ADVERTISEMENT

What changes would you make to the IHSA football championship weekend?

How often does it happen that a conference has representatives in two classes on Thanksgiving weekend? Even if they do, should the whole state have to compromise for them?

Regarding TV, the Chicago market generates the overwhelming bulk of advertising dollars. I know that a lot of downstaters find this annoying, but it is what it is.

I have no problem with putting the smaller games in Champaign. Just get the big school games closer to 90% of the population.
How often does a conference get representatives in two class on Thanksgiving weekend? RIght now, Sangamo has four school remaining...Anthens in 1A, Maroa Forsythe in 2A, and Williamsville in the northern half of 3A and Pleasant Plains in the 3A south...Friday could be the Sangamo shootout in DeKalb...

Pleasant Plains (the 6-3 16 seed) put up 51 on the South 1 seed and beat the winner of the 8/9 seeded 8-1 teams...

The Central State eight had two conference teams in the championship of different classes in 2016, 2014 and 2013.

I realize that my proposal might generate a bit of inconvenience for a small number of people, but as George C.Scott, as General Buck Turgidson said, in "Dr Strangelove," I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed ... but I do say ... no more than 10 or 20 million killed ... depending on the breaks.

How often does it happen that a conference has representatives in two classes on Thanksgiving weekend? Even if they do, should the whole state have to compromise for them?

Regarding TV, the Chicago market generates the overwhelming bulk of advertising dollars. I know that a lot of downstaters find this annoying, but it is what it is.

I have no problem with putting the smaller games in Champaign. Just get the big school games closer to 90% of the population.
This year: the Sangamo...Pleasant Plains (the 16 seed in the South) in 3A, Maroa in 2A...and Athens was in the 1A semis.

This year: the Sangamo...Pleasant Plains (the 16 seed in the South) in 3A, Maroa in 2A...and Athens was in the 1A semis.
7A and 8A at Toyota Park. Attendance almost every year would jump 5,000 people over Champaign. Northern still a bit of a hike for casual fan

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT