ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 4!?!?

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
First off, a big shout out to Edgy nation. It’s very flattering to get thousands of views and hundreds of replies each week.

That said, here we go.

1 - That Hersey appears to be ok
2 - That ESL LWE DGN BARR and LT appear to have separated themselves from the rest of the pack.
3 - That defense does win championships unless you can score like Althofd can then it doesn’t matter.
4 - That St Frank went from wow to ow n one week.
5 - That the CCL is beating each other up - weekly.
6 - That I worry about the Hitters. I think many should.
7 - That we should just tell LWE opponents that they will score 49 points - they’ve done it every week so far.
8 - That Wilmington is dominant, again. Bad news for 2A or 3a depending where they fall.
9 - That for all the talk about great quarterbacks in the state, the one at Barrington is pretty good - Maine south found out recently.
10 - That we should worry about Lake Zurich too.

My thoughts from an otherwise tame week.

The MC pass defense problem seems to fixed as they allowed 0 passing yards vs Ignatius. Now about those 330 rushing yards they let up……

• Haha
Reactions: ODirty1
That after making the 4A title game last year and losing to Rochester, St. Laurence may be the favorites in 4A this year, given the results of some the other contenders in Week 4.
Any thoughts from Soucie or others on whether Morris is more likely to end up in 4A or 5A?

If 4A, they could very well be in the South bracket as Coal City was in both '22 and '23.

First off, a big shout out to Edgy nation. It’s very flattering to get thousands of views and hundreds of replies each week.

That said, here we go.

1 - That Hersey appears to be ok
2 - That ESL LWE DGN BARR and LT appear to have separated themselves from the rest of the pack.
3 - That defense does win championships unless you can score like Althofd can then it doesn’t matter.
4 - That St Frank went from wow to ow n one week.
5 - That the CCL is beating each other up - weekly.
6 - That I worry about the Hitters. I think many should.
7 - That we should just tell LWE opponents that they will score 49 points - they’ve done it every week so far.
8 - That Wilmington is dominant, again. Bad news for 2A or 3a depending where they fall.
9 - That for all the talk about great quarterbacks in the state, the one at Barrington is pretty good - Maine south found out recently.
10 - That we should worry about Lake Zurich too.

My thoughts from an otherwise tame week.
DGN and LT haven’t separated from York. At least not yet. Let’s let those games play out.

4a/7a/8a are wide open this year. Great to see.
Not to sound cocky but I still think LWE is on another level than any others in 8A. If they played DGN or LT who you would bet money on. I want to see LWE vs LA personally but I don’t know that will happen this year based on how LA is playing this year. Hey it’s HS so anything can happen but I was putting money down I am betting LWE.

I have real concern for Lisle’s program (and therefore the current construction of the ICE conference) going forward.
Lisle, to my understanding, does not have any lower level teams, has low numbers on the varsity roster, and has been getting absolutely pummeled every week.
It’s really quite shockening how bad they are with their location.

Lisle and Westmont shouldn’t be this bad

DePaul and Fenwick are the best CCL teams on the Northside (north of Madison) not called LA. Can DPCP give the Ramblers a game this week? We might hear something on week 5 of this thread.

After making his IHSA Football debut on Friday the 13th, my daughter's Black Cat "Stinky" is now 2-0 for JCA. They weren't necesarilly the most attractive wins, but against a quality opponent, a win is a win.

He didn't seem to be concentrating and paying attention as much against Marist, like the Fenwick game when he spent the entire game on my keyboard.

Now JCA enters the hardest part of their schedule and Stinky really has his work cut out for him.

I suppose he could be convinced to root for your team for a small fee. He's usually willing to work for Turkey meat, Chicken Nuggets or Lactose Free milk. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT