ADVERTISEMENT

Well Voodoo

Just landing from the never ending flight from China!!

I’m hoping WV gives you a game. Will take a big effort from all three phases to keep up with MS and to keep from getting “Maine Southed”.

Looking forward to watching it live and in person and not getting bits and pieces from twitter and forum while sitting in China!

I heard WVTV will be streaming the game but the IHSA required 375 bucks in payment “for the rights” for WV to stream a WV game!:mad: Luckily a local business stepped up to sponsor it and pay the IHSA their fee:)

MS wins this one by 17. MS is firing on all cylinders since Bobby's return. I wholeheartedly believe that MS and Warren are the only teams in 8A that can give LWE a game based on their defensive scheme they run. Now, Rice has only given up approximately 50 something points in 10 games, which is very impressive. I just feel like MS and Warren would be a tougher opponent for LWE based upon what I've seen.

Reactions: ChiTown Chuggers
MS wins this one by 17. MS is firing on all cylinders since Bobby's return. I wholeheartedly believe that MS and Warren are the only teams in 8A that can give LWE a game based on their defensive scheme they run. Now, Rice has only given up approximately 50 something points in 10 games, which is very impressive. I just feel like MS and Warren would be a tougher opponent for LWE based upon what I've seen.

Maine South has a ton of experience in big games deep in the playoffs. They are a big favorite for sure...but.... Waubonsie has knocked off some pretty high seeds in the recent past so They for sure have a punchers chance (need some MS turnovers!!)

That Warren D should be able to slow down pretty much anyone, even Beast. The concern I would have is can their O score enough points? Damn difficult to keep pitching shutouts or less then 7 points in the quarters and onward.

Maine South has a ton of experience in big games deep in the playoffs. They are a big favorite for sure...but.... Waubonsie has knocked off some pretty high seeds in the recent past so They for sure have a punchers chance (need some MS turnovers!!)

That Warren D should be able to slow down pretty much anyone, even Beast. The concern I would have is can their O score enough points? Damn difficult to keep pitching shutouts or less then 7 points in the quarters and onward.
Great points, Voodoo! I’ve always been partial to the Hawks over the years. Despite the fact that they’ve owned my Ramblers in the playoffs. Just a great program. Classy families and terrific coaching. That being said, WV is filthy and playing great ball right now. Very balanced. I’m going to forgo a Saturday afternoon in beautiful Wilmette to catch the Blue Devils in person up in the promise land of Lake County. I’ll watch the LA webcast simultaneously.

Well.
We are getting Maine southed!:(

Down 7-0 and had them stopped 4th and 8 but a flag for a hit on the QB and then another for unsportsmanlike away from play. Gave them 30 yards and first down and then next play TD for 14-0. Then the wheels fell off. Just can’t Do that. Been happening all season.

Down 28-0 and first and goal at 5 before halftime. Four plays and turnover on downs. (Can’t get 5 yards on 4 plays). That’s been happening all season as well. Can’t do that against the great teams.

I hope we don’t get clocked!:eek:

I will say it now. Only team that beats East is East.
I don’t see that happening. Have mercy on the rest.
Go East!

Reactions: BEAST2018
Well.
We are getting Maine southed!:(

Down 7-0 and had them stopped 4th and 8 but a flag for a hit on the QB and then another for unsportsmanlike away from play. Gave them 30 yards and first down and then next play TD for 14-0. Then the wheels fell off. Just can’t Do that. Been happening all season.

Down 28-0 and first and goal at 5 before halftime. Four plays and turnover on downs. (Can’t get 5 yards on 4 plays). That’s been happening all season as well. Can’t do that against the great teams.

I hope we don’t get clocked!:eek:

Sry to hear. Was pulling for the Warriors but sounds like they imploded against a superior opponent. Now You can join the rest of us full time on playing the “who can give LWE the best run for their money on their way to another championship” and the “how many Dukane teams make the final 4 in 7a”.

Jump in Voodoo, the water is warm.

Sry to hear. Was pulling for the Warriors but sounds like they imploded against a superior opponent. Now You can join the rest of us full time on playing the “who can give LWE the best run for their money on their way to another championship” and the “how many Dukane teams make the final 4 in 7a”.

Jump in Voodoo, the water is warm.

LoL!

I do not see anyone beating Beast.

Of the 8 teams left -

I think EVille could put some points on them, but not sure their D will be able to limit the beast scoring.

I think Warren could slow them down but would have a lot of trouble scoring any points.

Marist is intriguing - I think they could put some points up on Beast but not sure their D would hold up.

Maine South - great coaching and game planning. Their spread could cause some issues and perhaps they find matchups they could exploit but I don’t think they have enough on either side of the ball to realistically challenge Beast.

Loyola - great coaching and game planning. The up and down season (or inconsistent play) worries me. Will they be up or down vs Beast?

HF - already got crushed by Beast.

I think Brother Rice might be the most well rounded of the non Beast teams left and might be the best bet to at least give them a game.

If I could create a Frankenstein team to go up against Beast give me;

Coaching/game planning: LA or MS coaches
Defense: Warren’s
Running game: E vile
Passing game: NC or Marist.

I think that team would beat LWE!

LoL!

Of the 8 teams left -

I think EVille could put some points on them, but not sure their D will be able to limit the beast scoring.

I think Warren could slow them down but would have a lot of trouble scoring any points.

Marist is intriguing - I think they could put some points up on Beast but not sure their D would hold up.

Maine South - great coaching and game planning. Their spread could cause some issues and perhaps they find matchups they could exploit but I don’t think they have enough on either side of the ball to realistically challenge Beast.

Loyola - great coaching and game planning. The up and down season (or inconsistent play) worries me. Will they be up or down vs Beast?

I think Brother Rice might be the most well rounded of the non Beast teams left and might be the best bet to at least give them a game.

Now that’s a fun “fantasy” post.

Speaking of fantasies...Your thoughts on the good possibility of having two Dukane teams in the final 4 with a slimmer but possible chance for an all Dukane final in 7a?

Now that’s a fun “fantasy” post.

Speaking of fantasies...Your thoughts on the good possibility of having two Dukane teams in the final 4 with a slimmer but possible chance for an all Dukane final in 7a?

I’m lovin’ the Dukane domination in 7A.

I don’t want to diminish it But man there are some bad teams that made the 7A playoffs! I do like the top 6 teams in 7A and top 6 teams in 6A - very tough at the very top of each of those classifications.

The good news? I think two Dukane teams make the semis!

The bad news? I think they both lose in the semis.

In my crystal ball (or my edgy bracketology) I have Naz and ESL in the finals and Naz winning a close one over ESL in the finals.

Reactions: Gene K.
LoL!

Of the 8 teams left -

Agree with you Voodoo.
It’s not just us that see East getting better each week. They are shutting out better teams in the playoffs while putting up numbers higher than their regular season average. I think East is trying to prove a point. I looked at the teams left and I don’t see any of them beating them.

Agree with you Voodoo.
It’s not just us that see East getting better each week. They are shutting out better teams in the playoffs while putting up numbers higher than their regular season average. I think East is trying to prove a point. I looked at the teams left and I don’t see any of them beating them.

Your forgetting my Frankenstein team: ;)

PR..I think you and MS4ever can see the path but are too smart to state it. I am with you.

Reactions: PRokie
They might.....and since at 6-3 Ramble on would have you turned in your gear after 9. IF it’s a super exciting game that LA pulls off in the waning moments...

PLEASE have the kids run on our field.

Act like you’ve been there before, because MS has.

Reactions: Gene K.
Bowie
I agree if the Ramblers play like they have the couple games MS will have their hands full.
MS never takes Loyola for granted but they've owned the anointed Loyola coaching staff over the years - including 2016. MS focuses 1 game at a time - why they're the most dominant team in IL over past 15 years, and recommend LWE remembers that it's hard to repeat, and only a few have done it. Maybe they'll use their best WR as a decoy like the 2016 State Championship Game. 2017 MS only lost to LWE. MS is special and coming thru a gauntlet - one game at a time.

Reactions: PRokie and WIU78
MS never takes Loyola for granted but they've owned the anointed Loyola coaching staff over the years - including 2016. MS focuses 1 game at a time - why they're the most dominant team in IL over past 15 years, and recommend LWE remembers that it's hard to repeat, and only a few have done it. Maybe they'll use their best WR as a decoy like the 2016 State Championship Game. 2017 MS only lost to LWE. MS is special and coming thru a gauntlet - one game at a time.

This is not a special MS team. Very good defensively, but not "special" Not even a top-5 MS team over the last 10 years. They will beat Loyola though.

Last edited:
“Anointed”

Strange choice of word..

This is not a special MS team. Very good defensively, but not "special" Not even a top-5 MS team over the last 10 years. They will beat Loyola though.
The Dude
Good points given how good MS has been over the past 10 years - Champs in 08, 09,10, and 16, and 17 was pretty good for my Top 5. Boys on the field will determine their potential and rank. Let me know after Saturday if you don't think they are "special".

The Dude
Good points given how good MS has been over the past 10 years - Champs in 08, 09,10, and 16, and 17 was pretty good for my Top 5. Boys on the field will determine their potential and rank. Let me know after Saturday if you don't think they are "special".

I already said they'd beat Loyola. I'm sure they're special to you, as I assume your son (or you) is on the team. But for the purposes of IHSA football, this is not a "special" team. If they beat LWE, I might be convinced otherwise.

Last edited:
Weinergate is so 2017. We need more spice than that!!;)
we didn’t even discuss the proper use of the green toilet. We had planned to bring a few props to the game this week however we couldn’t get our red urinal into the stadium.

I already said they'd beat Loyola. I'm sure they're special to you, as I assume your son (or you) is on the team. But for the purposes of IHSA football, this is not a "special" team. Special teams go undefeated.
The Dude
I've been a football coach for 13 years, and played a little back in the day. MS 2016 lost 3 games before beating Loyola 27-17, which denied their repeat and 2nd state championship. Appreciate you thinking MS is good defensively since their first 2 playoff opponents got clocked and that they will beat Loyola, but not so sure you understand or respect what truly makes a team special (which is "okay").

I already said they'd beat Loyola. I'm sure they're special to you, as I assume your son (or you) is on the team. But for the purposes of IHSA football, this is not a "special" team. If they beat LWE, I might be convinced otherwise.
Special teams also go 6-3 and Smoke the undefeated in the finals.
Special is not always undefeated sir... 2010 was VERY special. 2016 was special.

we didn’t even discuss the proper use of the green toilet. We had planned to bring a few props to the game this week however we couldn’t get our red urinal into the stadium.
PRokie
Longtime MS advocate and sometimes critic, and I agree that Weinergate, green toilets at WV, hawk calls by New Trier at practices and other shenanigans usually show other programs class, or lack thereof. MS takes suburban public school kids - usually undersized and fast - and simply wins. Best coaches in IHSA

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT