ADVERTISEMENT

Well the Illini are embarrassing the state...

Considering Iowa, penn state, and Michigan state all struggled against non-con traditionally weak teams I’m not quite ready to throw in the towel. The suspensions hurt though.

Iowa struggled?
It was 33-0 against the MAC favorites when they called off the dogs and put the subs in.
Classic Iowa football. Yes maybe not score early but use your huge talented linemen and pound away at the other lines again and again until they finally just scream "uncle".

Last edited:
Reactions: kkhawk
Real classy, that’s one of our family friends. Perhaps you should scrub the post!
Why? It was an honest assessment of his play. He completed less than 50% of his passes for an average of less than 6 yards per attempt with 0tds and 5 ints. The coordinator that recruited him left. He got beat out for the starting position at quarterback. It says for personal reason so I hope it is not a health issue for him or his family. From all reports he is a great kid and seemed like a good athlete but not a starting Big 10 caliber quarterback in my opinion. No shame in that as many others have been in the same position.

Reactions: cocacoaler
All that said, says a lot about your character and ability to judge talent. If you don’t know anything about the situation, as you readily admit, it would be best to not post anything at all. Since you’re obviously too ignorant or arrogant to stop, I guess I’ll consider the source.

Why? It was an honest assessment of his play. He completed less than 50% of his passes for an average of less than 6 yards per attempt with 0tds and 5 ints. The coordinator that recruited him left. He got beat out for the starting position at quarterback. It says for personal reason so I hope it is not a health issue for him or his family. From all reports he is a great kid and seemed like a good athlete but not a starting Big 10 caliber quarterback in my opinion. No shame in that as many others have been in the same position.

The coaches seemed to think he was not a big ten level starting quarterback at this time. Not sure what I said that was so offensive. You stated he was a family friend so you are hardly unbiased.

Reactions: cocacoaler
Either way he's the Illini's #2. And the backups are a RSFR and a FR...and they are a terrible team.

Reactions: SiuCubFan8
They are doing it again this week lol.Lovie sucked in the Kneeling Felon League & he sucks now

2-0. Probably last win of the year. Played 3 QBs. Maybe the depth chart had an issue with the transfer

The Tribune had an editorial a few days back bemoaning the number of Illinois residents moving to Tennessee. Anyone willing to move to Tennessee isn't worth keeping.

"Don't let the door kick you in the...."

To Tennessee? That is a distance. I have heard Indiana and Wisconsin.
Nashville and Knoxville areas. Guy I work with made the move. You can live like a king off the same salary, just stuck in TN...

He's suddenly a Vols fan which is awful.

Why? ...The coordinator that recruited him left. He got beat out for the starting position at quarterback. It says for personal reason...

Driving home from the game last night, the Champaign radio call-in football postgame show had a number of callers about the QB's...I wish Cam Thomas the best...the discussion was about bringing back Bush as the starter, or Rivers' great showing should move him up...Part of the discussion mentioned his transfer, and the hosts seemed to be of the opinion that the two freshmen had moved in front of Thomas on the depth chart - and being 4th on the depth chart after starting a number of games last year caused him to transfer...The simple fact that last year the Illini flip-flopped from Jeff George Jr. as a dropback passer to Cam Thomas the read option runner meant the system itself was damaged...

That said, I'm not yet convinced that the Illini's version of the read run/read pass option is very good...They ran several plays very successfully to the right, and the same play kept getting stuffed to the left...The straight-up one back read option plays are leaving me scratching my head - maybe because they look more like straight handoffs...But I loved the period in the second quarter when they went T formation with a back on each side of Rivers running the scissors cuts in front of him - which worked very well (hmmm, wonder where a Wilmington fan learned to appreciate the scissors cut handoffs...lol). Bush seems to have a stronger arm, but Rivers seemed to have better touch...And the offense looked much better with Rivers...I wonder if that is because he stepped into the game when the successful plays were built into the game plan, or if they were different plays because he was at QB...

And the ignorance of the situation continues...love it!

Driving home from the game last night, the Champaign radio call-in football postgame show had a number of callers about the QB's...I wish Cam Thomas the best...the discussion was about bringing back Bush as the starter, or Rivers' great showing should move him up...Part of the discussion mentioned his transfer, and the hosts seemed to be of the opinion that the two freshmen had moved in front of Thomas on the depth chart - and being 4th on the depth chart after starting a number of games last year caused him to transfer...The simple fact that last year the Illini flip-flopped from Jeff George Jr. as a dropback passer to Cam Thomas the read option runner meant the system itself was damaged...

That said, I'm not yet convinced that the Illini's version of the read run/read pass option is very good...They ran several plays very successfully to the right, and the same play kept getting stuffed to the left...The straight-up one back read option plays are leaving me scratching my head - maybe because they look more like straight handoffs...But I loved the period in the second quarter when they went T formation with a back on each side of Rivers running the scissors cuts in front of him - which worked very well (hmmm, wonder where a Wilmington fan learned to appreciate the scissors cut handoffs...lol). Bush seems to have a stronger arm, but Rivers seemed to have better touch...And the offense looked much better with Rivers...I wonder if that is because he stepped into the game when the successful plays were built into the game plan, or if they were different plays because he was at QB...

Thomas' drop to #4 on the depth chart was pretty common knowledge. Not bashing the kid, I never like to see anyone transfer, wish him well wherever he ends up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT