ADVERTISEMENT

Week 6 schedule openings

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Might as well start the list early....already hearing from multiple schools who are "checking in" to see of schools are open even though they are not "officially" looking for a game....but they are looking for a game.

Again I'm going to try to separate schools looking from schools who have been shut down due to COVID issues here.

I'll predict we will have a TON of rescheduled games for Week 6.

Harlan
Julian
Greenville
Stockton

Last edited:
Might as well start the list early....already hearing from multiple schools who are "checking in" to see of schools are open even though they are not "officially" looking for a game....but they are looking for a game.
Again I'm going to try to separate schools looking from schools who have been shut down due to COVID issues here.
Lincoln Way West
If I am connecting the dots correctly, should LWW be looking for a Week 6 game, then LWE must be in the midst of some COVID issues?

Decatur MacArthur was supposed to play Decatur Eisenhower. Have not heard if Mac has been able to schedule another team.

Heard last night that Mac will play Peoria Manual next week.

Last edited:
I know in the FVC, week 6 is suppose to be cross-over "bowl game week"
1 v 1
2v2 etc.

Jacobs is shutdown due to COVID this week and next week. So I am assuming that whoever places 5th in the division with CLS, McHenry, PR, CG, CLC will be looking for a game as well. I am guessing the McHenry-CLS loser.

All.... Bloomington High School just announced they are done the last two weeks. The Big 12 is in the middle of their conference tournament. Centennial was supposed to be the Purple Raiders week five game. Ratsy

CSL teams ( Maine South , New Trier etc) have week 6 is a crossover game between CSL South vs North ( 1st v 1st, 2nd v 2nd etc). thus the TBD as week 6.

CSL teams ( Maine South , New Trier etc) have week 6 is a crossover game between CSL South vs North ( 1st v 1st, 2nd v 2nd etc). thus the TBD as week 6.
Welcome to the board. The North and South are not playing crossover games.

Yes. Maine South is trying to get a week 6 game. Vernon Hills the CSL North champion is afraid of Maine South.
Off topic but interesting.
Unfortunate development in North Suburban Conference . In normal season the 8-team league plays a seven-game round-robin schedule. With just a six-week season, it is 6 league games and each school misses playing one opponent.
Sadly the matchup between 5-0 Lake Forest and 5-0 Warren is the matchup NOT being played. So the teams are basically a lick to both finish 6-0. Warren is likely to dominate Libertyville in their matchup next week and Lake Forest has a guaranteed win as it plays one of the league’s basketball schools. Obviously the league could flop opponents to get a championship game if they so choose. That however would deny libertyville a chance to play mighty Warren and give them a sure and likely boring running-clock victory against a basketball school instead. It will be interesting to see if there is a schedule change.

Unfortunate development in North Suburban Conference . In normal season the 8-team league plays a seven-game round-robin schedule. With just a six-week season, it is 6 league games and each school misses playing one opponent.
Sadly the matchup between 5-0 Lake Forest and 5-0 Warren is the matchup NOT being played. So the teams are basically a lick to both finish 6-0. Warren is likely to dominate Libertyville in their matchup next week and Lake Forest has a guaranteed win as it plays one of the league’s basketball schools. Obviously the league could flop opponents to get a championship game if they so choose. That however would deny libertyville a chance to play mighty Warren and give them a sure and likely boring running-clock victory against a basketball school instead. It will be interesting to see if there is a schedule change.
I’m sure both teams want to play each other. Make it happen!

MAKE THEM PLAY!

How about this scenario:

LWE sends their reserves to Libertyville. I mean, they do have over 400 kids on their roster (jk). Warren plays LWE. The winner plays the winner of the Marist / LA-game in a game 7 winner takes all 8A State Championship. If gov. Moose-knuckle and the IHSA have a problem with a 7th game - they can take a shit in the Lake.

I'll predict we will have a TON of rescheduled games for Week 6.

Lincoln Way Central
Harlan
Julian
Romeoville
Rich Township
Greenville
Stockton
Evanston
New Trier
St Charles East
Cary-Grove is looking for a game.

ADVERTISEMENT