ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 1?!?!?

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
Hi Everybody!!!!!!! It’s so nice to be back and talking about the actual games. So without further chit-chat….. let’s do this

1 - That over 400 yards and 6 TD’s is a pretty good passing night - but for a half? Prospect your seat at the table is warm.
2 - That a freshman will lead them - and so he did at Bolingbrook
3 - That Palatine is the best in the MSL west - the rest, uh boy.
4 - That Reeters was, well, not sure what that was.
5 - That St Pats looks to be back - Mertens can coach and it showed Friday
6 - That swagger needed a quarter, imagine what they’d do if they had .75 cents more.
7 - That the Public League - uh boy.
8 - That New Trier, I got nothin……CSL South, bad.
9 - That the crown as defending state champs fit Lockport, Cary, Lena, Wilmington well and not so much for Fenwick and Byron
10 - That if we can’t sit in the stands and be safe watching a football game then there shouldn’t be a football game where those stands are. Sorry Peoria.

As always I encourage sharing without hijacking.

12-SHG likely to score more points this season than their 2014 team (>716).
13-Chatham is a Top Ten team in 6A.
14-Rochester‘s Keeton Reiss may be the only combination QB-DT in the state.

16. I love that Rudy is JCA's weight lifting coach. Waterford, WI may not appreciate it quite as much.
17. Did we learn anything about JCA playing Waterford, or are they still Question Marks until ICC next week?

18.That some CPS teams still can’t get it together judging by the numerous 2-0(forfeit) scores posted.And it wasn’t a Naz-Kankakee game either

Reactions: McCaravan
With all due respect edgy, Conant may beg to differ regarding point 3.

not saying they I’ll beat the pirates but the gap isn’t that wide.

... that anything can happen. Specifically, Stagg and Oak Lawn both win on the same weekend with neither playing CPS opponents.
Argo,Oak Lawn & Stagg all won in the same week vs Non CPS teams & Richards lost to a CPS team & bad!!!!! Btw Stagg vs Oak Lawn this week ;)

Reactions: corey90
The DVC looks to be pretty stout at the top. All 3 Naperville teams are really talented and had a great opening night, beating H-F, Hinsdale Central, and Oswego.

Neuqua had some issues with turnovers in the first half but wore down Oswego. The Wildcat D might be the best I’ve ever seen on the South side. Super fast, big, and extremely good tacklers. Holding the senior Oswego QB1 to 7/30 and 0/14 in the second half tells the tale.

Reactions: RockSoup
19 - Montini Catholic High School - Based on their performance against ICCP Friday night - it looks like another tough year ahead in Lombard. Guessing 2-3 wins at this point.

• Sad
Reactions: Gene K.
With all due respect edgy, Conant may beg to differ regarding point 3.

not saying they I’ll beat the pirates but the gap isn’t that wide.

Palatine's waiting on them! The senior class, that late last second loss last season was their only MSL West loss in their first 3 years - just sayin'

Reactions: Gene K.
21. That Oswego’s offensive coaching staff lacks creativity and struggles making adjustments on the fly. No reason to keep your best offensive weapon as far away from the ball as possible when the QB has no time to throw.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
21. That Oswego’s offensive coaching staff lacks creativity and struggles making adjustments on the fly. No reason to keep your best offensive weapon as far away from the ball as possible when the QB has no time to throw.
Still trying to figure out why Tonelli is a complete afterthought in that scheme.

Still trying to figure out why Tonelli is a complete afterthought in that scheme.
Statistically, I believe he was targeted 20% of the time within all their snaps (not just passes), if you break it down. We can all make our own decisions about whether that is enough and the placement of the targetings.

The 🎢 .... they have the speed, technique and ball skills to compete against any passing attack in 8A.
Yes but is the offense improved? There defense has been championship qualify for several years now but the offense seems to come up empty against the great teams.

Yes but is the offense improved? There defense has been championship qualify for several years now but the offense seems to come up empty against the great teams.
I know it’s one game but the passing offense and running offense was almost equal in terms of total yards. The passing attack is better because the line and receivers are better. Don’t know how that will translate to Friday but we shall see. I think offensively they are far improved over last year both at QB and on the line.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
I know it’s one game but the passing offense and running offense was almost equal in terms of total yards. The passing attack is better because the line and receivers are better. Don’t know how that will translate to Friday but we shall see. I think offensively they are far improved over last year both at QB and on the line.
Hopefully the offense has improved. It has been an Achilles' heel the past few years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT