ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 Pick Em: Morris at Coal City

So who wins Week 1

• Morris

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • Coal City

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
I am an unabashedly proud homer saying that the Coalers will beat the Skins in week 1. I know that CC has lost a few key players to graduation and I know that Morris seems to have brought everyone back from a very good team. The Skins seniors, as frosh, absolutely overwhelmed the Coalers Seniors as frosh in their meeting way back then. I have faith in the development of players the CC coaching staffs have consistently managed to accomplish over the years and despite the odds being overwhelmingly against the home team, I will predict they eke out a victory. If they don't, I'm sticking with my guys come hell or high water anyway.

I would love to see CC winning. Especially because then Wilmo will beat CC week 3 hopefully. I just don’t see it happening though. Heard this is a great Morris group. Maybe I’ll make the trip over since Wilmo is away. Far away.

I am waiting for Coalertown44 to make his prediction and invite me for pregame before I decide
This game is going to be tough for the Coalers. Some new guys in new spots. They lost a load of skilled position and play makers on both sides of the ball with the 2019 class and most of their O line and home run hitter Cooper with the 2020 class. But........knowing Coach Loughran and the work he and his staff have put in this year I give my Coalers a chance. Plus never in the history of Coalertown44 existence has he ever picked against the beloved Coalers. CC 20 Morris 18. David vs Goliath. David sneaks one in and shocks the world

Reactions: Gene K.
This game is going to be tough for the Coalers. Some new guys in new spots. They lost a load of skilled position and play makers on both sides of the ball with the 2019 class and most of their O line and home run hitter Cooper with the 2020 class. But........knowing Coach Loughran and the work he and his staff have put in this year I give my Coalers a chance. Plus never in the history of Coalertown44 existence has he ever picked against the beloved Coalers. CC 20 Morris 18. David vs Goliath. David sneaks one in and shocks the world
And you are always invited, will be much more low key but the garage is always open for business

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT