ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 3!?!?!?

This is my only account. I just happened to read your user name, and the fact that you were accusing someone of doing just that...thought it was odd. I'm 100% sure you won't let me get in "the last word", I will let it go. Have at it, and insult away.

13. That there's a lot of elevated testosterone, and maybe estrogen, on this board and it's starting to look like The Huffington Post. If the actual high school players themselves are watching this board, they have to be shaking their heads.

Bingo!

This is my only account. I just happened to read your user name, and the fact that you were accusing someone of doing just that...thought it was odd. I'm 100% sure you won't let me get in "the last word", I will let it go. Have at it, and insult away.
You
you guys need the SOP for posting on edgy’s website. Lol. I have not received mine yet so I’m posting very carefully.

Wow you just won’t stop whining so here you go with the reference linked. Once a committee is formed we can adapt and then adopt these rules.

I violate #2,4,5,6,10, & 14 often...

1. Before posting your question to a discussion board, check if anyone has asked it already and received a reply. Just as you wouldn’t repeat a topic of discussion right after it happened in real life, don’t do that in discussion boards either.
  2. Stay on topic – Don’t post irrelevant links, comments, thoughts, or pictures.
  3. Don’t type in ALL CAPS! If you do, it will look like you’re screaming.
  4. Don’t write anything that sounds angry or sarcastic, even as a joke, because without hearing your tone of voice, your peers might not realize you’re joking.
  5. Always remember to say “Please” and “Thank you” when soliciting help from your classmates.
  6. Respect the opinions of your classmates. If you feel the need to disagree, do so respectfully and acknowledge the valid points in your classmate’s argument. Acknowledge that others are entitled to have their own perspective on the issue.
  7. If you reply to a question from a classmate, make sure your answer is accurate! If you’re not 100% sure when the paper is due, DO NOT GUESS! Otherwise, you could really mess things up for your classmates and they will not appreciate it.
  8. If you ask a question and many people respond, summarize all answers and post that summary to benefit your whole class.
  9. Be brief. If you write a long dissertation in response to a simple question, it’s unlikely that anyone will spend the time to read through it all.
  10. Don’t badmouth others or call them stupid. You may disagree with their ideas, but don’t mock the person.
  11. If you refer to something your classmate said earlier in the discussion, quote justa few key lines from their post so that others wont have to go back and figure out which post you’re referring to.
  12. Before asking a question, check the class FAQs or search the internet to see if the answer is obvious or easy to find.
  13. Check the most recent comments before you reply to an older comment, since the issue might have already been resolved or opinions may have changed.
  14. Be forgiving. If your classmate makes a mistake, don’t badger him or her for it. Just let it go – it happens to the best of us.
  15. Run a spelling and grammar check before posting anything to the discussion board. It only takes a minute, and can make the difference between sounding like a fool and sounding knowledgeable.
http://blogs.onlineeducation.touro.edu/15-rules-netiquette-online-discussion-boards/

You

you guys need the SOP for posting on edgy’s website. Lol. I have not received mine yet so I’m posting very carefully.

Wow you just won’t stop whining so here you go with the reference linked. Once a committee is formed we can adapt and then adopt these rules.

1. Before posting your question to a discussion board, check if anyone has asked it already and received a reply. Just as you wouldn’t repeat a topic of discussion right after it happened in real life, don’t do that in discussion boards either.
  2. Stay on topic – Don’t post irrelevant links, comments, thoughts, or pictures.
  4. Don’t write anything that sounds angry or sarcastic, even as a joke, because without hearing your tone of voice, your peers might not realize you’re joking.
  5. Always remember to say “Please” and “Thank you” when soliciting help from your classmates.
  6. Respect the opinions of your classmates. If you feel the need to disagree, do so respectfully and acknowledge the valid points in your classmate’s argument. Acknowledge that others are entitled to have their own perspective on the issue.
  7. If you reply to a question from a classmate, make sure your answer is accurate! If you’re not 100% sure when the paper is due, DO NOT GUESS! Otherwise, you could really mess things up for your classmates and they will not appreciate it.
  8. If you ask a question and many people respond, summarize all answers and post that summary to benefit your whole class.
  9. Be brief. If you write a long dissertation in response to a simple question, it’s unlikely that anyone will spend the time to read through it all.
  10. Don’t badmouth others or call them stupid. You may disagree with their ideas, but don’t mock the person.
  11. If you refer to something your classmate said earlier in the discussion, quote justa few key lines from their post so that others wont have to go back and figure out which post you’re referring to.
  12. Before asking a question, check the class FAQs or search the internet to see if the answer is obvious or easy to find.
  13. Check the most recent comments before you reply to an older comment, since the issue might have already been resolved or opinions may have changed.
  14. Be forgiving. If your classmate makes a mistake, don’t badger him or her for it. Just let it go – it happens to the best of us.
  15. Run a spelling and grammar check before posting anything to the discussion board. It only takes a minute, and can make the difference between sounding like a fool and sounding knowledgeable.
http://blogs.onlineeducation.touro.edu/15-rules-netiquette-online-discussion-boards/
That post was too long. I got yelled at for long post and that was longer. Lol.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
If the posters are gonna be chastised for something, please be consistent. Please and thank you

TL/DR

;)

So there is a SOP!

You didn’t like the last one so perhaps this is better jchill-lite. By the way you’ve graduated from Whiny to just flat out Bitchy.

https://drexel.edu/~/media/Files/inspire/pdf/forum_guidelines_2.ashx

1. This discussion forum is for educational purposes. Shared knowledge helps us all to learn more. Please respect that this forum is for educational purposes only.
2. Please hold to a single topic for each thread. Be sure to list your topic in the message header/subject box before sending. This will aid the reader(s) in identifying the topic.
3. In responding the discussion questions posted, please answer the question completely.
4. You can suggest ideas, but remember we should base our opinions with evidence,
research, and scholarly writings. You are expected to support your comments with the literature. You are encouraged to post internet links, articles in your postings to aid in understanding however you must also include reference to scholarly literature.
5. Original postings and replies should be relevant and contain substance. Please refrain from 'I agree' or 'yes' replies; this will aid in respecting your classmates time spent in the discussion board.
6. Please remember people are sensitive towards criticism or perceived criticism, keep responses positive and constructive.
7. If you read a posting and feel that the replier misunderstood your post, give the writer the benefit of the doubt. Communicating on-line is very difficult. Not everyone has the needed writing expertise to adequately express themselves.
8. Please post your questions regarding the topic rather than in email, many will benefit from the answers as well as discussion.
9. I reserve the right to delete any inappropriate message or messages not in accordance with these guidelines. This is a subjective decision; but I will use common sense.
10. Please ‘sign’ your post by including your name on the post.
11. My expectation is that you read every posting and reply to a minimum of 3 posts in a
manner that can lend further insight, and/or offer a different perspective. Your grade will
include quality and quantity of responses. (see grading rubric for more detail)
12. You must log on to the Discussion Board a minimum of 3 separate days during the time
that the discussion is active. (in other words, you cannot do all your posts on one day)
13. ‘Spell check’ all posts prior to posting.
14. Responses should indicate agreement/disagreement and why. You might offer an
alternative explanation or provide peers with additional information, such as an article or website.

You asked for one too. Don’t worry, I took the heat. I’m the Whinney one. Lol

You didn’t like the last one so perhaps this is better jchill-lite. By the way you’ve graduated from Whiny to just flat out Bitchy.

1. This discussion forum is for educational purposes. Shared knowledge helps us all to learn more. Please respect that this forum is for educational purposes only.
2. Please hold to a single topic for each thread. Be sure to list your topic in the message header/subject box before sending. This will aid the reader(s) in identifying the topic.
3. In responding the discussion questions posted, please answer the question completely.
4. You can suggest ideas, but remember we should base our opinions with evidence,
research, and scholarly writings. You are expected to support your comments with the literature. You are encouraged to post internet links, articles in your postings to aid in understanding however you must also include reference to scholarly literature.
5. Original postings and replies should be relevant and contain substance. Please refrain from 'I agree' or 'yes' replies; this will aid in respecting your classmates time spent in the discussion board.
6. Please remember people are sensitive towards criticism or perceived criticism, keep responses positive and constructive.
7. If you read a posting and feel that the replier misunderstood your post, give the writer the benefit of the doubt. Communicating on-line is very difficult. Not everyone has the needed writing expertise to adequately express themselves.
8. Please post your questions regarding the topic rather than in email, many will benefit from the answers as well as discussion.
9. I reserve the right to delete any inappropriate message or messages not in accordance with these guidelines. This is a subjective decision; but I will use common sense.
11. My expectation is that you read every posting and reply to a minimum of 3 posts in a
manner that can lend further insight, and/or offer a different perspective. Your grade will
12. You must log on to the Discussion Board a minimum of 3 separate days during the time
that the discussion is active. (in other words, you cannot do all your posts on one day)
14. Responses should indicate agreement/disagreement and why. You might offer an
alternative explanation or provide peers with additional information, such as an article or website.
Oh boy. I’ve graduated. Lol

What’s after flat out bitchy???? I need to strive for the next level. Lol. Don’t remember bitching about anything. Just asked for sop which was a running joke here. Didn’t think one would be posted. But okay. This must be a no fun forum. Need to add that to sop too. Lmao

Jwar
You do realize the team helps write the SOP. This gives the fellow board members more buy in. Just saying.

In addition to these excellent SOP’s - I would like a Technical manual to reference so I can improve my forum game and become a better poster. Specifically -

1 How do you post external internet links into forum posts? I just saw JWAR do it TWICE and I have yet to master this (I have tried twice in the dumpster fire thread and failed both times)

2 how do you post your own images or word docs or excel sheets into a forum post? I see Clown do it for the Dukane weekly game pickers year to date rankings!!

3. Videos from the internet - have not been able to do this but only tried once

4 GIFs/Memes - I have had some luck getting a GIF or two into a post but normally I fail 90 percent of the time and a tiny blank picture frame is all that gets loaded to the post.

Thank you in advance!

I made a remark about a sop and I’m bitchy. You request a technical manual. What are you????? Lol. This ought to be good.

You can’t direct upload - the images/docs/files have to be hosted online and a link to those files - using the appropriate button links above - allows you to past the file URL. When posted, that file, Will seem to reside here but it’s only been viewed here - not hosted.

Example: type some words

Highlight those words. Click link - that’s how you have Text Hyperlink instead of the long string URL.

You can’t direct upload - the images/docs/files have to be hosted online and a link to those files - using the appropriate button links above - allows you to past the file URL. When posted, that file, Will seem to reside here but it’s only been viewed here - not hosted.

Example: type some words

Highlight those words. Click link - that’s how you have Text Hyperlink instead of the long string URL.

Thanks!!
Not sure I can do all that from my phone. I’m going to play around with it from my laptop tomorrow or Wednesday in a test thread. I’m going to name it “new guy test thread” or something to that effect;)

tenor.gif

Absolutely Corey that’s why I requested a team, but Jchill-lite kept pushing for results so I went online for public docs to get the process started and requested feedback.

Jwar
You do realize the team helps write the SOP. This gives the fellow board members more buy in. Just saying.

We learned that some posters are already in mid season snark... oh it is mid season...

There is no protocol or SOP, and watching all this is frankly embarrassing. This place is message boarding at a JV level lately.

Just be respectful of the site, the owner, the players and coaches, and if possible, the fans. It's common sense folks.

If you need people to explain to you how to post, well, yikes.

Reactions: Quags57
There is no protocol or SOP, and watching all this is frankly embarrassing. This place is message boarding at a JV level lately.

Just be respectful of the site, the owner, the players and coaches, and if possible, the fans. It's common sense folks.

Thumbs up comments epic! I was just ready to hire a lawyer to review my posts before I posted them LOL

You don’t see anything nothing wrong with a technical manual to help us newer posters obtain the ability to do all the cool GIFs, Memes, videos do you?

Maybe I’m not a technical savant - but I find it very frustrating when I can’t excecute as well as the top teams. I need coaching and practice so I can forum compete!

Why does everyone seem so amped up today? What did I miss?

It is 9/11 so a bit of a somber day for certain, but I think it’s time we all need to look into ourselves and remember it’s okay to laugh...perhaps, even should be our first response to anything! People also need to learn to laugh at themselves, because taking yourself so seriously all the time is going to lead to a short and not-very-enjoyable life. The quote from Stripes...lighten up Francis...is oft used but no one ever wants to use it on reflection. Maybe just maybe, it’s time for all of us to learn to laugh again, and to laugh hardest at ourselves!

You don’t see anything nothing wrong with a technical manual to help us newer posters obtain the ability to do all the cool GIFs, Memes, videos do you?

Maybe I’m not a technical savant - but I find it very frustrating when I can’t excecute as well as the top teams. I need coaching and practice so I can forum compete!

One thing my grandma always said was "If you can't say something nice, gif it all".

Felice, York would "stomp" Lake Park, and I am willing to be that Lake Park would compete with IC. I heard IC backed out of playing York next Season, game 1. Why are you so negative? Is it because you use elmhurst as a recruiting area and all you want to do is make other teams look bad so you can sell the Naz-dream? This is a great thread. Stop with the rhetoric. I'm sure Lake Park (or York) would have no issue playing IC or Naz. You seem like such a stout liberal (lol). But 3A vs 8A is how kids end seasons. IC is too good and too smart a smaller program to play ego ball or be stupid. Great Coaches and Great Programs put their kids in the best position for team and individual success. Good for you IC in not playing that game next year. Very smart coaching.

Seems a little out of line to attack a guy personally because he has an opinion on York vs. IC. IC would beat York in this moment. York is a program on the rise, Fitz will keep Elmhurst kids home in the upcoming years but RIGHT NOW? IC has more talent than York does. These are factual statements, nothing to do with recruiting or personal attacks. Does Naz really have a foothold in Elmhurst orrrrrr is it the back to back state champions that reside in Elmhurst? I feel like we can be adults and not attack anyone personally. Naz/Rack/Felice are a class program.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT