ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Yorkville DE Andrew Laurich has visit plans

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Yorkville (Ill.) junior defensive end prospect Andrew Laurich (6-foot-4, 240 pounds) is already holding a handful of MAC scholarship offers this winter, and could more offers be on the way sooner rather than later? Laurich checks in and recaps his latest recruiting and winter plans in this update.

"We started back to school on Monday," Laurich said. "I've been just lifting and working out and going to the gym."

Laurich recapped his latest recruiting news.

"I've been still staying in touch with some of the college coaches. I was invited to go to junior day events at both Miami of Ohio and also to Toledo. I'm planning to check out Miami of Ohio on the (January) 16th and then to Toledo on (January) the 17th. Those are the only two junior day visits I have set for now but I'm planning to make more visits this winter and spring."

Laurich has also started drawing new recruiting attention this winter.

"We saw quite a few coaches in school back in December. Purdue, Wyoming and Illinois all made in school visits and they have all started to show more recruiting interest in me. The feedback from those coaches has been good. A lot of schools want to see me in school this spring and watch one of my workouts. They all also want me to stay in touch with them this winter and spring."

Look for Laurich to keep working hard and improving his game this off season.

"I'm working hard on staying in shape this winter. I've started speed training with Don Beebe and I go work with him 3 days a week. I'm also lifting and working on getting bigger, stronger and also faster."

Andrew Laurich has scholarship offers from Bowling Green, Toledo, Central Michigan, Miami of Ohio and Western Michigan.

My Take on Andrew Laurich Recruiting: Laurich already has a nice amount of offers from the MAC and his overall game is no question would be a great fit in the MAC. Yet I can see several higher profile schools start to take a harder look at Laurich this winter and spring. Laurich I feel right now is looked at as sort of a tweener positionally...and while he saw a large majority of reps at defensive end he has the size, frame and overall look of an eventual defensive tackle at a high D1 level in my opinion. Look for this spring to be huge from a recruiting perspective for Laurich.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.