ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 3!?!?!?

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
Hard to believe we hit the one-third pole and for some teams it hurt! Lol see what I did there?

Where we go........

1 - That when you get knocked out of bounds at the goal line to end the game it’s not because your team got outcoached. You just got beat.
2 - That it’s quietly a good story but York is 2-1 and looking good early.
3 - That the narrative of Phillips dominating Illinois took a right cross to the chin from Simeon.
4 - That Simeon is good and deserves our attention.
5 - That Hersey deserves our attention too.
6 - That despite losing practically its entire offense from a year ago, Barrington is 3-0, all road wins all against teams that won playoff games last year. No excuses, they’re good.
7 - That Edwardsville May not have many toes left after their recent loss to ESL.
8 - That Huntley’s table is ready in the FVC, at least for this week.
9 - That the panic lines into St Rita are quelled for one week at least.
10 - That oh so quietly Brother Rice is 3-0, which is odd considering their Edgy presence.

That’s all for this week

Hard to believe we hit the one-third pole and for some teams it hurt! Lol see what I did there?

Where we go........

1 - That when you get knocked out of bounds at the goal line to end the game it’s not because your team got outcoached. You just got beat.
2 - That it’s quietly a good story but York is 2-1 and looking good early.
3 - That the narrative of Phillips dominating Illinois took a right cross to the chin from Simeon.
4 - That Simeon is good and deserves our attention.
5 - That Hersey deserves our attention too.
6 - That despite losing practically its entire offense from a year ago, Barrington is 3-0, all road wins all against teams that won playoff games last year. No excuses, they’re good.
7 - That Edwardsville May not have many toes left after their recent loss to ESL.
9 - That the panic lines into St Rita are quelled for one week at least.
10 - That oh so quietly Brother Rice is 3-0, which is odd considering their Edgy presence.

That’s all for this week
11 - That LWE Can’t make the initial list every week.

Reactions: RockSoup
6 - That despite losing practically its entire offense from a year ago, Barrington is 3-0, all road wins all against teams that won playoff games last year.

Would love to see this matchup rather than a 3A vs an 8A...hopefully come playoff time

6 - That despite losing practically its entire offense from a year ago, Barrington is 3-0, all road wins all against teams that won playoff games last year.

Would love to see this matchup rather than a 3A vs an 8A...hopefully come playoff time
I'm surprised CG and Barrington have yet to play after all these years. They're only 5 miles apart and play each other on the junior level. It can't be a size disparity, CG is already playing 10A Huntley.

That after the MC/LA pick in colorful fashion.....DustyOfSelection is both poet and prophet.

That the groundskeeper in Woodstock can only do so much.

That Oswego is still the king of the Southwest Prairie.

Reactions: NazDad
IC would stomp York, yes I know York is 8a
Felice, York would "stomp" Lake Park, and I am willing to be that Lake Park would compete with IC. I heard IC backed out of playing York next Season, game 1. Why are you so negative? Is it because you use elmhurst as a recruiting area and all you want to do is make other teams look bad so you can sell the Naz-dream? This is a great thread. Stop with the rhetoric. I'm sure Lake Park (or York) would have no issue playing IC or Naz. You seem like such a stout liberal (lol). But 3A vs 8A is how kids end seasons. IC is too good and too smart a smaller program to play ego ball or be stupid. Great Coaches and Great Programs put their kids in the best position for team and individual success. Good for you IC in not playing that game next year. Very smart coaching.

Felice, York would "stomp" Lake Park, and I am willing to be that Lake Park would compete with IC. I heard IC backed out of playing York next Season, game 1. Why are you so negative? Is it because you use elmhurst as a recruiting area and all you want to do is make other teams look bad so you can sell the Naz-dream? This is a great thread. Stop with the rhetoric. I'm sure Lake Park (or York) would have no issue playing IC or Naz. You seem like such a stout liberal (lol). But 3A vs 8A is how kids end seasons. IC is too good and too smart a smaller program to play ego ball or be stupid. Great Coaches and Great Programs put their kids in the best position for team and individual success. Good for you IC in not playing that game next year. Very smart coaching.

If you’d like to meet in person that can be arranged, but you don’t know me so please stop pretending you do. I actually asked Felice about you and he said nothing but good things lol. He said “I don’t really know him well but he’s a good dude, his kid is a good QB” so I just left it there. You’re just mad that I called you on pushing your son on the board as some anonymous fan. Don’t be that guy, let his play do the talking.

I think the Fitzgerald hire will be huge for York in the long run, they are already getting a return on their investment. That said because I think they’ll lose, even lose big, doesn’t mean I have any issue with York. They are a definite program on the rise, however IC isn’t rising. They are really good right now. Your past dealings may have created a jaded opinion and you’re clearly biased toward York now, but it wouldn’t be close.

Lastly I am puzzled why you keep bringing Lake Park into this, really odd.

He wasn’t knocked out of bounds he was stopped a quarter yard from the goal line. I hope people learned this week how important Dave Lenti is to MC’s program, the best defensive mind in the state in my opinion.

Reactions: Gene K.
He wasn’t knocked out of bounds he was stopped a quarter yard from the goal line. I hope people learned this week how important Dave Lenti is to MC’s program, the best defensive mind in the state in my opinion.

Some people got their knickers in a twist when I said that LA was outcoached. I never said anything about Lynch or Holecek. LA should be able to win a game against MC where MC scores only 17 pts. MC's defense was stout yesterday. Kudos to Coach Lenti and his squad.

Reactions: McCaravan
I'm surprised CG and Barrington have yet to play after all these years. They're only 5 miles apart and play each other on the junior level. It can't be a size disparity, CG is already playing 10A Huntley.

Barrington has nothing to gain from playing a tough 6A team and potentially losing. They have never played, and if they did, it would have been in the ‘70s or prior.

Barrington has nothing to gain from playing a tough 6A team and potentially losing. They have never played, and if they did, it would have been in the ‘70s or prior.

Naperville Central is playing CG this year and they have nothing to gain by playing a tough 6A team except that it helps to fill the 5 non conference games they need to find each year. Is CG going to put up 70 on Central?

Reactions: Eringobragh
It’s probably more beneath Barrington to play CG. Different class in more ways than one.

Reactions: Eringobragh
It’s probably more beneath Barrington to play CG. Different class in more ways than one.

Because of the goofy FVC schedule I think Barrington would be fine with it. But it’s hard to schedule a non-con game on week 9.

The Metro Suburban Blue is significantly better with the addition of Aurora Christian (3-0), Bishop McNamara (3-0) and St. Francis (3-0). Add ICCP to the mix and that is a very good division.

It is possible this division could produce State Champs in Class 1A, 3A, 4A.

We learned, all be it against St Viator, JCA is quietly working on the passing game. 154 yards in the air and a td. Still had to make the throws and get open down the field.

Because of the goofy FVC schedule I think Barrington would be fine with it. But it’s hard to schedule a non-con game on week 9.
This game won't happen in the coming years because the FVC will become a closed conference next season when Burlington Central joins

ADVERTISEMENT