ADVERTISEMENT

Week 6 Associated Press Class 8A thru 1A rankings

Best in 4A is what I'm hoping for.
Best Catholic school that recruits the finest players from all around the greater Joliet area & competes with like schools in the best conference in the state vs various smaller town kids who grew up together hoping to defend the honor & pride of their small towns. Got it, reach for the stars!

Best Catholic school that recruits the finest players from all around the greater Joliet area & competes with like schools in the best conference in the state vs various smaller town kids who grew up together hoping to defend the honor & pride of their small towns. Got it, reach for the stars!
Rice has a great team this year. Go easy on those 4A Hilltoppers in Week 7.

Two years ago those big, bad Hilltoppers got eliminated from the playoffs by Mascoutah. That is pronounced ma-scoo-ta.

The 2021 Hilltoppers are better. But they are the exception for the program over the last decade.

honestly, 5A is more winnable than 4A this year. Really limited providence and fenwick teams have a good shot at winning the title as well as the aforementioned, and underrated, mascoutah.

looking forward to some good matchups with shg, Francis, or Rochester in 4A.

Huh? I would say jca matches up size wise very well well both teams. In addition, depth is not an issue this season. They do not have a single player that plays both ways. The roster is loaded with talent. One of the top running backs in the state has played very little and they haven’t missed a beat. LWE and JCA have one common opponent, Crete- Monee. JCA lead CM 33-7 and had the ball in the second half and was in complete control. LWE beat the same team 35-20. LWE and/or LA may beat JCA this year but it wouldn’t be because of the Hilltoppers lack of size or depth.

JCA'S O-Line goes:
6'2 290
6'5 260
6'2 290
5'10 310
6'4 335

Plus a 6'3 230 lb running back

D-Line
5'10 230
6'0 215
6'2 195
6'2 270
In addition to a very good sized and athletic LB crew plus a 6'1 210 lb safety that is heading to Illinois
Could you please look up Loyola’s so we can compare? I don’t care enough to do it. Thanks in advance!

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
I simply follow what I observe on video. When JCA plays BR next week, I expect a lot of their offensive linemen to play both ways. It will be the only time they are required to do so this year. Without Anderson, they go 13-1 or 14-0, winning every game except BR by 14 points or more.

Also, the injury to the LA RBs is not taken into account by Cal Preps. They will not be making the transition from Pemberton to Maldonado like they did last year. Their back up running back, is a good player, but Maldonado is a D-1 back. With him out of the lineup, LA's offense will adjust, but it will struggle against Marist and MC.

LA struggling to score is 17-24 points instead of 30-40. They have a D-1 quarterback with good position receivers but their playmaker is out.
Calpreps is incredibly accurate. I'd actually be surprised if they didn't take injuries into account.

There isn't a finer quarterback, running back, or wide receiver combination than the one at JCA.
The offensive line for JCA is tough and brutal. The defensive line, on the other hand, is a different story. I shouldn't make any assumptions, but as a BR supporter, I'm hoping to see their defensive line in its current form next week.
Id beg to differ on that one. Esl has the best wr in the country. Their top 2 rbs are D1 kids.

Wondering if the RB beating of Sycamore gives them legitimacy in people's eyes to be a $A contender. 42-20

Wondering if the RB beating of Sycamore gives them legitimacy in people's eyes to be a $A contender. 42-20
Yes Richmond burton is definitely a contender in 4A. I think Rochester, shg, st Francis, and JCA all beat sycamore-a very good team -by more than 3 scores. But it’s all about matchups and that doesn’t mean that r-b couldn’t beat any of those other four. They clearly could.

that said, none of the above 4 play Plano to a 7 point game. They running clock them. So, while I can see r-b beating any of the four mentioned above, I can just as likely see them losing by 40. All results would be on the table. They are definitely a contender, just more of an unknown based on their schedule.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT