ADVERTISEMENT

What a great World Series

The Nat's are pouring it on in the top of the 9th.

Has either team won a Home game yet in this series?

I thought the Astros would win in 6 games. But, I was hoping the 'Nats would win. That was a good World Series and probably the best in years that had that many games that didn't end up close in score. I was for the "Nats because Bryce Harper wasn't on the team. I like the rest of the guys on that team.

Reactions: Eringobragh
When Strasburg was a rookie phenom back in the day with the Nationals, one of my son's baseball teams went to see him play vs. the Brewers up in Milwaukee. Parents loaded with various items to get signed were crowding to every area he was warming up before the game to get an autograph while my young son and his friend just patiently waited by one area along the fence. There was tons of hype around the kid when he first came to the majors as the first overall pick in the MLB draft. It didn't look like Strasburg was going to be signing any autographs before the game.

So just when the Nationals were all heading to the dugout after warmups, Strasburg appearing to be running with his teammates all of a sudden turns and makes a beeline right towards my son and his friend to sign baseballs for them. So of course all the crazy adults rush to the fence and smash my son and his friend from behind. Strasburg gets angry and starts yelling at the adults and tells them to back off. He only signed those two baseballs and went back to the dugout. It was such a cool moment that we will never forget. I have been following his career ever since.

The 2019 World Series MVP Stephen Strasburg.

When Strasburg was a rookie phenom back in the day with the Nationals, one of my son's baseball teams went to see him play vs. the Brewers up in Milwaukee. Parents loaded with various items to get signed were crowding to every area he was warming up before the game to get an autograph while my young son and his friend just patiently waited by one area along the fence. There was tons of hype around the kid when he first came to the majors as the first overall pick in the MLB draft. It didn't look like Strasburg was going to be signing any autographs before the game.

So just when the Nationals were all heading to the dugout after warmups, Strasburg appearing to be running with his teammates all of a sudden turns and makes a beeline right towards my son and his friend to sign baseballs for them. So of course all the crazy adults rush to the fence and smash my son and his friend from behind. Strasburg gets angry and starts yelling at the adults and tells them to back off. He only signed those two baseballs and went back to the dugout. It was such a cool moment that we will never forget. I have been following his career ever since.

The 2019 World Series MVP Stephen Strasburg.
I had the opportunity to see him at SDSU in 2009. You could see the Tony Gwynn influence in how that team interacted with young fans. Glad to hear it hasn’t been lost during Strasburg’s great career.

Reactions: FalconPadre
Hinch should've let Greinke finish the 7th and then given the ball to Cole in the 8th. That and losing all 4 home games. It's going to be a long offseason for the Stros.....

Reactions: Bwm57
Glad the NL won, especially after the few games I watched seemed like the Nats got the short end on more than a couple calls. Ball don’t lie.

Hinch should've let Greinke finish the 7th and then given the ball to Cole in the 8th. That and losing all 4 home games. It's going to be a long offseason for the Stros.....
An incredibly huge mistake on the part of Hinch. It's the last game and everyone has to be available. Cole was. Cole was pissed after the game and took his hat off, put another on and told reporters he is no longer an employee of the team. He is a free agent, but I doubt the hat switch would have occurred if they had won.

Reactions: McEvergreen
Long post coming.

Stop and think for a minute how lucky we are to have lived in this time and witnessed so many firsts in sports. We have also witnessed so many things that haven't happened for many, many years.

Just in baseball firsts. In my lifetime, these firsts have happened. The first ever WS championship by the L.A. Dodgers, the advent of the DH, lights at Wrigley Field, the first Baltimore Orioles WS title in the modern era, the Mets' first WS win, new teams in Canada, Many new teams with expansion, Sandy Koufax 4th no-hitter, Nolan Ryan's 5,000th strikeout and 5th,6th and 7th no-hitter, Henry Aaron's 715th homerun, Pete Rose's 4,190th hit, Cal Ripken's 2,131st consecutive game, Roger Maris' 61st homerun, a WS championship by the SF Giants, a WS championship by the Nationals, and many more.

Things that happened for the first time in many years, a White Sox championship, a Cubs championship, a Red Sox championship. and more

Things I am still waiting for, an Indians WS championship, A Padres championship, a no hitter thrown by a Padres pitcher, a Brewers championship, a Rays championship, a Rockies championship, a Rangers championship, a Mariners WS appearance,

So many more things to list but you get the picture.

I'll bet Bryce Harper has smashed more than 1 60" TVs in the last hour. :D
He is a pos and probably would swing and miss.Many people laughed at me for calling Harper a clubhouse cancer & that the Nats would win without him & that they did!!! Philly barely managed a .500 record with him

Walter "The Big Train" Johnson calling in from the 1920s saying this isn't the first time Washington baseball has been relevant. But congrats to the Nats, for winning without that POS Harper.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT