ADVERTISEMENT

Well its official

Do we think SWSC attempts to add anyone? Or could this be a catalyst for SWSC disbanding to form something else?

I've always wished Lemont would join SWSC.

Reactions: Braves55
Do we think SWSC attempts to add anyone? Or could this be a catalyst for SWSC disbanding to form something else?

I've always wished Lemont would join SWSC.
The DVC has to be looking to do something. If the SWSC were to add the Valleys and Naperville schools they would have 14 schools and really be South and West.

It'll be interesting to see how they do the conferences.
Maybe,
SPC East Division: Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Plainfield East, Plainfield Central, Joliet West, Joliet Central.
SPC West Division: Yorkville, Plainfield South, Plainfield North, Oswego, Oswego East, Minooka.
I would like to see….
SPC Blue Division: Yorkville, Oswego, Oswego East, Minooka, Joliet West, Joliet Central.
SPC Red Division: Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Plainfield South, Plainfield North, Plainfield East, Plainfield Central.

Last edited:
Reactions: epicbret
Maybe,
SPC East Division: Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Plainfield East, Plainfield Central, Joliet West, Joliet Central.
SPC West Division: Yorkville, Plainfield South, Plainfield North, Oswego, Oswego East, Minooka.
I would like to see….
SPC Blue Division: Yorkville, Oswego, Oswego East, Minooka, Joliet West, Joliet Central.
SPC Red Division: Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Plainfield South, Plainfield North, Plainfield East, Plainfield Central.
Like the East/West better. I would swap Plainfield E for Plainfield South though.

Marvel Balance GIF

Maybe,
I would like to see….
I think 4 Plainfield's, Minooka, Yorkville as one. Joliets, Oswegos, Romeoville, And Brook as the other makes the most sense

I think the better question is how is Cross Bones going to adjust his predictions in order to better sandbag Bolingbrook's chances to win each week with less historical data compared to the SWSC?

I feel we are going to learn about a magical prairie wind that comes out of Kendall/Grundy County that takes 2 touchdowns away from the Raiders projected margin of victory each game.

Should be fun to see how the new conference plays out...and yes I'd definitely say stay tuned to the Naperville area DVC schools and where they are going in the future. More still to come.

Going to miss the Brook in the SWSB.
It's going to be weird for sure. Well I guess seeing Romeoville and Joliets will be like old times sake.
I think the better question is how is Cross Bones going to adjust his predictions in order to better sandbag Bolingbrook's chances to win each week with less historical data compared to the SWSC?

I feel we are going to learn about a magical prairie wind that comes out of Kendall/Grundy County that takes 2 touchdowns away from the Raiders projected margin of victory each game.

Should be fun to see how the new conference plays out...and yes I'd definitely say stay tuned to the Naperville area DVC schools and where they are going in the future. More still to come.
Chat gpt exists.

• Haha
Reactions: practiceplan
The remaining 9 schools in SWSC playing all other teams in the league in Weeks 2 - 9 leaving Week 1 for one non-con for all will likely be the default option. Lemont to be added? I would not hold my breath for them to leave their domination of the SSC. DVC merger with the SWSC? The drive between, say, Bradley and Neuqua Valley on a Friday late afternoon/early evening would be challenging.
Whether it’s Bradley or DeKalb someone is going to have a bad deal here

Reactions: johnndoe
Whether it’s Bradley or DeKalb someone is going to have a bad deal here
This is the tricky part to determine in the next and perhaps final move of this conference realignment scenario. But I wouldn't count on DeKalb being a top priority for the other DVC schools if it means making a manageable schedule going forward at least for maybe just football. 9+5=14 which works a lot better than 9+6=15. Stay tuned.

Reactions: bccanwin
The remaining 9 schools in SWSC playing all other teams in the league in Weeks 2 - 9 leaving Week 1 for one non-con for all will likely be the default option. Lemont to be added? I would not hold my breath for them to leave their domination of the SSC. DVC merger with the SWSC? The drive between, say, Bradley and Neuqua Valley on a Friday late afternoon/early evening would be challenging.
I don't think this is correct.
In a 9-team. league, to play a round-robin requires 9 weeks of league games, with one team getting a bye each. week. That is why the 9-team league is a scheduling disaster.
If your school gets the conference bye week 1 or week 2, you are just fine. But a different team in the league will have a bye in week 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.
Finding an opponent to play that is of comparable size and skill level once you get past weeks 1 and 2 is not easy. And by the time the season reaches weeks 7,8, 9, the pickings for a non-conference opponent are extremely slim.

I don’t believe either of these two schools will be the caliber of LWE, HF, Lockport and upcoming Sandburg. Why is the Brook leaving?
Replacing LWE, HF, and Lockport with Romeoville, Joliets W & C is......closer. Not sure of any reasoning outside of what they said in the article.

Romeoville, maybe? I don’t know a lot about them. Knowing Joliet W or C well that is a stretch. I would take all of the above nine times out of 10 if not 10 out of 10. Easy wins for the Brook. So let’s see play a weaker schedule to get to the playoffs. Then get you ass handed to you. I don’t believe this is a move in the right direction. IMO. I hate seeing a team leave that these schools actually had to prepare for because they were competitive. Maybe LWE should look for a tougher conference. I wish they could play in the CCL Blue. 😊

Romeoville, maybe? I don’t know a lot about them. Knowing Joliet W or C well that is a stretch. I would take all of the above nine times out of 10 if not 10 out of 10. Easy wins for the Brook. So let’s see play a weaker schedule to get to the playoffs. Then get you ass handed to you. I don’t believe this is a move in the right direction. IMO. I hate seeing a team leave that these schools actually had to prepare for because they were competitive. Maybe LWE should look for a tougher conference. I wish they could play in the CCL Blue. 😊
They might let you in. I'd like to see it.

I just looked at distances and travel times for all the schools involved. The time difference is about what I figured

Plainfield E - 6 miles - 12 mins
Romeoville - 6 miles - 13 mins
Plainfield N - 9 miles - 18 mins
Lockport (E) - 13 miles - 20 mins
Plainfield C - 11 miles - 22 mins
Oswego E - 12 miles - 25 mins
Joliet C - 14 miles - 27 mins
Minooka - 24 miles - 27 mins
Joliet W - 13 miles - 29 mins
Oswego - 15 miles - 29 mins
Lincoln Way W - 20 miles - 29 mins
Plainfield S - 17 miles - 30 mins
Stagg - 18 miles - 30 mins
Lincoln Way C - 20 miles - 30 mins
Sandburg - 18 miles - 31 mins
Andrew - 22 miles - 37 mins
Lincoln Way E - 25 miles - 38 mins
Yorkville - 22 miles - 41 mins
Homewood-Floss - 34 miles - 43 mins
Bradley - 54 miles - 61 mins

SWP - 14 miles - 25 mins
SWSC - 25 miles - 35 mins

DVC
Neuqua - 7 miles - 16 mins
Naper C - 8 miles - 20 mins
Naper N - 9 miles - 23 mins
Waubonsie - 12 miles - 26 mins
Matea - 15 miles - 33 mins
Dekalb - 56 miles - 58 mins

DVC (w/o Dekalb) - 10 miles - 24 mins
DVC (w/ Dekalb) - 18 miles - 29 mins

Reactions: bccanwin

It'll be interesting to see how they do the conferences.
So, is the expectation that Bolingbrook will just take West Aurora's spot in the "West" Division in 2024-2025 as the Blackhawks are re-bolting to the Upstate Eight.
Or, do you see Bolingbrook joining the "East" Division and if so, which of the current six teams in that division is most likely to flip to the "West."
Right now, there are 2 Joliets, 3 Plainfields and 1 Romeoville.
Currently, is the league divided based on geography or enrollment or. something else?

I find that to be a fascinating question. What conference could Lincoln-Way East join that would make for more competitive football for the program?
Also, it seems that L-W East is strong in a lot of sports so maybe it's a league that also is solid in boys and girls hoops, baseball, softball ... basically most of the team sports.
I have looked on the map and don't see a move for the school that is more than just a horizontal/lateral move.
Eliminate the Catholic League as a non-starter.
Actually, I kind of think L-W East football is in a spot similar to Maine South and Warren ... big schools that are just too good now and probably into the far future for most of the teams in their respective leagues.

Reactions: ChiTown Chuggers
So, is the expectation that Bolingbrook will just take West Aurora's spot in the "West" Division in 2024-2025 as the Blackhawks are re-bolting to the Upstate Eight.
Or, do you see Bolingbrook joining the "East" Division and if so, which of the current six teams in that division is most likely to flip to the "West."
Right now, there are 2 Joliets, 3 Plainfields and 1 Romeoville.
Currently, is the league divided based on geography or enrollment or. something else?
Your guess is as good as mine. Seems if they keep it geographical we should be in the East and one of those Plainfield schools should go west.

This post is totally wrong Maine South has played in an extremely weak conference and has had no problem racking up playoff wins.

This post is totally wrong Maine South has played in an extremely weak conference and has had no problem racking up playoff wins.
I don’t deny that but to use Maine South as an example is not the norm. If you think playing a weaker schedule will make you better in the playoffs is crazy. It may make it easier to get in the playoffs but winning is another story. You can review plenty of posts over the years where posters point this out.

Since football drives all conference decisions:

Bradley makes sense if Southland would take them. Easier path to playoffs on a yearly basis.

Lemont would be dumb to leave as one of their auto wins in the SWS would likely end up in the SSC. They would go from the top to fighting to qualify.

Reactions: Gene K.
Since football drives all conference decisions:

Bradley makes sense if Southland would take them. Easier path to playoffs on a yearly basis.

Lemont would be dumb to leave as one of their auto wins in the SWS would likely end up in the SSC. They would go from the top to fighting to qualify.
Who do you project as that SWS team that would trade places with a Lemont SSC spot? Stagg seems to come up as such a candidate at times. I always wonder if D230, however, would permit them to separate from Andrew and Sandburg.

Who do you project as that SWS team that would trade places with a Lemont SSC spot? Stagg seems to come up as such a candidate at times. I always wonder if D230, however, would permit them to separate from Andrew and Sandburg.
They would let Stagg leave. They applied for membership a few years ago with RB. Both were rejected.

Seems odd they would leave a conference they were very competitive in for some slightly shorter drives.

Seems odd they would leave a conference they were very competitive in for some slightly shorter drives.
If you are talking B-B, maybe there are trends afoot in that district that a perennial in-and-out poster would know/opine about.

Reactions: chiliconcarne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT