Very weak. Every team they have played has a losing record with the exception of MS and they lost that game. We will find out how good Warren is when the playoffs start and they play teams with winning records. So far on the season they are 0-1. The point I was trying to make is Micah doesn’t need to tell everyone every week how good they are. We’re pretty smart we see who they have played, We also see they are doing what is expected to those teams. Nobody including me doesn’t believe they are good. I just don’t know how good and we won’t know until they play teams with winning records. It appears that will happen in the playoffs.

They cannot control that some of the teams in their conference are down. Warren scheduled good teams for non-conference. What else do you want them to do?
No blaming them just pointing out a fact. Micah keeps saying they are over looked and they deserve to move up. They are in the top 3 what else does he want when they haven’t beaten a team with a winning record.

Well they will play two teams with winning records weeks 8 and 9. I know those aren’t considered sexy teams but they do have winning records. I don’t think we know who is really good yet and who isn’t. The playoffs will tell.

This year yes! Very weak. Every team they have played has a losing record with the exception of MS and they lost that game. We will find out how good Warren is when the playoffs start and they play teams with winning records. So far on the season they are 0-1. The point I was trying to make is Micah doesn’t need to tell everyone every week how good they are. We’re pretty smart we see who they have played, We also see they are doing what is expected to those teams. Nobody including me doesn’t believe they are good. I just don’t know how good and we won’t know until they play teams with winning records. It appears that will happen in the playoffs.
This

Well they will play two teams with winning records weeks 8 and 9. I know those aren’t considered sexy teams but they do have winning records. I don’t think we know who is really good yet and who isn’t. The playoffs will tell.
Yes but,
Libertyville lost to Mundelin
Lake Forest lost to Carmel
These losses were two teams with horrible records similar to LWE to Sandburg.
In any case they both have winning records so let’s see how they go. It appears on paper Lake Forest will be the best team left they play before the playoffs. I am not disputing that Warren is good I think they are but I also think they are beatable and of course that has already happened. I don’t believe any team in 8A is a lock. I also don’t believe you move up just because you beat teams with losing records.

Please stop it. They are one of the top teams in Chicagoland area .... I am tired of folks making excuses for traditional powers (catholic, public) who for years beat up on sunpar teams and knowone did not say anything. Now top teams give up huge points and its great offense or great players, off night, etc. There was no football really last year therefore Warren is a top tier team until they show they are not and they have not. If that was LWE, BR, LA beating up on teams people would be praising them. I am one of a few supporters of the Warren program on this site because knowonw really did not kmow who they were. So I will continue to blow my horn until there is a reason to stop ... even of they get knocked off in semi's or quarters how many teams make it that for over a series of years NOT many. Plus I am about kids going to college for free or damn near free. I coached, played, and sent kids to high level college programs. If you know football ..... Warren has tremendous athletes they are academically smart, well coached and play physical & hard football. When you get through playing Warren you kmow you have been in a battle. Like I said earlier the real test is the playoffs ... until then you play & beat your opponents thats all the kids & program can do. If you like football come watch Warren play. They are not throwing the ball 40 times .... just 15-17 times, run the football well and play tier 1 defense. Yes, I can brag about my team every week, that is what these things are for. I would hope others do it as well. Thats the fun of it. Home of six flags signing off for this week. 🎢

Reactions: Hofman and Gene K.
Please stop it. They are one of the top teams in Chicagoland area .... I am tired of folks making excuses for traditional powers (catholic, public) who for years beat up on sunpar teams and knowone did not say anything. Now top teams give up huge points and its great offense or great players, off night, etc. There was no football really last year therefore Warren is a top tier team until they show they are not and they have not. If that was LWE, BR, LA beating up on teams people would be praising them. I am one of a few supporters of the Warren program on this site because knowonw really did not kmow who they were. So I will continue to blow my horn until there is a reason to stop ... even of they get knocked off in semi's or quarters how many teams make it that for over a series of years NOT many. Plus I am about kids going to college for free or damn near free. I coached, played, and sent kids to high level college programs. If you know football ..... Warren has tremendous athletes they are academically smart, well coached and play physical & hard football. When you get through playing Warren you kmow you have been in a battle. Like I said earlier the real test is the playoffs ... until then you play & beat your opponents thats all the kids & program can do. If you like football come watch Warren play. They are not throwing the ball 40 times .... just 15-17 times, run the football well and play tier 1 defense. Yes, I can brag about my team every week, that is what these things are for. I would hope others do it as well. Thats the fun of it. Home of six flags signing off for this week. 🎢

Fair enough. I will ignore your post until the playoffs. You can carry on about Warren I understand your enthusiasm and over the top biased need to tell everyone how great they are. Lets see if they can live up to your hype.

Reactions: LADRN-MCDAD
They cannot control that some of the teams in their conference are down. Warren scheduled good teams for non-conference. What else do you want them to do?
I never said they can “control” their schedule. You stated that it is not “weak” competition. I hate to break it to you, but I don’t think you’re being intellectually honest. Whether Warren’s schedule hurts them come PO time - I have no idea, but it can’t help.

Last edited:
Reactions: crusader_of_90
They cannot control that some of the teams in their conference are down. Warren scheduled good teams for non-conference. What do you want them to do?
Sometimes, schools look good when you schedule them and turn out to be something different the year that you play them. Barrington at 6-0 last spring and 3-4 so far this season is a great example of that.

I haven't watched Warren play a single down of football this fall, but I do watch the standings on the IHSA website. Through the first seven games of this season, Warren has played only one team with a current winning record, and the Blue Devils lost that home game to Maine South. I understand that doesn't tell the full story. You can't just take one aspect of a season (scheduling, in this case), and have it become the sole reason for success or lack thereof. On the other hand, it is my opinion that the deeper into the season we are, the more weight the scheduling factor should be given.

Reactions: corey90
Micah forgot to mention 6 personal fouls in games first 15 minutes. That on field bullying BS will catch up to them when they play good teams. Gotta beat teams South of O'Hare some day!
I watched the game. They didn’t help themselves but I can tell you there was a lot of ticky tack as well.

And last I checked Brother Rice Neuqua Valley Hinsdale Central and Bolingbrook are all south of ORD.

Sometimes, schools look good when you schedule them and turn out to be something different the year that you play them. Barrington at 6-0 last spring and 3-4 so far this season is a great example of that.

I haven't watched Warren play a single down of football this fall, but I do watch the standings on the IHSA website. Through the first seven games of this season, Warren has played only one team with a current winning record, and the Blue Devils lost that home game to Maine South. I understand that doesn't tell the full story. You can't just take one aspect of a season (scheduling, in this case), and have it become the sole reason for success or lack thereof. On the other hand, it is my opinion that the deeper into the season we are, the more weight the scheduling factor should be given.
Which is why you should take into account their last two opponents. Libertyville is 5-2, Lake Forest 6-1. You may not get the wow factor but those two will finish in the playoffs. Trust me when I say it, Warren would play anyone anywhere if they could but a usually strong conference isn’t this year. Even with that being said they’ll finish with 42-44 playoff points which would be at or near the top of all 1-loss teams in 8A.

Reactions: brucealmighy
Which is why you should take into account their last two opponents. Libertyville is 5-2, Lake Forest 6-1. You may not get the wow factor but those two will finish in the playoffs. Trust me when I say it, Warren would play anyone anywhere if they could but a usually strong conference isn’t this year. Even with that being said they’ll finish with 42-44 playoff points which would be at or near the top of all 1-loss teams in 8A.
I'll surely take Lake Forest into account, although their loss to a 2-5 Carmel team sticks out like a sore spot on their otherwise strong record.

L'ville I'm not so sure about. They were crushed by Lake Forest, and they lost to Mundelein who just got skunked by Warren by a sh!t ton. L'ville could easily finish at 5-4. Their signature win will be Evanston, with the Wildkits likely being a 5-4 finisher.

Reactions: corey90
I'll surely take Lake Forest into account, although their loss to a 2-5 Carmel team sticks out like a sore spot on their otherwise strong record.

L'ville I'm not so sure about. They were crushed by Lake Forest, and they lost to Mundelein who just got skunked by Warren by a sh!t ton. L'ville could easily finish at 5-4. Their signature win will be Evanston, with the Wildkits likely being a 5-4 finisher.
True. Lake forest did beat St Francis at their place week 1. Lib lost b2b games minus a couple key guys.

In any other year this league reps well in the post season. This year won’t be one of them. LF could make a decent run but Iggy and CG will be in their way.

I knew after the MS game they likely wouldn’t get tested. Maybe they do the next two weeks but I doubt it. Nonetheless they are still one of the contenders in 8A on a list that seems to grow each week.

Reactions: Cross Bones

While I am in no way a Warren football fan I am a Lake County Football follower and I can tell you having seen both Libertyville and Lake Forest in action this year Warren is going to dominate both of those teams in spite of all of the Unsportsmanlike conduct/ticky tack fouls they commit. Libertyville can't throw the ball and Lake Forest doesn't want to throw the ball. Warren will take away completely both of those options for both of those teams. Hate to say it but I'm not sure either one of those teams are going to score against them since they are both one dimensional. Warren won't get tested until at earliest round 2 if not 3 of the playoffs when possibly Maine South or south of Ohare comes into play.

Reactions: LakeCtyNewt
While I am in no way a Warren football fan I am a Lake County Football follower and I can tell you having seen both Libertyville and Lake Forest in action this year Warren is going to dominate both of those teams in spite of all of the Unsportsmanlike conduct/ticky tack fouls they commit. Libertyville can't throw the ball and Lake Forest doesn't want to throw the ball. Warren will take away completely both of those options for both of those teams. Hate to say it but I'm not sure either one of those teams are going to score against them since they are both one dimensional. Warren won't get tested until at earliest round 2 if not 3 of the playoffs when possibly Maine South or south of Ohare comes into play.
Can the Stangs get 5?

I'm a Micah fan and proud bearer of the Flags. I'm an unadulterated homer too. But my statements here - as everyone's are - are up to scrutiny. And, I've ripped the Flyers openly too - that's no secret.

Warren is a newcomer to the dance, so to speak. They gotta earn their bones.

Two issues I'd point out, about the veracity of your statements and hyperbole.

1) "Plus I am about kids going to college for free or damn near free. I coached, played, and sent kids to high-level college programs." Then be honest, not a hype man or no one will believe you.

2) When you out-of-the-blue chime in that Warren has the DBs to stop the ESL air attack ... that's a tall order and I can't believe you really believe that. Bosco gave up 26 and CBC, a national top 100 team, gave up 48. And it's not just the DBs - it's the upfront play that impacts it too. Do you really think Warren hold the Flyers to less than 26?

All that said, best of luck! Wave that flag!

I'm a Micah fan and proud bearer of the Flags. I'm an unadulterated homer too. But my statements here - as everyone's are - are up to scrutiny. And, I've ripped the Flyers openly too - that's no secret.

Warren is a newcomer to the dance, so to speak. They gotta earn their bones.

Two issues I'd point out, about the veracity of your statements and hyperbole.

1) "Plus I am about kids going to college for free or damn near free. I coached, played, and sent kids to high-level college programs." Then be honest, not a hype man or no one will believe you.

2) When you out-of-the-blue chime in that Warren has the DBs to stop the ESL air attack ... that's a tall order and I can't believe you really believe that. Bosco gave up 26 and CBC, a national top 100 team, gave up 48. And it's not just the DBs - it's the upfront play that impacts it too. Do you really think Warren hold the Flyers to less than 26?

All that said, best of luck! Wave that flag!

As in most things, a bit of sensibility goes a long way.

Last edited:
Totally agree. Like I said, Warren is getting ready for the playoffs. You play the schedule they give you. It is about staying healthy and making final adjustments.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT