ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 5?!?!

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
Hard to believe we are more than halfway through the regular season.

1 - That Iggy popped the men from Carmel.
2 - That we don’t really know all that much after this past Friday.
3 - That we still aren’t talking about Neuqua enough.
4 - That this time next week we will have our first qualifiers for the playoffs - damn that feels good.
5 - That Naperville Ctrl is having trouble running the ball and Geneseo throws it a lot. Something is amiss.
6 - That after a near 30-year consecutive runs to the state playoffs, Stevenson likely misses in back 2 back years.
7 - That Lena-Winslow will make the 1A playoffs not fun for everyone else.
8 - That the rivalry between Evanston and New Trier still can provide an upset or two.
9 - That a 49 yard game winning field goal at any level is impressive, but for a Frosh B game, wow.
10 - That it was true then as it is today, no football official has ever lost a game for a team or won a game for the victors.

Those are my thoughts for week 5.

That Lockport might have the best defense in the state. They've given up 7 points in 5 weeks. Weeks 7 & 8 against the Brook and LWE will tell the tale of just how good the Porters and their defense are.

Reactions: Anomalyout28
Micah (Home of six flags) will have a lot to say about this post. Lol
Lol right!
Micah said the same thing back in 2019. LWE blanked them in the championship game. I would slow the roll on LP. Their big win was against HF and the jury is still out on just how good they are this year. The game against BB and LWE will tell us a lot about LP. I assure you they won’t blank East and they won’t run up the score. It will be close game and from what I see right now it could go either way. I am just happy LP has helped the conference get stronger. They are no longer a push over and it appears the new coach has changed the culture there.

That Lockport might have the best defense in the state. They've given up 7 points in 5 weeks. Weeks 7 & 8 against the Brook and LWE will tell the tale of just how good the Porters and their defense are.
Do not underestimate the challenge Lockport will host in upcoming Week 6 in the form of LWWest. Although standing at 2-3, their losses have been to Hersey (5-0), Oswego East (5-0) and Bolingbrook (4-1, only loss to LWE). In spite of West having 1800 less students in this cross-over game, their offense has 3 as formidable skill-position weapons as any defense would have to face from one opponent.

4 - That this time next week we will have our first qualifiers for the playoffs - damn that feels good.
5 - That Naperville Ctrl is having trouble running the ball and Geneseo throws it a lot. Something is amiss.
6 - That after a near 30-year consecutive runs to the state playoffs, Stevenson likely misses in back 2 back years.
8 - That the rivalry between Evanston and New Trier still can provide an upset or two.
9 - That a 49 yard game winning field goal at any level is impressive, but for a Frosh B game, wow.
10 - That it was true then as it is today, no football official has ever lost a game for a team or won a game for the victors.

That running a jet sweep on a rain soaked, slippery grass field is not a good play call. Especially when it’s 2nd and 3 from your own 7 yard line

Reactions: Gene K.
That this is not your father's CG offensive dominated by the fullback. PR was determined to take away the FB, and we see how that worked out for them.

Do not underestimate the challenge Lockport will host in upcoming Week 6 in the form of LWWest. Although standing at 2-3, their losses have been to Hersey (5-0), Oswego East (5-0) and Bolingbrook (4-1, only loss to LWE). In spite of West having 1800 less students in this cross-over game, their offense has 3 as formidable skill-position weapons as any defense would have to face from one opponent.
I have a real tough time believing that LWW has the best 3 skilled players/combo in the state.

I have a real tough time believing that LWW has the best 3 skilled players/combo in the state.
I should have said "their defense" (on Lockport's regular season schedule) instead of "any defense." Good catch.

I remember 2 (think they were brothers) who was the 3rd?

I remember 2 (think they were brothers) who was the 3rd?
I think the 6-3 soph QB is doing a better job each week: getting the ball accurately down the field vertical to WR brother #3, getting the ball on target in open space out of the backfield to TB brother #2 and keeping the ball himself vertically off run fakes to the capable run game featuring TB brother #2.

Reactions: Cross Bones

Re: #10. Except for the Fenwick debacle from a couple/few years ago

Home of six flags won again in dominant fashion. In stead of talking about Warren on the rise we talk about Stevenson. If you know NSC football this has been coming for a while ... the talent gap is huge. Warren has #'s and talent at youth level that carries over to high school level. Kids are staying home instead of going private. For the kids who commit to Mcnulty accountability philosophy they get college football program exposure. This is about kids getting education dollars who cannot afford it. The Mcnulty kids have great grades, zero character issues allowed, 6am weight room year around, and the kids go to off sesson training and compete in development showcases as well. Warren will continue to ride under the radar until playoff time. They have a different offense post MS. When you play good teams early ..
you make adjustments early .... win or lose. Warren may still have the best defense in the state. Thats thier identity.
The fall/bad weather is coming. 8A is wide open ... fyi - everyone just looked over BR & LA giving up 400 yards & 40 points against each other. I still think LWE & Warren are made for the playoffs. It is great to see the other 8A programs doing well in regular season. Just great to have high school football back. Just a few six flags thoughts from this past week. Have a blessed week everyone. Home of six flags 🎢💪🏾💪🏽🙏🏽

Reactions: Gene K. and lucersg
Home of six flags won again in dominant fashion. In stead of talking about Warren on the rise we talk about Stevenson. If you know NSC football this has been coming for a while ... the talent gap is huge. Warren has #'s and talent at youth level that carries over to high school level. Kids are staying home instead of going private. For the kids who commit to Mcnulty accountability philosophy they get college football program exposure. This is about kids getting education dollars who cannot afford it. The Mcnulty kids have great grades, zero character issues allowed, 6am weight room year around, and the kids go to off sesson training and compete in development showcases as well. Warren will continue to ride under the radar until playoff time. They have a different offense post MS. When you play good teams early ..
you make adjustments early .... win or lose. Warren may still have the best defense in the state. Thats thier identity.
The fall/bad weather is coming. 8A is wide open ... fyi - everyone just looked over BR & LA giving up 400 yards & 40 points against each other. I still think LWE & Warren are made for the playoffs. It is great to see the other 8A programs doing well in regular season. Just great to have high school football back. Just a few six flags thoughts from this past week. Have a blessed week everyone. Home of six flags 🎢💪🏾💪🏽🙏🏽
Ride under the radar?😂😂😂

Re: #10. Except for the Fenwick debacle from a couple/few years ago
Funny you pick a random play yet you haven’t a clue the rule. Being critical is one thing, being able to do that on the field at that very moment is something else. I’d welcome you to grab a whistle if you think you’re up for it.

The best hype-man in the biz!

Funny you pick a random play yet you haven’t a clue the rule. Being critical is one thing, being able to do that on the field at that very moment is something else. I’d welcome you to grab a whistle if you think you’re up for it.
You are a tad bit harsh pal. I know the rule inside and out. I’m just pointing out your statement was objectively false I’m having some fun and you get your panties in a bunch Chill dude it’s a beautiful Sunday evening

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
That JCA is deep, especially on the offensive side of the ball. They have handled some pretty good teams and are averaging 43 points a game without one of the best running backs in the state.
Hoping Jordan gets healthy in time for Rice

And I forgot to shout out about the Dukes of York. 99% sure they will be in the tournament. The 6th win might not be this weekend but Fitz has done an outstanding job at York. The defense is solid. The 7 the Lions of Lyons scored was a pick 6 The offense is solid too. Great balance with run and pass

Reactions: RD_Watcher
That Oswego can beat you with the run or the pass
That Oswego East is still undefeated. A showdown with Oswego and Plainfield North coming up.
That round robin will certainly decide the conference. Feel like a lot of people are sleeping on Plainfield North.

Reactions: Fioras
That Oswego can beat you with the run or the pass

That round robin will certainly decide the conference. Feel like a lot of people are sleeping on Plainfield North.
To be fair, they couldnt beat Batavia or Nequa with either. ;)

To be fair, they couldnt beat Batavia or Nequa with either. ;)
I don't even remember posting that. To be fair, both those teams are 5-0 and ranked in the top 10 and both games could have gone either way. The OL and Defensive front (including LB'ers) are getting better and they've decided on a QB.

Reactions: USD24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT