ADVERTISEMENT

WB 28 LZ 10 Final

kitty_bintingot

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2017
LZ QB looks good. Good first drive ends in FG.

Tumility gets ball and runs all over the place and then throws 25yardish TD pass to wide open WR. Tumility for POY.

On last play of Q1 LZ QB throws what seems to be an uncatchable pass, Tumilty even slowed down and avoided contact because it seemed to be out of reach, but the LZ WR went up and tipped it with one hand, then came down with it and ran it into the endzone. WOw.

It's insane. Is anyone watching this? Tumility drives down the field and scores. I don't know what adjectives or metaphors to use to describe how good he is. One that comes to mind is fearless. He runs the ball without the slightest fear.

LZ driving...Tumility might already have about 10 tackles. Willow Tree D forces 4th and 8 from WB 19 yard line. Second time they have bent and not broken. LZ takes TO. 3:14 left. LZ goes for, throws the ball into the endzone and it's swatted away. Turnover. Huge stop for Willow Tree.

WB punts. Then LZ completes nice pass but next pass gets picked off! WB takes over. WB faces 3rd and 23 with 46 ticks left backed up inside their own 10. 4th and long with 38 ticks left. Willow Tree needs to get this punt off safely. Good punt, almost blocked. LZ takes over with 33 ticks left exactly at midfield.

Wheel route out the backfield complete down to 32 yard line. 26 ticks left. One short completion then an incompletion. 3rd n 9 from 31 with 18 ticks left. Pass to endzone incomplete. Penalty on play and LZ is backing up. 9 ticks left. Last play of half is INT by Willow Tree and they win the first half---what a first half it was! I give a lot of praise to Tumility but every kid on that team is flying around. It's just Tumility is x-factor. LZ is really, really impressive as well.

Q3: on 3rd and 10 Tumility pass complete for 1st down. Ball at WB 40. Next play read option keeper for 9. 2nd and 1. Ball at 50. Tumility drops back then scrambles for easy 1st down. Pass complete for 7. Ball at LZ 40. Pass complete for 6. 1st down WB. Run by Tumility for 10. 1st down. Ball at LZ 25. Pass to end zone incomplete. Pass completed but WB WR smacked and ball drops. Incomplete. 3rd and 10. Probably 2 down territory. Pass to end zone battled for but ultimately broken up. 4th down. Willow Tree to go for it. Tumility slips while scrambbling, gets tackled. Turnover on downs. LZ takes over.

4 yard run. 5 yard run. 3rd n inches. 1 yard gain. 1st down LZ. 6 yard QB veer keep. 12ish yard run. Ball at WB 35. 2 yard run. Will WB defense bend but not break again? 2nd and 8. 6 yard run. 3rd and 2. QB keeper to outside for a little chunk. 1st down LZ at WB 19. What a game. QB read keeper sniffed out, TFL. 2nd n 13. LZ player hurt. Tumility with a big sweep tackle to the outside for 1yard gain. 3rd and 12. Haha. I'm watching Tumility the whole way, he just reads the QB perefectly, steps in front of the pass for an INT, then breaks about 3 tackles running back and forth across the field and returns the ball to around the 40. There's a penalty on LZ (maybe personal foul). WB takes over at LZ 47ish. Tumility for POY. WB bends but doesn't break yet again.

Pass for 2 yard gain. Tumility veer keeper for 5. 3rd and 5. Pass complete for 1st. Flag. Holding on WB. Long pass intercepted LZ takes over.

LZ QB1 out. Backup in. Couple nice runs set up 3rd n 1. LZ run stuffed but enough for 1st down. End Q3.

Q4: Pass for 6. 2nd n 4. Run for 2. 3rd n 1ish/2ish. QB veer keeper just enough for 1st. Backup showing guts on a hard run. Run for 4. Run for 0. 3rd n 6. Pass complete and WR breaks tackle, almost breaks 2nd tackle but 1st down LZ ball on WB 37. Veer keeper for 0. 2nd n 10. Run for 1 or 2. 3rd n 8. TO LZ. WB with sack. LZ punts.

Lost connection. WB had a holding call bring them back on long run by Tumility. They punt.

LZ takes over and on first play seems to complete a long pass but I can't see what happened. Seemed to be contact now a LZ WR is injured and pass is ruled incomplete. Ball at LZ 40. 2nd n 10. Short pass complete for 5. 3rd n 5. 3:29 and clock is ticking. Pass complete right at yard marker and LZ WR is hit right there. 1st down LZ. Under 2 mins now. Ball at WB 49. Deep pass thrown out of bounds. Clock stops. 2nd n 10. 2:42 left. Pass complete Tumility comes screaming down to make the tackle. 8 yard gain. 3rd n 2. 2:17 and ticking. Run for 3ish yards. 1st down LZ. Ball at WB 37. Haha. Short pass jumped on by De'Andre Holliday and he takes off screaming down the field for a Willow Tree pick six. That's game folks. Warriorrrsssssssssssss! This team is sick with it. PAT good. Willow Tree 21 Lake Zurich 10. 1:37 Q4.

Ball is squibbed and the returner takes it back to the WB 35! Maybe I sang too soon. 1st n 10 LZ. Nah I didn't sing too song. The Warriors always come out to play. On first down LZ tries another pass, it gets picked off again and returned to the house for another Willow Tree pick 6.

Then on the ensuring kickoff LZ carrier is blasted and fumbles. WB recovers. Oh my god. WB lines up to take a knee.

What a story. After three consecutive quarter final appearances, Nick Hildreth and co busts the Willowbrook Warriors of the West Suburban Gold into the 7A semi-finals, to square off against Mt Carmel next Saturday in Villa Park.

Tumility had easily over 15 tackles, had probably over 200 yards rushing if you include his INT return yards, and a couple of TDs. POY.

Last edited:
Reactions: MS4EVER and stl705
Tumilty had unreal stats in reg season, sounds like hes turned it up a notch in playoffs! Definite contender for POY!

Love seeing Geb give that post game talk. They're ready for Mount Carmel. Watch out Caravan!

Great game! Sam Tumilty is the best player I have seen this year. Quick, fast and agile. Made all the throws and hard runs needed today. Countless tackles and an Int to boot on defense. He is the POY!!!

Great game! Sam Tumilty is the best player I have seen this year. Quick, fast and agile. Made all the throws and hard runs needed today. Countless tackles and an Int to boot on defense. He is the POY!!!
Agree with everything you say

This team is incredible! Well coached and disciplined. Playing free and having fun. Sam is definitely the POY, and the most unassuming, polite, share-the-credit leader that any team could have. He’s the first to tell you that his teammates are the stars and he benefits from their grit and great play.

Reactions: RD_Watcher
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT