ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 2?!?!?!

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
Pretty uneventful week 2 but lots to talk about.

1 - That the whole rivalry thing while it’s cute and neighborly isn’t quite working in the field between NT and Loyola - combined score 75-6.
2 - That the wild world of the MSL proved ti he just That in week 2.
3 - That no one wants anything to do with ESL - not sure even a long bus ride can stop that this year.
4 - That the “it ain’t over until it’s over” award this week goes to Marist.
5 - That Cary and PR should just play now for the FVC title and get it over with.
6 - That Da Brook appears to be on its way Da Back - sorry pour humor.
7 - That perennial power Stevenson is 0-2. Fear not, last time that happened they went to the state semis.
8 - That the path to the state playoffs for JCA just might be too much to overcome.
9 - That fee talk about him but when you see him you will, and he has a great name - Finn Schirmer is Marengo.
10 - That St Laurence has righted the ship, but with JCA, Naz and Rice still to come, challenges await.

Like I said uneventful. More interesting things ahead for sure.

11. That ND is a legit threat in the CCL/ESCC Green.
12. That the hype regarding Glenwood was accurate after their convincing 34-10 win over SHG.

Pretty uneventful week 2 but lots to talk about.

1 - That the whole rivalry thing while it’s cute and neighborly isn’t quite working in the field between NT and Loyola - combined score 75-6.

NT came thisclose to handing LA a first round playoff knockout two years ago.

That there is a 100 percent chance it rains all week at Necqua campus and that the grounds crew will be put on hiatus.
It rained all morning, so that’s a start.

I also heard that there is possibly a problem with the field’s irrigation system. It is acting all weird, going on and off as if there’s a ghost in the machine. :cool:

And that was two years ago. 75-6 is the last two years. When was the last time new trier beat them?

What difference does it make since you are obviously discounting the score from two years ago? Look it up yourself if you are simply curious.

Who seems to be the better team on paper? Cary or PR? Heard Cary has 6 starters back on defense from last years state team?

Who seems to be the better team on paper? Cary or PR? Heard Cary has 6 starters back on defense from last years state team?
Edgy mentioned that PR is throwing the ball. Looked it up and they threw 3 TD passes and 150 yards passing in the First Half. I think CG has the majority of their starting D back but lost some big-time 2-way players.

Edgy mentioned that PR is throwing the ball. Looked it up and they threw 3 TD passes and 150 yards passing in the First Half. I think CG has the majority of their starting D back but lost some big-time 2-way players.
CG’s offense isn’t as dynamic as last year’s team. It’s pretty much back to just running the fullback. I think PR is much stronger and has the edge this year.

Reactions: CGsupporter
What difference does it make since you are obviously discounting the score from two years ago? Look it up yourself if you are simply curious.

So one close game makes a rivalry? Got it . Great insight - fabulous

Reactions: Relist8

Maybe they should cancel the Bears/ Packers since it hasn’t be much of rivalry for the better part of 30 years now. Also didn’t NT knock LA the playoffs in the previous playoff meeting back in 2006?

Maybe they should cancel the Bears/ Packers since it hasn’t be much of rivalry for the better part of 30 years now. Also didn’t NT knock LA the playoffs in the previous playoff meeting back in 2006?

The Bears Packers rivalry intotal is separated by 3 games. And I asked earlier when was the last time NT won.

Look, new trier wanted to renew the neighborhood rivalry. Clearly it’s been heavily one sided. The games both have been routes and not close. Sorry if that offends the Rambler nation but it’s a rivalry strictly by location - especially as of late.

The Bears Packers rivalry intotal is separated by 3 games. And I asked earlier when was the last time NT won.

Look, new trier wanted to renew the neighborhood rivalry. Clearly it’s been heavily one sided. The games both have been routes and not close. Sorry if that offends the Rambler nation but it’s a rivalry strictly by location - especially as of late.
Location.....and household income?!?

Reactions: LakeCtyNewt
Warren Township .... has talent all over the place ... they are beating the opponents and refs every week. Offensively you have 2.75 secs to get the ball off. With about 3/4 through the 3rd quarter defenses are gased because warren commits to the run with RPO. With QB's that can take it to the house and 6'1 215 lbs RB. Warren wins are not pretty but effective they use efficient offense and physical/athletic defense and strong leg kicker to control games. Best team up north ! Please stop talking about Stevie and LZ .... it is Warren time to run - 94 North !

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Fenwick - has a VERY young team. 10 sophomore starters. Will gain valuable experience this year. Could sneak into playoffs. Good two games so far. Tough 3 game stretch starting with Naz. Should be fun to follow their journey this year and next 2 years.

Reactions: 3OrangeWhips
Warren Township .... has talent all over the place ... they are beating the opponents and refs every week. Offensively you have 2.75 secs to get the ball off. With about 3/4 through the 3rd quarter defenses are gased because warren commits to the run with RPO. With QB's that can take it to the house and 6'1 215 lbs RB. Warren wins are not pretty but effective they use efficient offense and physical/athletic defense and strong leg kicker to control games. Best team up north ! Please stop talking about Stevie and LZ .... it is Warren time to run - 94 North !

Thanks for the continuing promotion advertisement for Warren HS. We know they are good

Morris - Coal City was a rivalry before they ever played football for the first time last year. And Coal City - McNamara if they are willing to continue scheduling the matchup is a likely rivalry...

And neighboring schools can have massive football rivalry even the first year one of them plays football. The Peotone-Manteno Rumble on Route 50 was a rivalry even year one Manteno played football...the Panther kids were so proud to get their first football win as a program at Peotone, beating a Devil team that went to the playoffs no less...

I learned that Justin Lynch throws a much better ball then Jordan did at MC and he’s only a Junior...look out for this kid the next two years! Air MC!

Reactions: Blue Ruin
Do you really think LA and NT have had only one close game in their rivalry?

Reading can be required for time to time I’m these threads. I asked what the history was. I said based off of the two this doesn’t appear to be a rivalry.

Now, if someone, anyone who chooses to actually read can tell me what the history is? When the last time new trier beat them. How many times have they beat them.

Again, if they wanted to renew the rivalry you would hope the games would at least be competitive. So far, they haven’t.

Reactions: Oop-dee-oop_4
Score does not matter if schools are mile apart it’s a rivalry and who cares if Loyola gets the better of them most of the time,not sure who’s Warrens rivalry is but if it’s Lake Zurich they got you guys for many yrs.

NT @ LA 1st Round 98 went to 2OT with LA winning on a missed PAT. 2000 New Trier beat LA in the 1st round. 2005 or 06 they did again. But I don’t think NT is coming close anytime soon. NT plays crosser with MSL which is more than enough.

ESL is for REAL.... Beat Trinity Catholic 32-0... They are going to be a problem this year.

I know I shouldn’t put too much stock in polls but the Daily Herald makes no mention of PR in their top 20. Do not overlook this team.

I know I shouldn’t put too much stock in polls but the Daily Herald makes no mention of PR in their top 20. Do not overlook this team.

I think, and it’s been a couple years, but I believe they are a fringe school for coverage for the DH. If that is true then they likely wouldn’t get ranked. Don’t know the process fully but I believe that is the case

I think, and it’s been a couple years, but I believe they are a fringe school for coverage for the DH. If that is true then they likely wouldn’t get ranked. Don’t know the process fully but I believe that is the case
Silly because PR is about 5 miles from CG. Maybe because the NW Herald is a Crystal Lake paper.

Reactions: Gene K.
11. That ND is a legit threat in the CCL/ESCC Green.
12. That the hype regarding Glenwood was accurate after their convincing 34-10 win over SHG.
Really looking forward to Naz - NND Week 7

ESL is for REAL.... Beat Trinity Catholic 32-0... They are going to be a problem this year.
Lutheran North Beat Trinity by 20 too this year and they got beat handily by Cardinal Ritter. Trinity can just be way down.

Lutheran North Beat Trinity by 20 too this year and they got beat handily by Cardinal Ritter. Trinity can just be way down.

Cardinal Ritter beat LN about the same as they beat Naz. Using your logic, LN is equal to Naz.

Cardinal Ritter beat LN about the same as they beat Naz. Using your logic, LN is equal to Naz.
And they might be. That wasn't a knock to CR or LN. Why can't Trinity be down? ESL beating them 32-0 looks different to guys that know Trinity is traditionally good but have not looked at previous games.

Reactions: playboymixx
And they might be. That wasn't a knock to CR or LN. Why can't Trinity be down? ESL beating them 32-0 looks different to guys that know Trinity is traditionally good but have not looked at previous games.
Trinity also lost Mookie Cooper who transferred out huge loss for Trinity...

I’m not saying either way. The wins for CR are more impressive versus other teams being down which is my point.

There is more to the rivalry than just football. The reality is that LA and NT are huge rivals in most sports.

Rivalries are not made or unmade over the course of two games. Simply because one school beats the snot out of their rival two years in a row does not mean that the shine has come off of the rivalry.

You ask about history. In football, there is precious little in the way of current history. That's because, up until last year, football was like the one sport where LA and NT didn't play each other in the regular season. For a very long time, they only football history involved playoff match ups. Sometimes they would match up in the playoffs and sometimes not. When they did, over the years, there were games that LA won and that NT won. When they played each other in the 2017 playoffs, it was a damn close game. Playoff record is tied at two wins a piece.

Last edited:

The Daily Herald does not cover Prairie Ridge. That's why you don't see them in our rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT