ADVERTISEMENT

WB6 Week 2

Swansa01

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2017
Niles Notre Dame (1-0) @ Sterling (0-1): It’s a learning year in Golden Warrior land as the team is super young and is figuring out how to be varsity football players. Sterling does have some dude as Kaeden Phillips is speedy and dangerous in the open field and Drew Nettleton has a fast ball of a throw. I don’t really know Niles ND, but they look like they have some size and want to punish people up front. Sterling’s kids are tough, but NND probably wears them down for a comfortable win.

Prediction: Niles by 17

Geneseo (1-0) @ Clinton (WI) (1-1): Geneseo makes the long haul to Wisconsin to take on a school roughly half it’s size. Clinton looks like it has some size to it but unsure about the team speed. Clinton also looks to have only about 20-22 kids on the field. Long bus ride probably leads to a sluggish start for the Leafs, but once they start grinding with their double wing/wing t attack, I think they pull away after half time.

Prediction: Geneseo by 3 touchdowns.

Limestone (0-1) @ Galesburg (0-1): Last season, Galesburg won this game 41-7. This is Galesburg chance to right the ship. After getting handled last week by Dunlap, Galesburg gets a Limestone opponent still finding it’s feet as well. I think Limestone is a little better this season, but Galesburg has a few more athletes and should overwhelm Limestone in the end.

Prediction: Galesburg by 17

Moline (1-0) @ Benet Academy (1-0): Last season, Benet won 38-7. Game of the week in the conference this week. Moline built a lot of confidence and momentum in beating a good Missouri school in overtime last week. History says Benet just has Moline’s number, no matter how good Moline is. I think that all changes this season. Moline will look to pound the ball and keep Benet’s O off the field. Moline’s D needs to not have the late game break down it had last week that let the game slip into overtime. I think Moline finally gets over the Benet hump this season.

Prediction: Moline by 1

Alton (0-1) @ Quincy (1-0): Last season, Quincy won this game 40-6. Quincy handled in town rivel Notre Dame last week but was very sloppy in doing so. Even still, Quincy’s talent and speed was on full display. Alton got hammered by Althoff last week, their secondary giving up 3 TD’s on 4 pass completions. Hate to say it Redbirds…Quincy likes to sling it. I see Quincy cleaning up their penalties and tightening up the defense for a comfortable home win.

Prediction: Quincy by running clock

Dunlap (1-0) @ Rock Island (1-0): Last season, Dunlap won 21-7. Dunlap looks very solid last week in its plastering of Galesburg. Rock Island showed flashes of what it could be in it’s loss to Minooka. I think this game comes down to can Rocky control the ball and limit possessions for Dunlap’s dangerous offense. If they can, I think they have a good shot at pulling a W. If not, Rock Island’s defense will eventually break.

Prediction: Dunlap by 10

Chicago Muchin (0-1) @ United Township (0-1): Last season, UT won 60-6. I do not think this will be much of a game. UT has size on the line and a running back who has blink and you miss him speed. The defense played very solidly last week against LP. Games is over by halftime and the back ups get some experience reps.

Prediction: UT by running clock.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT