ADVERTISEMENT

CPL Pick 'Em Week 8

GhostOfTheGhhost

May 14, 2018
Dyett vs CVS
7-0 vs 6-1. No way I'm going against all that good Butkus energy surrounding CVS in the last week.
CVS!

Sullivan vs Mather
A Big Shoulders battle for the ages! In all honesty, if this can't take place at Hansen on the old Soldier Field turf, it needs to take place at Mather on the JV/practice field. The goal post planted directly in the middle of a baseball infield, the west sideline in the middle of a soccer field...that's football in the city baby! Just grab some dogs from Wolfy's across the street and Thursday doesn't get any more perfect.

South Shore vs Kennedy
Every year someone mentions that Kennedy missed out on the nickname game. Name a school after JFK and the nickname should definitely have something to do with the Cuban Missile Crisis or Bay of Pigs. Crusaders? Nope. Missile Pigs? Damn Straight. Speaking of nicknames, what is the South Shore nickname? If it isn't the Sea Shells, it might be a bigger miss than Kennedy.
Pigs!

Schurz vs Senn
Another Big Shoulders matchup! Schurz rolls into...wait...did you say Senn?... Too many words...
DAWGZ!!!!!!!!

Marine vs Longwood
I'm going to be honest, the only reason this game even made it on the list is because typing Longwood makes me giggle like a 6th grader. Every. Time.
Give me the wood!

Last edited:
Reactions: forlouann
That bit about the Kennedy Crusaders has me thinking if the (IN) Andrean Fighting 59ers should ever travel to play a South Florida HS, especially another Catholic school. Could be interpreted as the guys that fled or the guys that stayed/took over...

Last edited:
Reactions: GhostOfTheGhhost
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT