ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn 2022 - it’s a wrap!?!?!?!

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
In a blur the 2022 season is over. My 50th in Illinois. Yah I’m old……

Here’s the remnants of 2022.

1 - That NFHS no longer serves a purpose. We in Illinois deserve nice things.
2. - That congrats are in order for the Panthers, Bulldogs, Knights, Cyclones, Roadrunners, Flyers, Caravan and Ramblers for being the best in class.
3 - That congrats are also in order for the Panthers, Vikings, Bullets, Celtics, Lions, Wolves, Bulldogs and Griffins on finishing second in class.
4 - That all gas and no brakes wasn’t about to let it happen again.
5 - That one of the real winners without a trophy in the post season was Mother Nature.
6 - That a fond farewell is in order to a legend. Congrats to coach Leonard on his retirement.
7 - That the gap this year between great and really good was wider than normal.
8 - That small school football is even cooler than I expected and Le-Win (yah I thought it was players names too) is at legend status.
9 - That despite the loss, Vacey had one of those, “I remember back when” kind of years.
10 - That only 271 days remain until we get to do this all over again.

Newt out.

2. - That congrats are in order for the Panthers, Bulldogs, Knights, Cyclones, Roadrunners, Flyers, Caravan and Ramblers for being the best in class.
3 - That congrats are also in order for the Panthers, Vikings, Bullets, Celtics, Lions, Wolves, Bulldogs and Griffins on finishing second in class.
5 - That one of the real winners without a trophy in the post season was Mother Nature.
6 - That a fond farewell is in order to a legend. Congrats to coach Leonard on his retirement.
8 - That small school football is even cooler than I expected and Le-Win (yah I thought it was players names too) is at legend status.
9 - That despite the loss, Vacey had one of those, “I remember back when” kind of years.

Newt out.
You are right on with number 7.

11. The public/private debate is as strong as ever and imo the ihsa is going to make a big
move soon.

That at least for this year, north and south brackets worked out ok for championship weekend.
The North and South split the games with a 3-3 record.
1A, 2A and 5A title games were the closest the champion played throughout the postseason.

Newt out.
#1 Amen

#2&3 my congrats to every kid who strapped on a helmet with no exceptions. Especially to those from losing programs who answered the bell all 9 times, worked hard, sometimes taking a beating, and not quitting.

#6 hats off to the coach. It was never about him, it was always about the kids, the school, and the community.

#8 and yes I too thought it was a players name too until I saw the third player named Le-Win.

Thanks Newt

Funny you should mention Le-Win. Couple years back was joking with some kids who had a shortened version on the uniforms. I joked you guys all brothers ? Kid said "We are all adopted" Everyone got a good laugh

Reactions: Silver Rain
Don't forget to cancel your NFHS subscription or they will bill you come 12/1/22 for another month.
Maybe for football, but they also cover streaming of basketball games throughout the season. Basketball seems to be a little more reliable streaming service than football, but that is just my opinion.

I probably waste more money in a day than a monthly subscription costs.

P.S. An NFHS subscription also allows one to view past football games on demand, including those where a school has blocked the game during the regular season.

Maybe for football, but they also cover streaming of basketball games throughout the season. Basketball seems to be a little more reliable streaming service than football, but that is just my opinion.

P.S. An NFHS subscription also allows one to view past football games on demand, including those where a school has blocked the game during the regular season.
The on demand games are generally of better quality than the live streams too.

I like watching the replays as well. Since Rita has a very good basketball team this year, I plan on watching some of their games.

We learned there is a reason that the multiplier and success factor exist. COVID and the 2020 cancellation of the playoffs made them somewhat inoperable this year, but they will be in full effect again next year.

I will go on to say these rules are in need of a slight revision. When they were last revised in 2018 the concept of a two-year window was introduced. This was done so the rules aligned properly with the newly passed district proposal. In order for schools to play a two-year home and home series within a given district, it could not be allowed for a school to be bumped up to a higher class level (and therefore different district) in the second year. That is why the two-year window was needed. With the demise of the district proposal, two-year windows are no longer needed and the rules should be revised to encompass the last two years in which a full set of playoffs were held.

All.... For the past several years closer to Christmas the local tv station in Springfield will replay the state area final game . I have no reason to believe they will not do the same again. That will give me a chance to watch once again those numerous no call obvious infractions on SHG receivers and extracurricular "activities." happening on (and off) the field. (LFF23) Ratsy

Last edited:
Yes, they got the kid from Lemont. Transfer from H-F as well. Not sure if they can go to state w/out a true PG. Also, Kenwood's in their Sectional.
Most likely they are in the same sectional. But those assignments have not been released yet.

All.... For the past several years closer to Christmas the local tv station in Springfield will replay the state area final game . I have no reason to believe they will not do the same again. That will give me a chance to watch once again those numerous no call obvious infractions on SHG receivers and extracurricular "activities." happening on (and off) the field. (LFF23) Ratsy
it was possibly the worst officiated win i have ever seen in my 34 years of coaching. i wish i could share the conversation i had with the sideline official i had before he flagged us for illegal formation on the punt in the 4th quarter. thank goodness i had several witnesses to what he said before the flag, or otherwise i'd have lost my mind even more. simply unreal.

I’m glad this thread got rolling again because I meant to ask, anyone do a check of well being on @go_rice ? Was the MC success too much for him? He just kinda went away after many years here, even after BR rebounded a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT