ADVERTISEMENT

Warren at Andrew

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
So we can get to the X’s and O’s Later. What are the best places to eat near the school? No wrong answers.

Wait a minute LWE plays NV and Warren plays Andrew? I am sorry but what. Okay fine but how does this happen? I am curious on how this is decided. IMO it’s not logical.

Wait a minute LWE plays NV and Warren plays Andrew? I am sorry but what. Okay fine but how does this happen? I am curious on how this is decided. IMO it’s not logical.
Is that kinda like dogs and cats sleeping together - mass hysteria?

Reactions: corey90
Jamesons Pub in Frankfort. It's a lodge-like atmosphere including giant logs, huge fireplace, and taxidermy animals in the rafters. If you didn't know better, you would think you're at the Dutton Ranch in Montana!

Jamesons Pub in Frankfort. It's a lodge-like atmosphere including giant logs, huge fireplace, and taxidermy animals in the rafters. If you didn't know better, you would think you're at the Dutton Ranch in Montana!
How far is that from the school?

How far is that from the school?
About 4 miles. Jameson’s is about 2 miles south of I80 off LaGrange Rd and Andrew is about 2 miles north of I 80 and just a bit east of LaGrange Rd. Was just there Friday night, good choice. Would have a bunch of LWE fans there if they were home.

Reactions: McEvergreen
Another good spot just a little further away than Rosie’s
But if your wanting something other than Mexican then it’s a good choice.

So we can get to the X’s and O’s Later. What are the best places to eat near the school? No wrong answers
On LaGrange Rd: Mama Mia Taco and Tequila bar- next to Ottimo. Ottimo is a good choice. On 171st Lou Malnati's, Frankies, and Hillgrove Tap (new place). If coming from I80 and LaGrange, Beggars Pizza on 191st just east of LaGrange.

Does Warren typically see the option/wing attack from any teams like they'll see with Andrew?

Can Andrew throw the ball? They're in big trouble if they can't.
They can, but it's not their bread and butter. They have thrown it more this year than past, but they really try to move the chains on the ground. I've seen them hold possession for almost entire quarters before nickle and diming 1st downs on the ground. Every once in awhile they go to pass to mix it up and keep opponents guessing, but they can get one dimensional pretty quick if you contain.

Reactions: McEvergreen
Not really no. Gonna be a big challenge for sure

This will be interesting to watch play out. Andrew runs a really disciplined option attack that is tough to prepare for in one week. It's given quality opponents fits in the past. And that place is going to be rocking on Saturday. Is Warren as good against the run as they've been in years past?

As long as we are talking downtown Frankfort, Francesca's is always a solid choice.

Closer to Andrew, if you can't find what you are looking for on La Grange Road (esp north of 159th), you are being too picky.

This will be interesting to watch play out. Andrew runs a really disciplined option attack that is tough to prepare for in one week. It's given quality opponents fits in the past. And that place is going to be rocking on Saturday. Is Warren as good against the run as they've been in years past?
Run defense is solid. Not nearly as dominant as past years but still very stingy.

From the film I’ve seen the QB has a nice arm. They were able to throw it well vs Huntley.

How in the world did Andrew lose 52-8 in their opener?

Kaneland is a great football team. Turnovers were a big issue from what I watched (i think they had 5 or 6?). They got down big early which is not good with that offense they run.

I get that Kaneland is a good football team.

But giving up 52 points is a big deal IMO.
Now I see there were lots of turnovers, I’m connecting dots.

Thank you.

Reactions: SWsuburbs4
They can, but it's not their bread and butter. They have thrown it more this year than past, but they really try to move the chains on the ground. I've seen them hold possession for almost entire quarters before nickle and diming 1st downs on the ground. Every once in awhile they go to pass to mix it up and keep opponents guessing, but they can get one dimensional pretty quick if you contain.
Combine that with Warren’s absolute willingness to win a game 2-0 and there may not be more than 6 possessions this whole game smh

Front 7 isnt as athletic as in the past. They’re disciplined and will be in the tight place but can get hit off tackle as the DEs and OLBs don’t pursue as quickly. Could be an issue. Warren’s strength is the secondary so a team that doesnt want to pass will be playing to Warrens left hand

How in the world did Andrew lose 52-8 in their opener?
Turnovers early that snowballed on Andrew quickly. If we played 20 times, that score would have only happened once. The other 19 games would be closer, that game was an outlier IMO. This coming from a Kaneland fan that was at the game

Turnovers early that snowballed on Andrew quickly. If we played 20 times, that score would have only happened once. The other 19 games would be closer, that game was an outlier IMO. This coming from a Kaneland fan that was at the game
Speaking of Kaneland, how do they stack up against PR?

Keeping this short so I'm not hijacking this thread:

Have to tackle really really really well. Any arm tackle vs PR = TD. They're going to get their points no matter what so we have to capitalize on every opportunity. If we get a stop, we have to score. If we get a turnover, we have to score. Will be the best offensive team we've seen this season that rarely makes mistakes.

Seems like a team that it could get ugly for if they have to play from behind. Same can be said for Warren too. Teams that aren't comfortable throwing the ball can end up in weird situations when that happens. That was basically how Warren lost to Lake Zurich. Got down quickly and even though the defense tightened up the offense, oddly enough didn't even try to throw the rock and instead continued pounding it away 90% of the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT