Week 1 Pick Em: So Who Wins Mount Carmel at St. Rita

So who wins Week 1

• Mount Carmel

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • St. Rita

Votes: 44 64.7%

• Total voters
I pick Rita to win and it will be heavenly bliss for
my recently deceased college roommate and Phi Sigma Kappa (ISU) fraternity brother, Jason R. Hodson, class of 1991.

Saint Rita, pray for us.

Jay-Boy broke that out several times when we were being especially stupid and reckless.
And yes, Jay-Boy did deliver pizzas for a bit. So this bit is hilarious to me!

If Rita is going to win any time in near future it will be this year.

Kicking off the season with an experienced team like SR after replacing 18 starters from the 2019/2021 spring season is a very difficult task for the young Caravan. Maybe it would be a different result if they meet again in the playoffs after this team has time to gel but for week one, MC has a punchers chance at best against a fresh Kaleb Brown, a possible D1 prospect QB and a massive line. MC will leave it all on the field though I know that.

Kicking off the season with an experienced team like SR after replacing 18 starters from the 2019/2021 spring season is a very difficult task for the young Caravan. Maybe it would be a different result if they meet again in the playoffs after this team has time to gel but for week one, MC has a punchers chance at best against a fresh Kaleb Brown, a possible D1 prospect QB and a massive line. MC will leave it all on the field though I know that.
Maybe the 2nd time around they play at Gatley for old times sake.

Before I pick someone in this one who is this running back Kyle Clayton from Phillips that transferred to SR? And Kingsbury(s) from LWE to SR?

I kind of used to Phillips being the raider not the raidee.

Did MC gain/lose anyone?

Last edited:
Reactions: ignazio
SR wins but it’s close. Too close for Rita fans enjoying that Sun Times Number one ranking. I’m thinking 28-20.

Before I pick someone in this one who is this running back Kyle Clayton from Phillips that transferred to SR? And Kingsbury(s) from LWE to SR?

I kind of used to Phillips being the raider not the raidee.

Did MC gain/lose anyone?
Kingsbury Dad was a stud at Rita and hearing the same about his son. Never heard of the Phillips RB. MC lost Tucker Miller to one of the Lincoln Ways, who had transferred in from Marist and got hurt in Spring practice and never played a down for MC so I’m just gonna chalk that up as a wash.

Last edited:
Reactions: SOUTHSIDECFD
MC starting 4 sophs on offense? What’s going on over there?
Just three on offense. 1 on defense. All are really, really good, legit D1 prospect RB in Dupree, 6’3 220 LB, lightening fast WR, and a 6’3 275 OL. They will take their lumps but look out when they are seniors. Very small senior class, they had low numbers as freshman in this class and it just dwindled down. Coach Franks last recruiting class.

Reactions: Bowie50 and ignazio
Kingsbury Dad was a stud at Rita and hearing the same about his son. Never heard of the Phillips RB. MC lost Tucker Miller to one of the Lincoln Ways, who had transferred in from Marist and got hurt in Spring practice and never played a down for MC so I’m just gonna chalk that up as a wash. 3 schools for him in 4 years
Clayton began HS career at BR and played WR there his frosh and soph years. Not sure what he did while at Phillips in the spring.

Just three on offense. 1 on defense. All are really, really good, legit D1 prospect RB in Dupree, 6’3 220 LB, lightening fast WR, and a 6’3 275 OL. They will take their lumps but look out when they are seniors. Very small senior class, they had low numbers as freshman in this class and it just dwindled down. Coach Franks last recruiting class.
Kingsbury Dad was a stud at Rita and hearing the same about his son. Never heard of the Phillips RB. MC lost Tucker Miller to one of the Lincoln Ways, who had transferred in from Marist and got hurt in Spring practice and never played a down for MC so I’m just gonna chalk that up as a wash.
Kingsbury has 3 at Rita now. Set of twins and a freshman. The freshman I hear maybe the best of the bunch. Clayton is a beast pass catching & running... MC better watch out, it will be a track meet. Rita is stacked on both ends of the ball

Kingsbury has 3 at Rita now. Set of twins and a freshman. The freshman I hear maybe the best of the bunch. Clayton is a beast pass catching & running... MC better watch out, it will be a track meet. Rita is stacked on both ends of the ball
I'll let them know they better watch out! Dear lord MC obviously knows what they are up against Friday, they don't need to watch out.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT