ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 and 2? What I'm thinking....

15 years ago if you would’ve told me that ic would be playing jca I would’ve thought it was a joke. For ic to be the favorite I would’ve thought you were crazy. Can’t believe how times change.

Friday of Week 2, Lemont coming down to Rich Central continues to be intriguing. first-time match-up.

Reactions: jwarigaku
15 years ago if you would’ve told me that ic would be playing jca I would’ve thought it was a joke. For ic to be the favorite I would’ve thought you were crazy. Can’t believe how times change.

They sure do. 15 years ago Driscoll, Carmel and Lockport were all state champs.

Week 2 - LA at NT - long overdue .....and great to see these 2 schools play each other again. NT gave LA a run for their money in the opening round last year of the playoffs with a second half comeback that fell short.......but not by much. Brian Doll (former NT player) has done a great job reviving the program at NT and understands the 2 schools have a natural and intense rivalry in other sports......bringing football back to that rivalry is a great idea.....! And for parents on both sides of the line - it is a short commute -regardless of home or away !

Reactions: Gene K. and EdgyTim
Week 2 - LA at NT - long overdue .....and great to see these 2 schools play each other again. NT gave LA a run for their money in the opening round last year of the playoffs with a second half comeback that fell short.......but not by much. Brian Doll (former NT player) has done a great job reviving the program at NT and understands the 2 schools have a natural and intense rivalry in other sports......bringing football back to that rivalry is a great idea.....! And for parents on both sides of the line - it is a short commute -regardless of home or away !
I 100% agree on this one! NT looks like their stadium upgrades are getting close to be finished when I drove by earlier this week, but no doubt the Ramblers are going to be ready to go for a Friday night game at their rivals down the road. I am very excited to see atmosphere for that one. Last year when we played Bishop Amat at NT I was very impressed by the Friday night crowd the Ramblers brought!

You have to have Maine South at Mount Carmel as a place to go, first game for Jordan Lynch at Gately as the Head Coach of the Caravan against a top team in the state. I sure hope that all of Mount Carmel comes out to see this and that the Maine South fans make the trek south, could make for a fun atmosphere and a great game!

I 100% agree on this one! NT looks like their stadium upgrades are getting close to be finished when I drove by earlier this week, but no doubt the Ramblers are going to be ready to go for a Friday night game at their rivals down the road. I am very excited to see atmosphere for that one. Last year when we played Bishop Amat at NT I was very impressed by the Friday night crowd the Ramblers brought!
Agree also. This will be the best atmosphere in week 2 to see. They are selling out the whole stadium including standing room in the coming weeks for the game. Community is really excited this is back.

Reactions: lkhammer57
You have to have Maine South at Mount Carmel as a place to go, first game for Jordan Lynch at Gately as the Head Coach of the Caravan against a top team in the state. I sure hope that all of Mount Carmel comes out to see this and that the Maine South fans make the trek south, could make for a fun atmosphere and a great game!

I have to have to agree with your having edgy having to have to agree.

Maybe not if it's not lynch and a new offense. But i cannot ignore that fact. It's impact game numero uno of the year.

MC vs MS for sure Edgy! Plus, if the rumors are true, this may be the last chance you get to cover MC at Gately. Our only other game is against Fenwick the final game of the reg season and I don’t think that will be a must see.....maybe MC with all their talent can pull off an upset and crack your top 25! Wink emoji!!

All.... Stay South for two days Edgy! Week two Friday night Chatham @ SHG. The talk is brewing. Is this the Titans year? We will see. Ratsy

I think Prep Writer has it correct here. Does Edgy make an exception here?

Biased Witty: Richards vs. Rita in Chicago

Biased Witty II: See the winner of the JCA/SR game (both playing great opponents in Richards/IC

8A: Naperville Central at LWE

7A vs. 8A: SCN @ Bolingbrook

The game Edgy should go to: Nazareth @ LZ--potential 7A championship game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT