ADVERTISEMENT

ICE Playoffs Round 2

McEvergreen

Oct 29, 2019
After going 3-0 last week, there's a good chance the ICE goes 0-3 this week :eek: Probably why it's so quiet around here ... and for good reason. Peotone will host BYRON, Coal City goes to ROCHESTER and Wilmington travels to TRI-VALLEY. Obviously, Wilmington probably has the only chance to come away with a win, but it will be hard earned. The Cats are going to need every bit of their "A" game in order to advance. If they can pull it off, it could possibly set-up a rematch with Seneca 🤞. Peotone and Coal City are both staring down the barrel of two elite, premier programs in the state. At least the Coalers had the sense enough to schedule their game for Friday and get it over with 👍

Reactions: Alexander32
After going 3-0 last week, there's a good chance the ICE goes 0-3 this week :eek: Probably why it's so quiet around here ... and for good reason.
Nope. Life happens man. Anyway.......

2A

Wilmo @ Downs - Rematch from the last two playoffs. Not gonna be easy for Wilmo, and I know we have established that the ICE is down, but who has Downs played? They have not played a single team who is still alive in the playoffs. 2 of their wins were against winless teams. I think the Cats avenge their loss in the second round and set up a huge rematch with Seneca. Wilmo 28 Downs 18

Coal City @ Rochester - Rockets gonna Rocket. CC won't have much of a chance here. Just in time to hit the mat and get ready to repeat as state wrestling champs. Rochester 42 - CC 7

Peotone @ Byron - Byron continues to roll here. Byron 51 - Tone 14

Reactions: Alexander32
Wilmington will get the job done this year. Downs is good but Wilmington is better this year. More physical on defense than they were a year ago for sure. Wilmington taking this game in easy fashion. I'll take the Cats on the road 28-7.

The Coalers are in some BIG trouble in this matchup. The Coaler defense will come to play but if the offense couldn't pick up a 1st down vs the Cats they are in for a LONG night vs the Rockets. I got the Rockets 35-0.

The Blue Devils have a chance to......No No they don't. Byron is better than they were last season and will continue to be better for the next 2-3 seasons after this one. Byron 48-0

Keep the conference alive Cats!

Wilmington will get the job done this year. Downs is good but Wilmington is better this year. More physical on defense than they were a year ago for sure. Wilmington taking this game in easy fashion. I'll take the Cats on the road 28-7.

The Coalers are in some BIG trouble in this matchup. The Coaler defense will come to play but if the offense couldn't pick up a 1st down vs the Cats they are in for a LONG night vs the Rockets. I got the Rockets 35-0.

The Blue Devils have a chance to......No No they don't. Byron is better than they were last season and will continue to be better for the next 2-3 seasons after this one. Byron 48-0

Keep the conference alive Cats!
Lol come on, give our Devils a chance😂

Wilmo wins
CC loses
Peotone loses

As a peotone fan, proud of the Devils. They overcame a lot this year. Lot of returning starters next year. Will be a fun year.

Reactions: doctor_d
I like Wilmo chances, although they need to limit mistakes. TV is a tougher opponent than MerCo. Nice little rivalry developing here. If I remember correctly, last year Wilmo took an early lead, but gave up a few big plays and the offense kinda stalled out. TV stole the win and then went on a pretty dominant run to the finals.

Tone and Coal City obviously have real tall orders. I hope and think they will represent well. If you gonna go down, might as well go down swinging. Nothing to lose when you are already counted out.

2A

(5) Wilmington @ (4) Downs - Cats did not have an issue in Round 1 and I really do not see an issue in Round 2 either. Downs is a quality team but I don't think they are at the level of the Cats. Revenge win from last year. Cats 35 Vikings 14

3A

(9) Peotone @ (1) Byron - Like what Tone did this year. All three of their losses are to teams that have made round 2. Unfortunately they have the reward of Byron after their Round 1 win. I don't see anyone besides Montini having a shot to beating Byron this year. Successful season but it ends Saturday. Tigers 42 Blue Devils 14

4A

(8) Coal City @ (1) Rochester - Coalers had a really good win at home against U-High last week. Pounded the ball in the mud and played super physical. Great all around game. Like Tone they drew the best team in the class. Rochester has beaten everyone they have played this year and it hasn't even been close. They are at home and will be ready to run and gun from the opening whistle. I think Rochester is the heavy favorite here but I never pick against my Coalers. Upset of the State tournament here. Coalers 24 Rockets 21

Reactions: Gene K.
2A

(5) Wilmington @ (4) Downs - Cats did not have an issue in Round 1 and I really do not see an issue in Round 2 either. Downs is a quality team but I don't think they are at the level of the Cats. Revenge win from last year. Cats 35 Vikings 14

3A

(9) Peotone @ (1) Byron - Like what Tone did this year. All three of their losses are to teams that have made round 2. Unfortunately they have the reward of Byron after their Round 1 win. I don't see anyone besides Montini having a shot to beating Byron this year. Successful season but it ends Saturday. Tigers 42 Blue Devils 14

4A

(8) Coal City @ (1) Rochester - Coalers had a really good win at home against U-High last week. Pounded the ball in the mud and played super physical. Great all around game. Like Tone they drew the best team in the class. Rochester has beaten everyone they have played this year and it hasn't even been close. They are at home and will be ready to run and gun from the opening whistle. I think Rochester is the heavy favorite here but I never pick against my Coalers. Upset of the State tournament here. Coalers 24 Rockets 21
I think you're being optimistic with the Peotone/Byron score. Byron has given up 14 points only once this year and hasn't scored less than 43.

I'm curious to know how many points Byron's first team D has allowed this season 🤔

In agreement with all of you. Looks like 2-1 is the most likely scenario but 0-3 could happen as well.

Byron @ Peotone - the Devilsmhave overcome a lot this year and look to be a solid team next year but the road will end on Saturday. Byron is a beast and will be a beast again next year with a loaded junior class. Byron 56 Peotone 20

Coal City @ Rochester - similar to the aforementioned game, the Rockets of Rochester will score early and often against the Coalers. They are too athletic and have too many weapons. Not to mention they have a solid defense. Rochester 49 Coal City 6

Wilmo @ Tri Valley - 3 years in A row for two very good football programs and this one will be another good matchup. What many thought would be a rebuilding year for TV turned in to a conference championship and a very potent offense and solid defense. The only issue is their strength of schedule which was much weaker than Wilmington and a lack of depth at many positions. However, they have a few playmakers who can change the game in a few plays. Wilmington looked dominant last week and their broadcast online was phenomenal! Mercer Co. has nothing on offense than a long pass plays but thier QB was getting hoot on almost every play and only broke a few long runs. Wilmington 34 TV 18

In agreement with all of you. Looks like 2-1 is the most likely scenario but 0-3 could happen as well.

Byron @ Peotone - the Devilsmhave overcome a lot this year and look to be a solid team next year but the road will end on Saturday. Byron is a beast and will be a beast again next year with a loaded junior class. Byron 56 Peotone 20

Coal City @ Rochester - similar to the aforementioned game, the Rockets of Rochester will score early and often against the Coalers. They are too athletic and have too many weapons. Not to mention they have a solid defense. Rochester 49 Coal City 6

Wilmo @ Tri Valley - 3 years in A row for two very good football programs and this one will be another good matchup. What many thought would be a rebuilding year for TV turned in to a conference championship and a very potent offense and solid defense. The only issue is their strength of schedule which was much weaker than Wilmington and a lack of depth at many positions. However, they have a few playmakers who can change the game in a few plays. Wilmington looked dominant last week and their broadcast online was phenomenal! Mercer Co. has nothing on offense than a long pass plays but thier QB was getting hoot on almost every play and only broke a few long runs. Wilmington 34 TV 18
I get pulling for your conference, wanting them to perform well, and being optimistic, but what are you guys seeing that says Peotone can score 20 on Byron? They've given up 45 all season, that's 4.5 points/game. I think they may score late on the 2nd or 3rd team defense, but Byron will be able to name the score until they play Montini.

Reactions: McEvergreen
GrossNoises makes an appearance :eek:

deliverance GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT