ADVERTISEMENT

West Suburban Silver Outlook - Week 9

That’s 9 players per class, so closer to 9 out of 30.
It’s 8% of Hs players play in college, so if 9 players out of 30 are playing on college you are 30% so way above average ( how many of their Juniors on that team will at in college?) you could have half the team play college football? If that’s the case they should be playing for a title

I guarantee if a kid was going to school at Augustana and wanted to play on the team that they are not going to tell him no. Lower levels are desperate for kids in most sports.
Perhaps. Looking at Augastana’s current roster, they have 100 players listed from literally all over the US.

Really, the only point I’m trying to make is there are kids who are talented enough to play at larger programs who will choose a D3 like Wheaton or Augastana because it is the right fit for them and their situation. Ultimately I agree, not all College Football programs are equal. However, I do not agree that anyone who wants to play in college will be afford the opportunity if they seek out the right program.

Perhaps. Looking at Augastana’s current roster, they have 100 players listed from literally all over the US.
Football coaches are some of the biggest financial recruiters at a lot of D3 schools.
Tuition at Augustana is over $43,000 per year with room and board over $10,000 more.
So it costs close to $54,000 per year to attend.
If you take 100 football players at $43,000 per for tuition that’s $4.3 million in income to the school from tuition. Plus another million in room and board.
D3 schools don’t have athletic scholarships, but do give out some forms of aid and grants.
Either way the school brings in a lot of income from that 100 player football team.

Really, the only point I’m trying to make is there are kids who are talented enough to play at larger programs who will choose a D3 like Wheaton or Augastana because it is the right fit for them and their situation. Ultimately I agree, not all College Football programs are equal. However, I do not agree that anyone who wants to play in college will be afford the opportunity if they seek out the right program.
I agree. My point was just because a team had a lot of players that went onto play college football all does not mean they should have been better than other teams because a lot of good high school players choose not to play in college because they may be focusing on academics or a different sport. Someone was pointing out that York has a lot of former players that are playing in college but they were not a great high school team and was trying to make us believe it was all coaching.

I agree. My point was just because a team had a lot of players that went onto play college football all does not mean they should have been better than other teams because a lot of good high school players choose not to play in college because they may be focusing on academics or a different sport. Someone was pointing out that York has a lot of former players that are playing in college but they were not a great high school team and was trying to make us believe it was all coaching.
Well BA, then what is it?

Likely the other teams have better talent. Look at the number of D1 players GW, HC and LT have had recently. A few D1 stars make a big difference compared to a bunch of D3 players. The schools that win have those D1 players and plenty of others that are at the same level as D3 players. When is the last time York beat GW or HC? Probably several coaching regimes ago. I think blaming a coach is a cheap way out.

Reactions: SMC34
I was told in another thread almost every starter in Western and Northern suburbs has a personal trainer in offseason. If that is the case, how much development is a coach really doing in the off season over there? Maybe we need new personal trainers?

I was told in another thread almost every starter in Western and Northern suburbs has a personal trainer in offseason. If that is the case, how much development is a coach really doing in the off season over there? Maybe we need new personal trainers?
I see QBs and WRs working out with a couple of different organizations in the off season. Of course, there are the “Super-Exclusive” not exclusive at all 7-on-7 organizations. I know of a few DBs who have individual trainers, and there are some families who use Get Fast, but that is more for speed and strength training. All of the families I know that use outside services have aspirations of playing at D2 or higher. But it is no where near everyone using personal training services, and not even everyone who currently getting college offers.

As I’ve thought more about this, I’m left to wonder if the number of kids being able to play in college is correlated to the ease of getting noticed in today’s world.

In the 1990’s, you had to have a coaches help to get on a school’s radar. These days, with Hudl, Twitter, and the business opportunity that showcases provide colleges and universities, it is much easier to get on a radar. Therefore, more kids are getting opportunities to play, which may skew the numbers when comparing to previous generations.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT