ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4 Pick Em: Mount Carmel at Marist

So who wins Week 4

• Mount Carmel

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Marist

Votes: 33 47.8%

• Total voters
I picked MC because there was no money involved in the pick! It’s gonna be tight, the young Caravan are playing with nothing to lose and having fun along the way. It’s at Marist though, which is a tough place to play. It’s a toss up

Last edited:
17-14 Marist.

It was a coin flip, but I gave Marist the edge because they are at home and have a senior quarterback, an experienced offensive line, and a stud TE/WR.

Reactions: reebs1978
MC is 9-0 all time vs Marist. I was at the first meeting in '88 playoffs. Last 4 of 5 decided by 3, 7, 7, 5 points.
MC is young but have 3 games under belt now and big road win already at Rita. MC will have to put more points on board then they did week 1. Offense definitely has improved vastly from week 1. Just have to wear them down with O line and bust open some big plays with the speed they have . Have to make Jackson throw from pocket.

I think this game might surprise people. I'm going Marist 35-14. MC's defense is still untested against a high powered offense and can get exposed here. They played hard but struggled late against a shell-shocked SR offense without Kaleb Brown. While they looked good, there was no real test in their last two games. If the Marist OL stalemate the MC front 7 pressure, look for Jackson to have a senior moment in front of his home crowd.

I think this game might surprise people. I'm going Marist 35-14. MC's defense is still untested against a high powered offense and can get exposed here. They played hard but struggled late against a shell-shocked SR offense without Kaleb Brown. While they looked good, there was no real test in their last two games. If the Marist OL stalemate the MC front 7 pressure, look for Jackson to have a senior moment in front of his home crowd.
I think MC lost by 21 points maybe 4 times since the 1970’s...two of those to LA. Not saying MC won’t lose but it won’t be by more then 10 if they do. Marist wins vs. Curie, Richards and an 0-3 Naz hasn’t really tested them either. It will be a good game.

I think MC lost by 21 points maybe 4 times since the 1970’s...two of those to LA. Not saying MC won’t lose but it won’t be by more then 10 if they do. Marist wins vs. Curie, Richards and an 0-3 Naz hasn’t really tested them either. It will be a good game.
Mt carmel is that standard over the last 40 years In illinois. But to make such a false claim that they have only lost by 3 tds 4 times is laughable. I can think of 3 times alone that PC has beat them by 3 tds. I'm sure SR and loyola have as well. Should be a great game .

Reactions: Blue Ruin
A rare gaff by McCaravan. In the 1986 8A title game, they lost to WWS 44-21.
Wheaton North led by Kent Graham. Linebacker Tom O’rourke knocked Graham out of game in first half with dislocated shoulder. Only to return to dominate the flu ridden Caravan. That was 5-a. Marist lost in 6-a to Buffalo Grove. Not a good day for the south side.

Mt carmel is that standard over the last 40 years In illinois. But to make such a false claim that they have only lost by 3 tds 4 times is laughable. I can think of 3 times alone that PC has beat them by 3 tds. I'm sure SR and loyola have as well. Should be a great game .
Well I did say “maybe 4 times”...I did forget the PC year with Boykin they took it to MC twice...SR did in 2009....LA two times to my memory as stated....didn’t happen much at all in the 90’s....I’ll break out my book....21 point losses, stand by

@Blue Ruin here you go, according to recent record book

1982- 32-7 to JC
1986- 34-14 Wheaton N
2003- 33-0 Glenbard South
2004- 42-16 to PC, then damn near beat them in the semi’s 16-15
2006- 44-21 to WWS for State
2009- 54-18 to SR...ugh
2010- 35-14 to SR and 28-7 to Maine South for State
2014- 42-21 to PC
2015- 42-15 to LA
2017- 31-7 to LA

So 11 times since 1980...41 years, they lost 11 times by 21...technically the lost to Wheaton North in 86 was 20 but I’ll give it to you. So was I off? Yes. Laughable or gaff? No. Go Caravan!

@Blue Ruin here you go, according to recent record book

1982- 32-7 to JC
1986- 34-14 Wheaton N
2003- 33-0 Glenbard South
2004- 42-16 to PC, then damn near beat them in the semi’s 16-15
2006- 44-21 to WWS for State
2009- 54-18 to SR...ugh
2010- 35-14 to SR and 28-7 to Maine South for State
2014- 42-21 to PC
2015- 42-15 to LA
2017- 31-7 to LA

So 11 times since 1980...41 years, they lost 11 times by 21...technically the lost to Wheaton North in 86 was 20 but I’ll give it to you. So was I off? Yes. Laughable or gaff? No. Go Caravan!
Like I said mc has been the gold standard in illinois. but 11 is far from 4. Also pc won by 20 in the 1st meeting in 14 not 21. So I was also wrong.

Back to the game. MCs D has been great so far. They fly to the ball. They let up 9 points to SR, LA let up 7.....so 2 point swing when compared to the Mighty Ramblers. I just can’t see them letting up more then 21 points to Marist, tops...now can they score 22? We’ll see!

And the monkey remains on Marist's back. No way Marist beats MC next year so perhaps 2023 or 2024 - maybe 2037?
I was not impressed with Marist. They had a nice first drive, chewed up 7 minutes, but MC adjusted. This is the third time I saw Jackson vs MC, 2019, Spring 21 and now....I heard about him as a Freshman, which I'm sure at that point he was just a better athlete then most freshman...but I just thought he would develop better as a QB. He has great athletic ability but I'm not sure he is a D1 QB.....as a WR....DB...situational RB maybe, but not a QB. I don't think BR will have any issues with them week 9.

I was not impressed with Marist. They had a nice first drive, chewed up 7 minutes, but MC adjusted. This is the third time I saw Jackson vs MC, 2019, Spring 21 and now....I heard about him as a Freshman, which I'm sure at that point he was just a better athlete then most freshman...but I just thought he would develop better as a QB. He has great athletic ability but I'm not sure he is a D1 QB.....as a WR....DB...situational RB maybe, but not a QB. I don't think BR will have any issues with them week 9.
Exactly what I thought and why I said MC by 2 scores

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT