ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 2?!?!?!

That there is a 100 percent chance it rains all week at Necqua campus and that the grounds crew will be put on hiatus.
Ha! There’s always a well prepared, scripted excuse when East Side fails... wet grass and alumni refs! They always have at least 10 D1 players; when will you realize any well coached team with the right scheme will match up favorably. Nonetheless, I haven’t had a chance to see them play this year, so I’ll save my championship predictions until playoff time.

Ha! There’s always a well prepared, scripted excuse when East Side fails... wet grass and alumni refs! They always have at least 10 D1 players; when will you realize any well coached team with the right scheme will match up favorably. Nonetheless, I haven’t had a chance to see them play this year, so I’ll save my championship predictions until playoff time.
It's football. Anybody can lose on any given night. The exceptionally coached Mt. Carmel, The Well coached and talented LWE team, The "10 D1 players every year" ESL team are all examples of that. Have yet to figure out why you have such a problem with ESL. You get on here every year and imply that these Coaches don't know what they are doing. I don't get it. The grass being wet and high was said in jokingly. Bro, it's high school football. Take it easy and enjoy it.

And they might be. That wasn't a knock to CR or LN. Why can't Trinity be down? ESL beating them 32-0 looks different to guys that know Trinity is traditionally good but have not looked at previous games.

I missed the game, but I know a few people who went to the game this year and last year and they felt like Trinity is no where near as good this year as they were last year. So yeah, probably just a temporary down year for them.

Well then if the DH doesn’t recognize PR, neither does CG LOL. Feel free to unrecognize Huntley too!

I know there are many great programs out there, but we like to recognize only the teams in our coverage area.

I know I shouldn’t put too much stock in polls but the Daily Herald makes no mention of PR in their top 20. Do not overlook this team.
PR is not in The Daily Herald coverage area, as crazy as that sounds

Really Joliet West. Buy into what?
72 kids on Varsity, the RB (Howland) has stopped missing practice and games for AAU basketball, the dLine looked a lot different week 2 then they did week 1. They’ve got a lot of size and athletism and starting to realize it. The freshman and soph both beat Oswego (2022’s first loss ever).

72 kids on Varsity, the RB (Howland) has stopped missing practice and games for AAU basketball, the dLine looked a lot different week 2 then they did week 1. They’ve got a lot of size and athletism and starting to realize it. The freshman and soph both beat Oswego (2022’s first loss ever).

Hopefully for your son the Tigers can gel this year and beyond.
Size and athleticism have never been scarce there.
Since the world has been waiting 45 years for this to materialize, I will take a wait and see approach on this one.

Last edited:
Lol, my son doesn't play for the Tigers, but I've watched this group for the past 3 years from the other side of the field. I'm not saying they are going to be state champions, I'm saying they are improving and buying in with this new coach.

Reactions: Gene K.
Lol, my son doesn't play for the Tigers, but I've watched this group for the past 3 years from the other side of the field. I'm not saying they are going to be state champions, I'm saying they are improving and buying in with this new coach.

Good to hear.
My hope is that it works out for these boys.
The last game of theirs that I saw the was week #9 last year in which they delivered an uninspired effort against what on paper was a very over-matched JT Central squad.
Central had the only energy on the field and it showed on the scoreboard.

Good to hear.
My hope is that it works out for these boys.
The last game of theirs that I saw the was week #9 last year in which they delivered an uninspired effort against what on paper was a very over-matched JT Central squad.
Central had the only energy on the field and it showed on the scoreboard.
That's rough losing to them, however, the 2021 class is the one I'm most familiar with and they have some players. They are also maybe the classiest bunch of kids we play every year. Always respectful, always willing to give you a pat on the head after a good block or tackle, haven't seen them talk trash at all in 3 years and they play physical.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT